TWONKEY! Sign-ups & what do I do?

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

TWONKEY! Sign-ups & what do I do?

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:52 pm

This one still has 2 cops who have to hunt down a killing team of 2 people. The 'powers' the cops and the killers have this time have been varied as we're getting to be so good at this. :wink:

The action is based around the Dysk, the famous theatre in Ankh-Morpork which is currently presenting a seasonal Hogswatch burlesque comedy, namely The Tale of Ali-djin and his Laundry. The repertory company have taken on some jobbing actors to play some of the main roles, little knowing that the mysterious, nameless Agatean actor, who is playing the lead Villain's role of Azabananana, is in fact a professional hitman here with more than learning his lines on his mind...
And our cast of secret roles are:-

Azabananana ~ (can escape blocking or protection) an anonymous Agatean (non-AM guild) assassin who poses as a jobbing ‘actor’ as a cover for his various contracts. He is currently appearing at the Dysk in one of the main roles. His real name is unknown to everyone except…

Wardrobe Wanda ~ his seamstress dresser and lover. Also his ‘booker’. She does not kill, but does misdirect anyone likely to interfere with her man’s hits by ‘entertaining’ them all night, so blocking their role if they have one.

As usual this contract arrangement works as a team (so are known to each other and nominate one victim per night together) but only Azabananana makes the kill, so if he is caught the townies will win.

The Watcher ~ Dorfl may choose one surveillance target per night and watches their lodgings to see who visits them. Thus he knows who’s being targeted by whom (if anyone), but not why… or where else his target might have been that night...

Jack of All Trades ~ Mr. 'Cut my own throat Dibbler' has various one shot night phase abilities. The snag is he can only use each ability once and only one ability per night phase. He may protect someone; investigate their guilt or innocence; or block their ability if they have one; and finally he may make a vigilante killing. He may target the same person more than once but not on consecutive nights.

So limitations and additional skills all around for those who have undercover roles. :twisted:

As before those people with secret roles will contact the Narrator (me) with their choices at the start the night phase and I will post who does/does not survive the next day. The outcomes of the non-terminal activities will NOT be disclosed except to the secret roles and they may of course make use of those in private or on the threads as needed.

The day phases will once again be for general vote off elimination which will end in a lynch this time. The Narrator will state the minimum and maximum deadlines for both day and night phases as these begin and will extend accordingly to allow all players concerned to vote or make choices within the duration stated.

Gawping is allowed but no vote or kill target status will apply. It is in the discretion of the Narrator to re-assign no-show playing places should someone else arrive late and wish to participate.

And now - let the audience gather... 8)
Last edited by Jan Van Quirm on Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohcarrot » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:50 am

Jan
If you are starting this one on your own forum too soon, why doesn't everyone who wants to play go and join the game on your forum then there'd be loads of plyers?
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby bikkit » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:33 am

yeah, but what's the age limit for jan's foums (may be too young to join)

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:49 am

She can do it here AND on her forum, why not? If at the start there's a different sorting of roles, they become like two different games in all and all. :D
CrysaniaMajere

Postby poohcarrot » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:12 am

There's only an age limit on Jan's forum for the raunchy stuff. :D

OK, when 6 players have joined up I'll join.
poohcarrot

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:10 am

I´ll play :D
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby bikkit » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:20 am

I'm joining

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:23 am

Of course I'm joining too!!!!
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Dotsie » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:49 pm

OK I'll play too.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:28 pm

Pooh - I was going to suggest that, but TBH Crys, Lady V and tl were amongst those wanting to play and still there weren't enough available people over the road and now some are away on hols etc. We can do something else another time on there when there are more people around (we need a game for one of the new solo world forums to get things moving with that anyway).

Bikkit et al - the vast part of the site is 'family-friendly' (PG12 - you have to be 13 or over to register without parental permission anyway) and so these games are open to all memebers on there, although we could do an 18+ one, but it's liable to get a bit revolting in a macabre way than a spicy one I think! :lol:

How are we doing player-wise so far? We need 2 more + pooh? I'll see if I can poke Lady V back on - if anyone spots thelibrarian can you give her a nudge as well please :wink: .
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:46 am

Spoke to Lady V last night. She has flu symptoms on top of her other long-term ailments (despite having normal and swine flu vaccination) and other family/friend upsets to deal with so she won't be back online until at least mid-Jan. She says hi to everyone anyway and hopes you're all having a good holiday :)

*goes off to tempt Morty in here...* :twisted:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby thelibrarian » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:24 pm

I'm afraid I'm too busy on roundworld to be able play this one either, sorry.
thelibrarian

Postby Morty » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:26 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:
*goes off to tempt Morty in here...* :twisted:

Jan how can a mere mortal and a weak and defenceless male mortal at that possibly resist your irresistible charms. Like all men on this forum I’m but putty in your hands :oops:

I haven’t got a clue how to play, no idea what to do and worried to death about making a complete fool of myself. However as the aforementioned frailties are crosses I bear in most aspects of my life you talked me into signing up you sweet talking Lady you :oops: :oops:

The Artist formerly known as Mortimer reporting for duty.

I think it was Pooh in the Library with the Banana skin.......Am I anywhere near close to getting the hang of this game :lol: :lol: :lol:
Morty

Postby poohcarrot » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:19 pm

Bingo! You've got the idea. :lol:

You run around like an idiot accusing everyone, then someone says something stupid and you've got 'em. :lol:
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:09 pm

What pooh said yeah :lol:

Sorry I was out for a longish time but Roundworld priorities called so I've not long got back from mum's. So we have 6 people now...

:twisted: Can we perhaps Shang'hai Quark or Ponder do you think? 8) :lol: Feel free to join in anybody :wink:
Jan Van Quirm

Next

Return to Games