TWONKEY! A dramatic whodunnit in up to 3 acts

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

TWONKEY! A dramatic whodunnit in up to 3 acts

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:50 pm

The Dysk, the famous theatre in Ankh-Morpork is currently presenting a seasonal Hogswatch burlesque comedy, based on the Tale of Ali-djin and his Laundry. The repertory company have taken on some jobbing actors to play some of the main roles, little knowing that the mysterious, nameless Agatean actor, who is playing the lead Villain's role of Azabananana, is in fact a professional hitman here with more than learning his lines on his mind...

With glowing reviews from the Ankh-Morpork Times’ critic on opening night, the cast and crew went to bed with happy hearts and high spirits but as they arrive at the Dysk to get ready for the matinee performance a grisly sight meets the stage manager as he checks the stage – the star of the show Cuthbert Bumble, a renowned female impersonator playing Widow Twonkey is found in the flies very dead indeed – his elaborate Agatean wedding wig shredded and partially stuffed down his throat…

The Disc’s sun slowly rises on Day 1 of the hunt as news of the first killing spreads and speculation is rife amongst the citizenry as to who is responsible for this heinous crime – and who might be the next unfortunate victim. Master Bumble’s understudy is starting to look very nervous indeed…

Suspicion and anxiety falls particularly upon
Sjoerd
Bikkit
Crysania
Dotsie
poohcarrot
Morty
Doughnut Jimmy

Additional Clues and Characters (if any are deceased or otherwise disincarnate assume this all happened prior to that!)

Azabananana ~ (can escape blocking or ‘protection’) an anonymous Agatean (non-AM guild) assassin who poses as a jobbing ‘actor’ as a cover for his various contracts. He is currently appearing at the Dysk in one of the main roles. His real name is unknown to everyone except…

Wardrobe Wanda ~ his dresser and lover. Also his ‘booker’. She cannot kill, but does misdirect anyone likely to interfere with her man’s hits by ‘entertaining’ them all night so blocking their role if they have one.

As usual this contract arrangement works as a team (so are known to each other and nominate one victim per night together) but only Azabananana makes the kill, so if he is caught the townies will win.

The Watcher ~ Dorfl may choose one surveillance target per night and watches their lodgings to see who visits them. Thus he knows who’s being targeted by whom (if anyone), but not why… or where else his target might have been that night...

Jack of All Trades ~ Mr. 'Cut my own throat Dibbler' has various one shot night phase abilities. The snag is he can only use each ability once and only one ability per night phase. He may protect someone; investigate their guilt or innocence; or block their ability if they have one; and finally he may make a vigilante killing. He may target the same person more than once but not on consecutive nights.

THE RULES
1. No arguing with the Narrator in the main thread. All queries, post mortems or requests for elaboration to be done in the What do I do Now? support thread or by PM if it’s something you cannot discuss in public.

2. When formally voting for someone to be lynched please make this crystal clear as in
“I vote for Mr/Ms X to be lynched” - or use block capitals etc etc.
Do the same sort of thing if you change you mind and want to vote for someone else or to abstain/withdraw your vote - remember you can vote up to 3 times if you need to change your mind during each day phase.

3. If the Narrator tells you that you have a secret role make sure you never reveal your true role to anyone (unless you’re a killer in which case you will know who you’re working with) unless the Narrator says you can – else you’ll end lynched much quicker…

4. Try not to get too upset with what happens once the killings start - it’s a fun game to play so keep it light-hearted. If you do get eliminated you can still take part as a Gawper!

5. Gawpers you may post during the Day Phases, but you may not vote for anyone

6. No posting by anyone in the main thread during a night phase – Gawpers this means you too!

NEW - 7. The content of PM conversations other than to reveal the identity of murder and lynch victims should never be publicly disclosed, unless the player has a secret role and needs to substantiate their thread activity for some reason. The Narrator is subject to this rule as well as the players and must not reveal the outcomes of non-lethal night phase choices and activities.

Day phases: These last up to 7 real time days to allow all the players time to post and to vote for a lynch victum. If everyone has voted early then the Narrator may close the voting early and announce the start of the…

Night phase: These will generally last up to 48 hours to allow all 4 special roles to PM the Narrator with their decisions.

You have been warned! Please abide by the Narrator’s guidance in the main and support threads.

Further information on gameplay is available HERE in the What do I do Now? support thread where you can post if you need to do so away from the game thread

Click here to PM Jan
Last edited by Jan Van Quirm on Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:58 pm

Day Phase #1 has commenced - secret roles will be PMed to the relevant players (randomly selected) in the next hour.

This phase will close on Friday 22 January at 11pm GMT (London time) unless concluded earlier if all players have finished voting. I'll announce closure and open the night phase in this thread only.
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohcarrot » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:54 pm

As it started while I was online, it seems silly not to make a comment.

So, Sjoerd and Bikkit look the most suspicious to me. :D
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:36 am

poohcarrot wrote:So, Sjoerd and Bikkit look the most suspicious to me. :D

Because they are the first two on the list? :lol:
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Doughnut Jimmy » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:51 am

I find Poohcarrot's immediate attempt to direct our attention ot someone else very suspicious!
"when the gods made sheep they must've left their brains in their other coat"
Doughnut Jimmy

Postby Dotsie » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:54 am

He always does that :lol: It would be more suspicious if he didn't!
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:29 pm

I don't think Morty and Doughnut Jimmy have a special role since they are new to this game. So Bikkit , Crysania, Dotsie and pooh look most suspicious to me :wink: I could be wrong however so Morty and Doughnut Jimmy look actually suspicious to me too :P
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:03 pm

Just to re-iterate the draw for the special roles in this was completely random - inexperience does not rule out selection although special practical circumstances (such as not being able to get online) may be taken into account in which case re-selections may be made at the Narrator's discretion. :P

First day phase folks - assume nothing as this round is a free for all where for most of you the only person's innocence you can be sure of is your own - or not as the case may be... :twisted:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohcarrot » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:43 pm

The thing is, because JD and Morty are newbies, I don't want to vote for them. I would like them to at least survive one round.

Therefore the killers are either (in alphabetical order)

Bikkit
Crys
Dotsie
Sjoerd

Therefore the killers are Sjoerd and Bikkit like I first said. Therefore
I VOTE FOR BIKKIT
poohcarrot

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:43 pm

I agree mostly with pooh (apart from me being a killer obviously :wink: )

Therefore I vote for Dotsie

(vote is subject to change :P )
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:07 pm

I share the sentiment to let Morty and Jimmy survive the first day, so...
Sjoerd, Bikkit, Dotsie, Poohcarrot...

My first voteis for bikkit.
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Doughnut Jimmy » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:07 pm

I don't know I think Bikkit's Avatar looks a bit like Dorfl ...

so I'll vote for Sjoerd
Doughnut Jimmy

Postby poohcarrot » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:46 pm

Is nobody going to vote for me? :cry:

I feel unloved. :(

BTW if Morty doesn't post anything, I'm going to vote for him. :twisted:
poohcarrot

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:27 am

Doughnut Jimmy wrote:I don't know I think Bikkit's Avatar looks a bit like Dorfl ...

so I'll vote for Sjoerd

My avatar looks a lot more like Dorfl :wink:
:lol:
Sjoerd3000

Postby Doughnut Jimmy » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:34 am

Sjoerd wrote wrote:My avatar looks a lot more like Dorfl

That's just cheating :roll:
Doughnut Jimmy

Next

Return to Games