Elizabeth Moon

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Elizabeth Moon

Postby Doughnut Jimmy » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:48 pm

Since I can't see this topic on here already I thought I'd start it:

Has anyone else read any of her work and what do you think?

For those who haven't come across her there's a fantasy series called The Deed of Paksenarrion with a tough minded heroine (well most of the time)

also a couple of science fiction series with refreshingly different characters and "universes" and some very entertaining anachronisms :D
"when the gods made sheep they must've left their brains in their other coat"
Doughnut Jimmy

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:42 pm

I don't know her, but since I'm taking notes on what I'll go searching as soon as I can afford to buy a new book, can you tell me what is the first book of the Paksenarrion series and maybe something about it to help me understand if it's the kind of book I'll like?
:D
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Doughnut Jimmy » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:04 pm

I certainly can Crysania 1st book is "Sheepfarmer's Daughter" its about a girl who runs off to become a mercenary, story covers lots of battles, travel to different parts of world, evil etc - fairly typical fantasy starting point but well written and entertaining

if you want more details just ask :)
Doughnut Jimmy

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:12 am

Doughnut Jimmy wrote:I certainly can Crysania 1st book is "Sheepfarmer's Daughter" its about a girl who runs off to become a mercenary, story covers lots of battles, travel to different parts of world, evil etc - fairly typical fantasy starting point but well written and entertaining

if you want more details just ask :)

Just a little thing, since you're so nice :P : with "typical fantasy" you mean there's good-bad magic involved, imaginary worlds, different races kind of thing?
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Doughnut Jimmy » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:20 pm

crysania wrote wrote:you mean there's good-bad magic involved, imaginary worlds, different races kind of thing?

thats all pretty much true (what I was actually thinking was that a young person running away from home to explore the world is a fairly typical start to a fantasy adventure but clearly there were subtle undertones to my words I hadn't noticed) :lol:

ps I'm not very nice I just like talking about books :lol: :lol:
Doughnut Jimmy

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:28 pm

Doughnut Jimmy wrote:ps I'm not very nice I just like talking about books :lol: :lol:

If you say so :lol: who am I to contradict you :lol:
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Vena Ravenhaired » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:43 pm

I haven't read any of her solo books, but she did write for awhile with Anne McCaffrey.

Cheers, Vena
I wish I was a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum, How can you be unhappy when the sun shines out yer bum?
Vena Ravenhaired

Return to Non-Discworld books