ELF! what do i do now

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby poohcarrot » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:19 am

Yo Sjoerdy-Pointy-Ears.

Nice try with the Bikkit vote. 8)

However, you are now in a quandry. :?

To prove you are not an elf, I dare you to cast your final vote for Bikkit too. :twisted:

You can't because you are an elf. :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you do take a gamble and cast your final vote for Bikkit, if Crys votes for Jan, YOU WILL LOSE!

So are you willing to accept a draw?
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby poohcarrot » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:53 am

One last thing Sjoerdy-Pointy-Ears. If you accept the draw now, then it's game over. 8)

If you wait for Crys to vote, then all bets are off. If she votes for Jan and it's a tie, then I say let's have a coin toss to decide who the winners are. :twisted:

I never thought I'd last the first round. Then when the second round started and two innocents were gone, the chances of the elves losing were miniscule. :(

If, after everything I've said, Crys doesn't vote for Jan, then she and I will deserve to lose. It will also be a valuable lesson for Crys to learn for future games. :D

So you see, I don't mind losing because from the start the odds have been stacked against me. To be in a position now where I might have a 50/50 chance of pulling off one of the biggest upsets there will ever be in this game, is very tempting.

You and Jan on the other hand, have managed to almost snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. If you and Jan lose it will be one of the funniest things to happen this year. :lol:

It's Xmas. I'd suggest you accept the draw. :lol:
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:29 am

And I suggest you shut your big flapping pooh trap Gobsang. :evil: :wink:

What's this supposed to mean?
pooh wrote:If you wait for Crys to vote, then all bets are off. If she votes for Jan and it's a tie, then I say let's have a coin toss to decide who the winners are.

I already asked them to come in here before they do anything out there so they can deal with the draw option and not have to vote at all?!!!

Sjoerd has been using his brains and he might have stayed with the Bikkit option as it's the only logical choice to terminate the standoff you have created all by yourself between the other remaining active players now. If Dotsie hadn't come back and busted the 1st night phase debacle wide open, all Sjoerd had to do was 'prove' he's not out to get you, even though he might very well be an elf because, like Pooh and I he has so many options to prove/disprove his status and underline yet again that the only unquestioned conclusion in the game at present is that Crys cannot be Jason but could be an elf. Same goes for Bikkit.

Bikkit could have any status at all but she can't participate so ergo if we don't want to eliminate the one other person who has been proved to have the potential to be a possible elf, it's a safety vote for Bikkit and we go into the night phase knowing we've struck lucky and got one pointy ears OR we're all equal and that we will conclude by the end of the night if we carry on.

So OK lets make the draw inevitable and tell Crys the truth shall we? *sweet little elfie smile* :roll: But first Crys - who's the player who's been messing most with your head in here? Pooh's made 2 criminally stupid mistakes and he's performed incredible gymnastics proving he's Jason and he's only succeeded now, because of those errors and because I've been having a ball blowing his theories wide apart and just leaving you alone to make up your own mind on your last chance to vote in this game. As much as Bikkit's orignal mistake has made you vulnerable, he's let you down at every turn because he's determined I'm Legless. Even though you're the one player we should all be gunning for now whatever other theory 'Jason' should have followed if he'd not been such pilock in the first place and used up all his votes in he says an act of desperation on the false premise that there were only 2 innocent players left in the game - completely forgetting that Bikkit might have a role, unlikely though that may be.

Sjored has offered you a temporary lifeline in the Bikkit option which could have been done a lot quicker, left all the actives in and you would still have died in the night phase, if Pooh was Jason. Or the Queen.

So here's the truth and a lie to show you how badly he's messed up as only now, when we know the game's in tatters because one of the two cops didn't know what the hell they were doing and didn't know when the day phase deadline was, he gets a life belt of the draw option and still he's screwing with your head. :roll:

I am the Queen, not Jason or innocent. Pooh is Legless. And we're so clever we've devised this whole thing to fool you into thinking that you and Sjoerd are both suspect and potentially sacrificing one of us to the vote off or, apparently, a night kill. So now I've finally tried to confuse you at last and Pooh's already being doing that so often already you now can't possibly be certain what he's telling you anymore. :(

The one thing you can be certain of is that Bikkit's mistake created this situation and Pooh's made thing's a whole lot worse by making this seemingly cretinous reveal (when he didn't have to do that at all!) and then wasting all his votes on someone he knew was an Elf because he was one too...? Do you believe that when I've told you this was one Truth and a Lie?

