The Unadulterated Cat

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Penfold » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:03 pm

This is one of my favourite non-discworld books and one that never gets returned after I've lent it out! Anyway, here are a selection of Real Cats for you to enjoy. (Any cats 'following the script' from the book is purely coincidental - I think)
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Len Brook Photography
Penfold

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:51 pm

VesuvianRuin wrote:I've never been able to get a copy but i suppose being a dog-person I haven't really tried even though it's a PTerry.

I'm more a fan of the fabulous Gaspode The Wonder Dog!

£5.99 on Play.com

Just ordered it!! :lol:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:05 pm

Penfold wrote:This is one of my favourite non-discworld books and one that never gets returned after I've lent it out! Anyway, here are a selection of Real Cats for you to enjoy. (Any cats 'following the script' from the book is purely coincidental - I think)
Some really good clips there! :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:22 pm

Very! :lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:44 am

I love the one of the cat chasing the bear. :lol:
Tonyblack

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:47 pm

Tonyblack wrote:I love the one of the cat chasing the bear. :lol:

Me too :lol: :lol: all the other cats too, they are amazing :lol: (poor little babies, in the paws of those cats.. :? )
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:41 pm

We have a truly Unadulterated Cat on our farm. Her name is Tigerlily, after the indian princess in Peter Pan. She is the Undisputed Queen of the farm and paintball field. She has survived fights where almost 1/4 of her fur has been ripped off by vicious racoons. If you think racoons are cute, then you have Not met a Real Country Racoon. She IS the Female version of Greebo. She used to have 4 to 5 successful litters of 4 to 6 kittens each year, who would ALL survive, which is not normal with barn cats.

We got her fixed after we wound up with 27 cats outside. It was unreal. We take good care of them, they have a heated "cathouse" all winter, a Heated water dish, and plenty of food. 27 was tooooo many.

Now she moves from the house ... her Winter home ... to the paintball field as soon as spring is in the air. She is a Huntress bar none. If and when she walks to the tall grass, you can bet that within two or three minutes later, there will be something in her jaws on the way back. If there were a bear... She would take it on. She is as Wicked as a badger, and she LOVES baby animals. She was limping once, and the paintballers felt sorry for her, I told them not to be, it was a sign that a Momma bird found her at the nest!!! It helps to keep the mice down in the winter and rabbits under control in the summer lol. Greebette should be her name.
Last edited by Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit on Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:42 pm

I'm more of a dog person, but I adore ickle kitties, and there's an amazing amount of videos on YouTube.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:52 pm

Terry says it perfectly in Wintersmith, "Kittens look at everything with wide-eyed amazement". I love the little white kitten Meep, the way she figured out how to make the cornucopia pop out chickens was hilarious!!! Kittens are absolutely adorable, and we always have a crop of them each year, so I know how much fun they can be.

It is neat when the non-feral ones have them near the porch where I can befriend them early. Sometimes the mommas bring them over to me when I am outside to introduce them to me. This is when they are ready to mate again usually lol... I suppose that makes me the surrogate mom, until they grow up. :lol:
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

The Unadulterated Cat

Postby kiwi_vitis » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:22 pm

I liked the book but my cat Claude threw up a hairball on it. Tough critic!
kiwi_vitis

Re: The Unadulterated Cat

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:24 pm

kiwi_vitis wrote:I liked the book but my cat Claude threw up a hairball on it. Tough critic!

Welcome to the site kiwi_vitis!
Tonyblack

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:27 pm

Welcome from me too :D
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Penfold » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:40 pm

Hello and welcome from me too :D
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Len Brook Photography
Penfold

Postby chris.ph » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:07 pm

and me :)
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:46 pm

Just taken deliveryof Carpet People, Strata and Dark Side of the Moon.

Which should I read first?

Bouncy Castle

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Discworld books