TWONKEY! A dramatic whodunnit in up to 3 acts

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Dotsie » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:55 pm

Morty wrote:
Sjoerd3000 wrote:I don't think Dotsie likes you very much at the moment :wink:
:lol:

You have much to learn Grasshopper.

I know Manchester birds and after half a lager and black and a bag of pork scratchings down at Tommy Ducks (Manchestor boozer) and she will be begging me to make her Mrs Morty.

Damn! Maybe we have met before....

Well, since I have yet to vote, & you voted for me, & nothing I could say would save you anyway

I vote for Morty :twisted:

Careful how you treat a Manc lass, she will get you in the end!
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Morty » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:02 pm

Dotsie wrote:
Careful how you treat a Manc lass, she will get you in the end!

I feel as if my end has been violated......and I'm moving to Salford :lol:
Morty

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:17 pm

OK - so vote off standings now look like this

Pooh x 3 for Morty (all done)
Sjoerd x 3 for Morty (all done)
Morty x 1 for Dotsie
Crys x 1 for Morty
Dotsie x 1 for Morty

So 2 definite final votes for Morty and the Ladies hold the final say with 2 votes each to be used if they so wish.** When we have a outright declaration of all available votes in AND/OR if 3 people have fully declared for Morty (to go and meet the guy with the big blade) I will end this 2nd Day Phase early as the outcome will not be altered however outstanding votes are used...

**Please note that Crys may not have an opportunity to get in here again before the official deadline but I will close the vote in any event at that stage with the votes as they stand, subject to any further activity.
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Morty » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:24 pm

I use all my remaining votes on Sjoerd.
I'm so sad I thought he was my special friend even more special than ones that only I can see. :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Morty

Postby Dotsie » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:47 pm

OK let's make this quick and painless(ish).

I vote for Morty
I vote for Morty
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:01 pm

Night phase will start when I've got the Times up on the presses :wink:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:53 pm

ANKH-MORPORK TIMES

TWONKEY ‘ANGEL’ DIES IN WINGS

Another One Bites The Boards!

Mr. Mortimer Postlethwaite, 109, the well-liked, genial financial backer of many of the Dysk’s most successful recent productions, including TWONKEY!, was found dead this afternoon, hanging from two tangled scene-changing ropes in the stage wings at the Dysk. Bizarrely, given recent grisly events at the Dysk, the Watch are treating Mr. Postlethwaite’s untimely end as an accidental death.

In an official statement Sgt. Colon informed The Times that the Watch could find no indication of foul play, having taken eye-witness statements from several of the stage crew to the effect that “the silly old sod was always messing around with the equipment” and had been observed only minutes before, prodding the counter-weights and examining the ropes for wear and tear. Quite how the ropes had twisted themselves around Mr. Postlethwaite’s neck soon afterwards is a mystery yet to be revealed by the Watch, who are continuing their investigations into the two murders in as many days at the beleaguered theatre.
"Hold on! Hold on! Don't go jumping to no scurrilous conclusions!" Sgt. Colon was quick to counter accusations of complacency and poor detectoring work by his team. "Mr. Postlethwaite, being a zombie, has admitted he's a bit of a silly-billy and that it was entirely his own fault that he ended up hanging 20 ft up in the air."

The eccentric 'Angel' declined to comment for the Times and quickly disappeared from the press conference hoarsely muttering something about needing to get home to feed his pussycat after he'd seen his osteopath as a matter of urgency. Sgt Colon has indicated that the Watch are getting 'ever-closer' to the perpetrator(s) of the terrible murders and that he is convinced that convictions will be concluded in a couple of days 'if not before'.

Dear, oh dear, oh dear….
Yet another innocent wrongfully sent into the next world – for a bit anyway. Nice work that Golem and Sausage Salesman Extraordinaire! :roll:

Suspicion and anxiety now falls particularly upon
Crysania
Dotsie
poohcarrot
Sjoerd

THE 2nd NIGHT PHASE HAS COMMENCED: Please do not post in this thread until the next Day Phase starts. Any queries or comments to the support thread please.