So Crys you just vote for me and Sjoerd you go back and vote for Pooh and let's all get on with enjoying the Xmas break. Even if you stick with Bikkit this whole game is a farce now, unless Crys is about to trust someone who was telling her the 'truth' like the boy who cried wolf... :lol:

And one last thing to consider for you my dearest Master Legless/Jason/Gobsang. :P If you hadn't been so idiotic with 'coming out' as Jason when it wasn't necessary and chucking away your anonymity, I would have suggested that Bikkit follow my option with Sjoerd when he got carried away with his voting in Guildty and asked that your last vote be discounted so you had one last chance to change your mind - a most unelf-like gesture of pity that a Queen would grant to her rather silly partner in crime too. Rather ironic that isn't it? :twisted: :lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohcarrot » Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:19 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Bless! :lol: :lol: :lol:
(nearly choked on my Bailey's. :shock: :lol: )

I don't think I've ever, ever implied that Crys is a moron like you just did! :shock: :lol:

Um...er....I do see an ever so little, teensy-weensy point that could possibly just reveal your theory to be utter twaddle. :idea:

If we are both elves

WHY DO I WANT CRYS TO VOTE YOU OFF?
poohcarrot

Postby poohcarrot » Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:39 pm

Crys

If you vote for Jan, Sjoerd will vote for me and it will be a tie.

If you want to then call it a draw, you can. It's your call.
If you want to go on and have a 50/50 chance of going down in history as one of the biggest upset winners of all time, you can. Again it's you call.

I don't mind losing because we should have been dead and buried by now, but we're not.

I will agree with and whole-heartedly support whatever decision you make 100%. :D
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:06 pm

Because you're my one and only lie darling - you're not an elf are you? You know it, I know it, and so does Crys who certainly isn't a moron, she's just suffering visual earache from your continuous evasions and twisting to get yourself off the hook you hammered onto the wall for yourself :roll: :lol:

Even in that lie I was telling the truth. I was quite happy to sacrifice myself and go down in this round if people had approached your night choice of Crys without any stupid reveals to cloud the issue (plus your incredible dramatics in p*ssing your votes away into the bargain - did you bump your head or something? :lol: )

We have both in this thread said we'll accept a draw and I wasn't going to post again, which is why I left a message in the main thread so the others wouldn't carry on oblivious to what we'd already thrashed out between us on PM and in here. Then off you go again politicking for votes if Sjoerd and Crys were suspicious of the draw options and I have to answer you yet again since you're determined to carry on the arguments. :? :twisted:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK - that's me drawing a line now. This is straight Roundworld me talking to all of you. I really don't want to continue posting in this game, as fun and fascinating and scintillatingly witty as it's been.

All the things that have happened these last 2 weeks are now beginning to hit me and I'm so knackered and stressed offline I don't know where to put myself. So I'm off to bed again soon (it's 13:15H here). I'll probably be back later because I can't not, as I can't face anything but my fave forums but I'm not posting argument in here anymore because there's been too many things going wrong along the way. Choose the draw or vote how you like - I don't care so long as we finish today. :)

If in another few days anyone wants another game I'll happily run it again. I have one already prepped over on Worlds (a pantomime theme not Discworld), but not enough players and, as some of those who have signed up are also on here, we could get that going over here easily enough. Or we can do a Discworld one again :D
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohcarrot » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:10 pm

The first round ended after 2 days and everyone hadn't voted.

The second round has been going on for 3 days now, the narrator and some of the players have gone AWOL, so the powers invested in me as substitute narrator and referee (Elf para 3 subsec IIC) must come into play.

Therefore the day phase has now ended. Three people each received one vote. As I don't possess a 3-headed coin, the game is therefore drawn.

(I'm only doing this for the good of Jan's 'ealth :D )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:40 pm

:cry: Thank you pooh! :oops:

*sniffs* :lol: Had a little sleep and feel a bit better but only on here. Sjoerd and Crys - sorry about asking to stop the game like that. :oops:

I meant it about the other game if you fancy a change of theme but we can talk about that when everyone starts drifting back again. :D

*Blows kiss at pooh* :wink:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:22 pm

:shock: Blimey, I may have to slap an 18 Certificate on this thread. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:42 pm

:? :?: For all the name-calling or me blowing kisses at Gobsang? :lol:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Dotsie » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:14 pm

:roll: This game is mental. And by the way you two, I wasn't "under the impression" that I was the protector, I was told I was! The only reason it didn't all go bum up was because I got voted off!

