Lets Cast - 'Guards! Guards!'

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Kladivo » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:52 pm

Sjoerd3000 wrote:Alan Rickman would be better as Vetinari :D

Nah... There needs to be something so inhumane about him that almost inhuman. And skinny. Vetinari definitely is skinny. I know it's oldskul, but Christopher Lambert's got good eyes for Vetinari. Isaacs's good but only works with snow white hair :P

What about Peter Weller? He's right age now. Agent Smith of Rivendell?

David Bowie :?:
Duvvelsheyss!
Kladivo

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:34 am

Kladivo wrote:What about Peter Weller? He's the right age now. Agent Smith of Rivendell?

David Bowie :?:

I think you mean Hugo Weaving don't you Kladivo? He was Agent Smith and Elrond (believe me I know this as my main writing partner is totally nuts about him :lol: ) He's certainly excellent in political assassin roles (V for Vendetta) so it's a good match but I'm not absolutely certain if he's physically right as I think he's not too tall :twisted:

David Bowie - tempting but he's too quirky I think. Maybe for the Horned Man? Although again there I'm seeing Tim Curry as he loves the ham (Legend remember?) :lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Kladivo » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:56 am

Jan Van Quirm wrote:
Kladivo wrote:What about Peter Weller? He's the right age now. Agent Smith of Rivendell?

I think you mean Hugo Weaving don't you Kladivo?

They were supposed to be two separate candidates, sorry, I didn't make it clear enough :)
And Hugo as V is not a great recommendation, after all he's not done so much acting, as miming there :)
Duvvelsheyss!
Kladivo

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:03 pm

It wasn't the talking parts I was thinking of there with V :wink:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby chris.ph » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:10 pm

i loved the v speech in v for vendetta absolutely brilliant :D
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Dandelion » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:23 pm

I have to admit, that ever since I've seen Blackadder II, I imagined Vetinari to bear an awful resemblance to how Rowan Atkinson looked in that role.

And Stephen Fry - Lord Melchett in Blackadder II - would be my Archchancellor Ridcully.

If there ever has to be done a casting for Nanny Ogg one shouldn't need to look further than to Patsy Byrne - Nursie in Blackadder II.

I also deem the humor in Blackadder II (especially the first szenes..) quite... Pterryesque...

"So young man, you got yourself a job.. what do they call You?" - "Kate." - "Kate? Isn't that a bit of a.. girls name?" - "Oh.. it's uhm.. short for... Bob"
Fabricati Diem, Pvnk!
Dandelion

Postby Soong » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:26 pm

Dandelion wrote:I have to admit, that ever since I've seen Blackadder II, I imagined Vetinari to bear an awful resemblance to how Rowan Atkinson looked in that role.

Genius :)
Soong

Postby chris.ph » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:30 pm

welcome to the site soong :)
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Cheery » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:30 pm

Welcome Soong!
Cheery

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:49 pm

And welcome from me too! :D
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Yes! We're all individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby Dotsie » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:59 pm

Welcome Soong - go on, give us another word! :D
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby chris.ph » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:08 pm

Watchman44 wrote:Rob Terry in action....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJJwx1O5HsI
He's almost got the costume already :lol:

if you read this a while ago you will know i used to train with this jammy git, he is now part of the tna's british invasion and doing very well the git :lol: :evil: :lol:
chris.ph

Carrot

Postby Zee Zee » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:52 pm

Suddenly realised I had seen Carrot on TV last night, or the actor that could play him, reasonably well known in the U.S. & Canada but not not so much here. The Canadian Actor Micheal Shanks who is best know as Dr. Danial Jackson in the Series Stargate SG1. quite a versatile Actor who although tends to play academics and nerds is tall and built like a brick youknowhat house. Veternari I would really want Alan Rickman. For Vimes, Colon & Nobby you could not go far wrong with the e characters from Life on Mars Gene Hunt (Phillip Glenister0 ,his 2 sidekicks Ray(Dean Andrews) and Chirs (Marshall Lancaster)
Will somebody get all the Tribbles of the bridge
Zee Zee

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:01 pm

Hi Zee Zee, welcome to the site. :)
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Yes! We're all individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby Cheery » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:17 pm

Hi Zee zee! I really like your choice for Nobby. He would be brilliant!
Cheery

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre