TWONKEY! Sign-ups & what do I do?

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:47 pm

OK Dotsie's mentioned voting for no shows in the main thread and as this was partly the cause for the disintegration of the last game, I'm putting people on notice about a test policy for early closure of the day (or night) phases in the this game.

If all posting players have voted at least once then I will ask (in this thread with a flag to read it like I've done today) after the 4th day - so e.g. 11.pm GMT Tuesday night (tomorrow) if everyone has finished voting. If at that deadline any players who have not posted in the thread at all and are known to be posting elsewhere on the forum

I will count them as abstaining from voting in this round and I'll close the day phase early, subject to people confirming they've finished voting

If the no show(s) do this a second time I will make a 'thread-runner kill' in addition to the lynch vote and the night phase kill(s).

The player 'killed' can start posting as a gawper if they want, but that is the status they will have from that point and so their posts will have no effect in the game. If we have anybody else wanting to play then they will be offered the place if it's not been eliminated.

I think this is fair in view of the frustrations we've had with no shows previously, but pipe up if you don't agree and we'll discuss it a little more but be quick about it please.

Therefore I'm putting you all on notice that provided all of you posting players have placed at least 1 formal vote to lynch someone on the main thread by 10am GMT (London) Weds 20th Jan I will accept no further votes at that point and will close the day phase.

Morty - not sure if your suspicion falling on DJ is a formal vote, but you have about 40 hrs to confirm this/vote at least once now. :wink:

Bikkit - if you're looking in, you still have a chance to vote in this day phase, but will lose it in about 40 hours time if you don't post in the main thread by the deadline shown above in red... :?
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Dotsie » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:45 pm

Is it morning yet? Am I dead? I feel like I might be dead :( Maybe that's just because it's January though & I don't perk up til March :wink:

Maybe I should keep quiet in case no-one's dead yet... keep my head down so Sjoerd doesn't murder me :shock:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:17 pm

Well, we're waiting on some final responses that might prove crucial which is possibly why you're feeling a little grotty maybe? :P

So, although we're getting near to the deadline, it looks like it may be extended depending on whether I can bludg... nudge those concerned to PM me
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:34 pm

I'm innocent :( Trust me if you want to live :twisted:
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Doughnut Jimmy » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:01 pm

Tell us who you're waiting for Jan and we'll set the A-Team on them. :lol:
"when the gods made sheep they must've left their brains in their other coat"
Doughnut Jimmy

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:39 pm

No can do DJ - that would literally be giving the game away and compromising some of the secret roles... :shock:

and panic's over anyway as I've got all the decisions in and so *drumroll* the results of the night phase will be announced in the morning edition of the Times by midnight tonight (Roundworld GMT) :lol:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohcarrot » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:39 pm

So in other words, either Morty or Crys has a role. :shock:

That ties in very well with my theory that I'm going to explode with very shortly. :twisted:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby poohcarrot » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:43 pm

...unless I'm dead. But even if I am dead I can still make comments and say "It was him wot done it", can't I? :?
poohcarrot

Postby poohcarrot » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:00 am

...or unless the person I'm about to accuse is dead, coz then it'd be a pretty crap theory. :(
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:07 am

You're quite capable of gawping as a ghost I'm sure pooh :twisted: - but as you can see now you can't do that quite yet... :wink:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohcarrot » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:32 am

But can a gawper make accusations? I think they can, but I'm not sure.
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:40 am

Fuss fuss fuss! :roll: Gawpers can't vote or get lynched/killed as they aren't playing officially. You can express what opinions you wish - whether anyone takes any notice of you is another matter :twisted:

and for reference for everyone on your Day #2 opening shot - 1 - 6 are fairly impressive reasoning Pooh. No. 7 I have no comment to make except what makes you so sure I was waiting on just 1 person? Did I say that...? :lol:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohcarrot » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:56 am

So BOTH Morty and Crys could have roles? :lol:
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:03 pm

There you go - making assumptions when you have a choice of 3 people :roll:

Have fun finding the 'lady' :twisted:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:59 pm

:oops: Sorry Morty I never should have doubted you :wink: Can I order a humble pie in the cafe? :oops:
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

PreviousNext

Return to Games