So trying to find a logical gameplan might all be pointless anyway. For all you know, you're all elves :twisted:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:37 pm

poohcarrot wrote:Yo Sjoerdy-Pointy-Ears.

Nice try with the Bikkit vote. 8)

However, you are now in a quandry. :?

To prove you are not an elf, I dare you to cast your final vote for Bikkit too. :twisted:

You can't because you are an elf. :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you do take a gamble and cast your final vote for Bikkit, if Crys votes for Jan, YOU WILL LOSE!

So are you willing to accept a draw?

Just go and see the main thread you :wink:
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:40 pm

You leave the game with honour intact and duty done by your people and Queen, Sjoerd/Sir Legless - :lol:
Thank you for your advice and loyalty throughout the game - especially when it was going pear-shaped! :wink: :twisted:

Crys - I did try not to be too unfair, or put too much pressure on you as the only unpartisan player with only a very slim chance of survival, although I can tell you now that we would have tried not to kill/abduct you if people had felt able to stay under cover, even though important info had been inadvertently revealed. Pooh truly needn't have 'come out', especially from the Elf perspective, as Jason could still have been him or Bikkit, so his admission from an Elf's view was entirely stupid as we then knew for sure as Jason couldn't have been you. My own observations for your benefit were mostly from an innocent's perspective right up until the very end. Pooh really couldn't know for certain if you had been a blocked elf or not, although he did play a blinder on his gut feelings of course. :wink:

Dotsie - we were just being tactful (hard to believe I know! :lol: ). We know you had inadvertently been given the wrong info and, as you say, you were voted out before you or anyone else knew what was happening, so it didn't affect the game as such, although that may have been a factor for pooh feeling he had to go on the offensive so enthusiastically and needlessly. From there on the game was compromised and pooh fully made up in argument what he lacked in consistent and reasoned gameplan with anti-logic aqnd misdirection. I don't know if you were drawn to his fluid, and at times ingenious constructions at all Crys, or just bugged out by the twists and turns :roll: :lol: . I think even Mr. Spock might have had a hard time handling the warped logic paths, but he certainly began to give me a headache :lol:

Pooh - :twisted: The last thing I wanted was a draw which is why Sjoerd went off to vote for Bikkit and has now seen that through so Crys always held the balance of power which in a normal game would have been out of the question as only you would have known about the huge question mark over her status, and we would have still been playing eeny miny as to who to torture next. We wanted to make you suffer and survive and we probably would have left you for the next kill and gone for Crys anyway in the vote off ofr maximum fencing fun. You blew your cover and from then on we wanted you out asap. If I'd been innocent I really would have been mad as hell with you anyway, so thank you for giving me such an excellent opportunity to vent in a 'safe' venue, because on Roundworld I'm ready to go into orbit or a mental institution just now. :evil:

Thanks for a weirdly great game everyone - it was indeed mental, but it was a wild exciting ride and I'm only sorry I was (and am still) too swamped to carry on. :D
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohcarrot » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:44 pm

Dotsie wrote:So trying to find a logical gameplan might all be pointless anyway.

First Day

Sjoerd said "It was payback time" and immediately went for me. It's what I expected. But then he backed off and went for Dotsie. Why?
Sjoerd then said that Jan couldn't be an elf. Why?
If the elves were Sjoerd and Jan, because they are both "gloaters", I knew I wouldn't be killed first round. They'd want to keep me in as long as I amused them and try to really rub my nose it in.

Night Phase

Bikkit revealing that Jason had protected Crys was the best thing that could have happened to me. Imagine if nobody knew this and I sent a pm to Crys saying I was Jason and I had protected her last night. She would never have believed me.

Second Day

The only way to win was to get the other innocent to vote the same way that I'd vote. If I had gone 3 votes for Sjoerd, Crys might not have followed me, because she has never ever voted for Sjoerd. So it had to be Jan.

As soon as I revealed my identity, both Jan and Sjoerd voted for me, confirming they were elves. Then Jan said I was stupid for revealing my identity, said I couldn't protect Crys, or that I couldn't protect myself. These were all untrue. By revealing my identity I was telling the other innocent party that the only chance of winning was to vote the same as me AND that I could protect them and myself.

The "Sjoerdy Pointy-Ears" at the end was to try and goad him into casting his last vote for Bikkit. If Crys had then voted for Jan (which I believe there was a good chance she would have done) we would have won. 8)

PS If Dotsie had been an elf, I would have been as dead as a dodo in the first night phase. :lol:
poohcarrot

Postby bikkit » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:57 pm

Is there going to be another one of these games?

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

PreviousNext

Return to Games