Will the 4 people with special roles (durr! :roll: ) please PM their decisions/choices to Jan a.s.a.p
Deadline is 2200hrs (London) Mon 25th January.
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:06 pm

ANKH-MORPORK TIMES

NIGHTWATCH GOLEM ‘SHATTERED’ IN ANOTHER DYSK SLAYING!!!!!

Dysk’s ‘Angel-Zombie’ In For Questioning!

In another bizarre twist, the now serial murder investigation at the Ankh-Morpork Dysk has chalked up another victim. Constable Dorfl [Sjoerd :cry: ] was smashed to pieces in the early hours of this morning in suspicious circumstances, whilst he was on surveillance duty outside the lodgings of leading freelance caterer Mr. Claude M.O.T. Dibbler [Crys :shock: ].

An almost speechless Mr. Dibbler described the incident outside his bijou warehouse penthouse as ‘unbelievable’. Talking to our reporter outside Pseudopolis Yard after he had finished giving his statement Mr. Dibbler explained that he was disturbed by loud noises outside, whilst he was entertaining Ms. Wanda Strumpitz [pooh :lol: ] who is currently in the city working at the Dysk with her employer, the foreign gentleman portaying Azabananana [Dotsie :P ] in the ill-fated production of TWONKEY! Still visibly shaken, Mr Dibbler added “I never saw anything like it in all my life! There was pottery… I mean bits of poor Constable Dorfl, all over the street like there’d been an earthquake or something! First I heard was this big bang and then it was like breaking glass shattering. We didn’t even know it was a golem until I found his Watch Badge on the doormat under a bit of his chest!”

Ms. Strumpitz declined to make any comment when she emerged from the Watch-house shortly afterwards. Sgt. Colon confirmed that she had been ‘most helpful on certain matters’ and was not a suspect for any crime relating to Constable Dorfl’s murder or the other killings at the Dysk this week. Ms. Strumpitz and her employer having both been questioned over the other killings at the theatre have now been given permission to leave the city for Badass in the Ramtops, where rehearsals are about to start for ‘a daring and spectacular’ adaptation of A Wintersmith’s Tale by Hwel (Vitoller Repertory Company).

In a separate incident the Watch, just after Constable Dorfl met his grisly end, took Mr. Mortimer Postlethwaite, the financial backer of the TWONKEY! production, into custody over ‘loan irregularities’. So far the Watch are saying nothing about any links with this enquiry and the murders at the Dysk, but the appearance of fellow Zombie Mr. Slant seen entering Pseudopolis Yard as our reporter was talking to Mr. Dibbler seems to confirm the severity of the situation. Mr Postlethwaite was taken into custody not far Mr. Dibbler’s abode…

The Times will continue to bring you updates of the enquiry as details emerge.

OO-ER!
Those dastardly theatrical types have got off free as air! Commiserations to Crysania and a big dollop of glue for Sjoerd – perhaps Dorfl can be put back together?

Very well played everyone!
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohcarrot » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:58 pm

And to really make you vomit!

”where rehearsals are about to start for ‘a daring and spectacular’
adaptation of A Wintersmith’s Tale by Hwel (Vitoller Repertory Company).”

http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/wyxGMN3QsQdOV7E5
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:13 pm

*passes the sick bucket to Sjoerd*

That is so wrong it's really, really right pooh :lol:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Dotsie » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:01 am

Yay, we got 'em all! :twisted: How come the only time anyone thinks I'm innocent, I'm the killer? Pooh's theory about Sjoerd is bang on the money :lol:

poohcarrot wrote:But throughout the history of these games, Sjoerd is always, without exception, completely and utterly wrong about every accusation he has ever made.
Dotsie

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:30 pm

I´m really, really useless at this game but it has been fun :lol: and Pooh´s cardtricks were pretty amazing :wink:

Next time when I think someone is guildty I know he/she will be innocent :wink:

:lol:
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby poohcarrot » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:45 pm

I reckon that Sjoerd plays this game exactly like he skis.

http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/NBhTimPRezVn1q4c
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:54 pm

Well actually my skiing is a bit better :lol:
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:48 pm

Great music.
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Previous

Return to Games