ELF! what do i do now

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:34 pm

Pooh - If Dotsie had been an elf then yeah you would have been dead meat as Sjoerd of course had an axe to grind (or that was the way you saw it anyway). :lol:

You are developing a number of tells the greatest one of which is to interpret other people's voting patterns in the same way you would place yours - just because the elves vote for you in the 1st round, doesn't mean they're elves any more than you were. Unless you have been PMing Crys since the 2nd day (and if she was about to read them) you were taking a huge gamble on which way Crys would jump. The logical votes for innocents were always Crys and Bikkit. You may have seen Bikkit's mistake as a godsend, but in an innocent's eyes (or eflie Crys' eye if she had been one), you were a total prat revealing yourself and worse for using all your votes on what amounted to a hunch. Anyway this is all moot as we don't yet know how Crys would have acted, but unless you'd already started chipping away at her earlier on we probably won't know now. If I had been the one protected on night 1 and an innocent I would have been totally at a loss as to why you were being so lippy about getting rid of two people you suspected when you could have just voted for one and blocked the other anyway without breaking cover. Doing it that way we wouldn't have turned on you and probably (given the circs) have ended up both voting for Bikkit anyway as we knew Crys was no threat to us at all. It was Bikkit or you who were the marks all along in the 2nd phases. Now it's too late of course and, if Crys was impressed by the histrionics, :roll: you actually got your result the hard way by being totally reckless and illogical - but only if Crys trusted you enough. :lol :roll:

Bikkit - yes another game if people want it. I made this following suggestion before we got in post mortem mode so you may have missed it -

Jan Van Quirm wrote:If in another few days anyone wants another game I'll happily run it again. I have one already prepped over on Worlds (a pantomime theme not Discworld), but not enough players and, as some of those who have signed up are also on here, we could get that going over here easily enough. Or we can do a Discworld one again :D
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:50 am

Wait a minute :shock: , you mean it's all over???? how did it end, that the elves got bored and decided we weren't fun enough to kill?? no one win no one lose? THAT'S NOT FAIR!! Well, it's fine I didn't lose, but this time I could have actually win for the first time!! And you know that means something, because in these games I'm usually wandering about absolutely clueless :lol:
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:26 am

Something like that Crys. :lol: :oops: This is what happened since you were last here....

I think you were in when Bikkit had mentioned you were protected in the night round so Pooh revealed he was Jason to prove you could trust but did it such a way that Elves had a nice little play around trying to make you not trust him because he'd also used up all his votes straight away on me but then Dotsie came in on Xmas day and said the Jason wasn't the protector cop and that she was and why hadn't we waited for her to vote in the first day round.

I got upset at that point because there'd been to much confusion going on in the game as of course Jason/Pooh was the protector and I was also feeling pretty wiped out by everything going on here in my part of Roundworld so I declared a truce in a PM to pooh and we agreed to take a draw and abandon the game. This all blew up on Xmas day so it did go on a little into Dec 26th as you, Sjoerd and Bikkit weren't around and Pooh was still politicking a bit, trying to get Sjoerd to use his last vote on Bikkit (which he was going to do anyway). So Sjoerd keot to the plan and asked you to join him as pooh and I were being so confusing in argument and counter-argument and that was the point at which I couldn't take anymore because I had too much on my plate in real life with my housemate coming out of hospital (nothing too bad - he broke his ankle but he's being a real pain) so I revealed myself as Queen and Pooh closed the game down. :P

If you read from Tony's post in here that's more or less how it went aside from Pooh and I having a last little spat - you in fact were the most powerful player in the game for the entire 2nd day phase as I was keeping to the logic path on the basis that we now knew you were protected but not who Jason was and so wanted to eliminate Bikkit and then you to win the game but then Pooh decided to reveal his ID and just bust the game wide open and so by dint of yelling his head off pooh nearly won it for you both on the assumption that you would side with him... :D

Would be nice to know whose gameplan would have appealed to you most - the Elves 'mercifully' sparing you (for a while) or Pooh going on the attack and leaving you fairly exposed - my arguments were based on my appearing innocent and you possibly being an elf and blocked in the night phase, which was the logic path if no phychic assumptions were being made by a Jason who could have stayed quiet about his ID and still got you on side so I'll leave pooh to explain that tack as in the end it boiled down to whose analysis you preferred... I said his were bad but only if Sjoerd and I'd been innocent, so I was taking the risk of being voted out which is why pooh and I voted for each other and Sjoerd tried to convince you he was neutral by going after Bikkit to break that stalemate and leave all the actives in for the night phase. :lol:

If people want another game I'll run it and could bring the game I was planning on Dreamworlds over here as we have enough people around on here to run it :wink:
Last edited by Jan Van Quirm on Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:46 am

Time for me to go to lunch, just the time to say I'm in for any game here or on the other site. I probably won't win :lol: but I like to take part :D
After lunch I'll come back!! (Hope the housemate is doing better :) )bye
CrysaniaMajere

Postby poohcarrot » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:59 pm

CrysaniaMajere wrote:Wait a minute :shock: , you mean it's all over???? how did it end, that the elves got bored and decided we weren't fun enough to kill?? no one win no one lose? THAT'S NOT FAIR!! Well, it's fine I didn't lose, but this time I could have actually win for the first time!! And you know that means something, because in these games I'm usually wandering about absolutely clueless :lol:

Crys

We ended because it's only a game. There are more important things in like than games. If you would have voted with me against Jan and not believed Sjoerd, then you will know you would have won. Surely that's enough satisfaction, isn't it? You don't need everyone to pat you on the back and say "Well done". 8)

Elves are b*stards. Innocent people aren't. :lol:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:22 pm

poohcarrot wrote: You don't need everyone to pat you on the back and say "Well done". 8)

Of course I don't, that's right... nice little pat... no no no, I don't need it... :roll:
Of course it's a game, I know that, and I like it because it's a game, it's not like I'm betting my own house on it, otherwise I would never play :lol:
Did I sound like I was upset or something? Because I wasn't I swear it, I already signed for next game! :P
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:50 pm

Which new game's that? :lol:

Kidding - I've been having to do some much-needed maintenance on my personal site (not DreamWorlds), but whilst I was taking the dog out I had a cunning plan on how to do another A-M game incorporating the panto idea so I'll open up the sign-ups for that in a few hours time :wink: :D
Jan Van Quirm

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:01 pm

:D :D yuppi!! I'm here today instead of saturday(26=holiday) so tomorrow it will be regular day for me and I'll be here!!!
I'm also trying to read the SmokingSmaugRP, Jan, but it has 3 very long posts so it's more difficult because I am often interrupted :roll: :evil: :roll:
I won't give up :!: :lol:
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:19 pm

Crys - PMing you about the DW roleplay over there :wink:
Jan Van Quirm

Previous

Return to Games