TWONKEY! Sign-ups & what do I do?

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:51 pm

Bumps in case any of our new members like playing Mafia/Assassin?

If not then I'll see if I can persuade one of my Worlds mates to come over here and play or we can go the Narrator as 'spare'part absent player route
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Doughnut Jimmy » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:46 pm

I'll play - I think I understand how it works :)
"when the gods made sheep they must've left their brains in their other coat"
Doughnut Jimmy

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:43 pm

Yo! :lol: Well done that man!

Tt's not at all difficult to play Jimmy and we'll have you up to full member point-wise in no time the way the first round generally gets played on here :wink:

Guys - I'll give this another 24 hours as we're up to the magic number now and then we can start around midday (GMT/London time) on Friday if that OK for everyone? :D

You can still join in by 'gawping' if you're too late for the close of sign-ups on a no vote or role participation basis (so you can only post comment and no voting, getting killed or lynched) :P
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Morty » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:57 pm

I’m getting a tad nervous about Friday night.......If my Mum writes a letter saying I have to wash my hair can I be excused........ :oops: :oops: :oops:

I don’t know how to play and I feel like I’m on the top diving board and no one’s told me how to dive :cry: :cry: :cry:

Exit’s stage left...... to practise writing like his Mum.......... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Morty

Postby Doughnut Jimmy » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:09 pm

If my Mum writes a letter saying I have to wash my hair can I be excused........

Nooo Morty don't desert me with these scary experienced players, we'll be completely confused together it'll be fine :? really
Doughnut Jimmy

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:17 pm

Oh please stay Morty - it's really good fun and not too difficult once you get started. It's a game of elimination rather than whodunnit and some of the players will be undercover cops and of course the killers are quiet about their IDs, so everyone on the face of it plays themselves and tries to find out which of the others are concealing a killing habit :P

If you and/or Doughnut Jimmy did get a secret role then I can help you along with 'tactics' on PM and you can ask questions off thread that way as well, but basically you can tell as many fibs as you like to fool everyone you're not a killer or sneak around gathering evidence if you're a cop :wink: Killers also know who their partners are and that's a help too (unless you get pooh of course... :wink: )

This thread runs alongside the game and you can ask non-incriminating questions on general gameplay in here :D

If you're really worried then have a look GUILDTY! the Ankh-Morpork Whodunnit Game or WEREWOLF! The Uberwald whodunnit game threads which'll give you a good idea of how easy and silly it is to post in this :lol:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Morty » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:18 pm

Doughnut Jimmy wrote:
If my Mum writes a letter saying I have to wash my hair can I be excused........

Nooo Morty don't desert me with these scary experienced players, we'll be completely confused together it'll be fine :? really

Ok Jimmy it'll be my pleasure to be totally confused with you tomorrow and I'll leave my hair alone.....it doesn't take that long to wash one hair anyway :lol: :lol: :lol:
Morty

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:35 pm

I'm glad you're staying Morty, and I've glad you decided to join us Jimmy!!!
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Morty » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:12 pm

CrysaniaMajere wrote:I'm glad you're staying Morty, and I've glad you decided to join us Jimmy!!!

I didn't know you were playing Crysania.......I now have no choice in the matter do I. You will gang up with Jan and you two are no match for a weak old fella like me..... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Ok I'll be here tomorrow on the top of the diving board in me Spandex......Just don't push me in at the deep end....I might have got the wrong size trunks and I don't want to bob up to the surface as only me Mum has seen me .... :oops: :oops: :oops:
Morty

Postby Doughnut Jimmy » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:08 pm

I'm confused already and the game hasn't even started - I'm sure Jan mentioned a theatre at the beginning and now Morty's talking about diving competitions :shock:
Doughnut Jimmy

Postby Morty » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:22 pm

Doughnut Jimmy wrote:I'm confused already and the game hasn't even started - I'm sure Jan mentioned a theatre at the beginning and now Morty's talking about diving competitions :shock:

You just have to ignore me Jimmy (Everyone else does) :lol:

I have a habit of going off topic it's well known on the forum and you'll get used to it.

So I'll start off and my favourite single of all time is My Sweet Lord by George Harrison.

Oh My Sweet God Jan is going to kill me for this.....I was only illustrating a point to a new member Jan honestly and my favorite single isn't My Sweet Lord its.....OK OK I'm going.......Exit Stage Left.......

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Morty

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:10 pm

Don´t worry Morty I´m here to protect you :D (or not of course you never know :twisted: )
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:24 pm

:lol: *studiously ignores Mortimer 'Goldfish' Postlethwaite's cries for attention*

For the record I'm not a player in this one - I'm the narrator and therefore impartial and will be even-handed with my assistance or cautionary cuffs - you'll only get the latter Morty if you're a very bad boy indeed... :twisted: :wink:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Morty » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:46 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote::lol: *studiously ignores Mortimer 'Goldfish' Postlethwaite's cries for attention*

For the record I'm not a player in this one - I'm the narrator and therefore impartial and will be even-handed with my assistance or cautionary cuffs - you'll only get the latter Morty if you're a very bad boy indeed... :twisted: :wink:

Sorry Miss :cry:

I'll be on my best behaviour I promise.
Morty

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:11 am

:lol: It'd be very interesting to see you on your best behaviour Morty :P

OK guys - all PMs have been sent out to the secret rolers and I see pooh's already in there flexing speculatively so get in there and start defending youselves :wink:
Jan Van Quirm

PreviousNext

Return to Games