ELF! what do i do now

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby poohcarrot » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:46 pm

poohcarrot wrote: Is Agatha like Lady M the vampire, and Jason like lgor, or is it the other way round?

Yes? Yes what? Which? :? :lol:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:58 pm

Cheers Bikkit

poohcarrot wrote:I've been proccupied of late with Xmas things.
So has everyone else - you're just 8/9 hours ahead of most of us. :x
poohcarrot wrote:I also think I'll be voted off or killed. :(
there you go again - making assumptions so people'll think that's a good idea :P
poohcarrot wrote:If I get through the first round, you'll see the normal Pooh. :twisted:
Oh gooood! :roll:
poohcarrot wrote:Plus I haven't made any pacts with anybody because it all started too suddenly. :(
Well that'll make a nice change for everyone dearie :wink:
poohcarrot wrote:Judging by the posts so far (excluding the elf icons) I'd guess at Sjoerd and Jan as the nasty elves. Jan coz she's gibbering on like an idiot - if she says one more time "but I would say that wouldn't I" I think I'll kill her myself :roll: . Sjoerd coz he started off how I'd suspect by going for me, then suddenly had an epithany and became nice. :?
Jan's been p*ssed through most of the threadso far - and I wanted to annoy you anyway *ticks the 'annoy pooh' item of gameplan* :P
poohcarrot wrote:Plus it's too early to make any gobby co-efficient calculations apart from a new one which states that to try and negate the gobby test, some people are posting too much ie; Sjoerd and Jan (again!)

OK smartypants - here's the breakdown which you'll see is simply what's gone before in the other games and the people who're online most, post the most - durr! :evil:

Me - 7 posts
pooh - 6 posts
Sjoerd - 5 posts
Dotsie - 3 posts
thelibrarian - 2 posts
Crys - 2 posts

Not counting Bikkit as she's keeping us in order and is the inactive player card. You're doing a good job with it hon but we need to know how Dotsie's disappeared and if she's a secret role before she starts gawping please :wink:

Quick edit arising from Sjoerd and pooh's Q's in main thread :roll:
Bikkit - probably best to say when the earliest end of the Night and Day phases is when you open them, but closing the first round at that point was fine as everyone had voted at least once :)

You can do the 'player' Dotsie exit info during the night phase as you're the only person who can post in there during the sleep phase :wink:
Last edited by Jan Van Quirm on Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby thelibrarian » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:52 pm

It's night time already :OO
thelibrarian

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:46 pm

since we're not supposed to know that Crys was protected by Jason should we start over? Or should we just pretend it didn't happen? :wink:
HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE.
Sjoerd3000

Postby poohcarrot » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:53 pm

Problem solved. 8)

Might be a quick game though. :lol:
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:57 pm

Hells Bells - :roll:

Sorry Bikkit I PMed you to say get the bit about Crys and Jason off there ASAP but you went offline as I wrote it and now she's outed as being protected so she's a sitting duck now however we cut it.

Why does this always happen to Crys? :cry: *hugs her lots* You can probably guess what I'm gonna say next :oops:

The elves now know Crys isn't going to be protected in the next night phase and the interrogator cop has gone, so the rest of us can't know if Crys was protected or blocked last night... it only needs one Elf to make the kill and tl's gone so she was their target. Five people left in, both Elves, 1 cop and Crys isn't safe to keep in as she's toast for either the vote off or tonight unless the elves are very, very clever and ignore her (if she isn't one of them) and just start playing mind games with the rest of us :shock:

Back to the thread to argue it out but this leaves the other 2 innocents left in play really, really vulnerable as well :?
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:39 pm

(((huggles Bikkit))) Glad you're enjoying yourself m'dear - it's like the Somme out there! :lol: I totally forgive you for the little fox paws with outing Crys as the protectee - if I do go down and out 'today' then it's been a blast and pooh has been utterly - erm, how to put this... :lol: :twisted: PMSL amazingly, brilliantly and virulently naff.

Thank you all for turning the disaster that was looking like wiping my Xmas off the map really funny and happy and ab-so-lutely fascinating

*blows kisses everywhere especially Japan-wards then goes to get something else with alkyhol in it! * :P :wink:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:54 am

:lol: Wonderful! Have to admire the lengths you'll go to Pooh to try and escape the consequences of what was a silly enough mistake to make in claiming to be Jason and screwing up your voting, even if you were panicking about your killing partner almost certainly getting eliminated just on justifiable doubt. If you are Jason then well played, but you could have spared yourself all this effort if you'd just kept quiet about your status - you are absolutely wrong about having to reveal yourself and you know it. :lol:

Bikkit - I'm not commenting on anything but Pooh's suggestion on modifying your participation as a no-show, no-post marginal player and as the game runner. If you want to go for siding with your status designation in the event of a draw in the next round (if there is one) then fine, even though you should not be 'playing' at all on the basis that you aren't here to do so (like kladivo not taking any active or non-active part in Werewolf), but I object most strongly to varying the terms of your non-participating player status halfway or more through a day phase.

Your status as game runner means you have to be totally neutral and so the coin toss in the event of a draw in the vote-off is your only option there.

Anything else on both those suggestions is grossly unethical and even if I was totally out of the frame for getting voted off myself I would still be making these objections even more strongly in here. This is me talking from the perspective of a game runner - this suggestion is totally unworkable and wrong.
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Dotsie » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:58 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:Quick edit arising from Sjoerd and pooh's Q's in main thread :roll:
Bikkit - probably best to say when the earliest end of the Night and Day phases is when you open them, but closing the first round at that point was fine as everyone had voted at least once :)

I didn't vote.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Dotsie » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:01 pm

And as I said before, I was apparently the protector, and I didn't protect anyone :?
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:57 pm

Dotsie wrote:
Jan Van Quirm wrote:Quick edit arising from Sjoerd and pooh's Q's in main thread :roll:

I didn't vote.

Sorry about that Dotsie - :oops: I obviously wasn't keeping track of the voting posts that well as I thought everyone had, but then we were all a bit in the dark as to when the day phase was ending.

Oh yeah - the other thing about switching kladivo? :? That's down to me and pooh talking ourselves into another fairy story theory after we discovered we were both cops in the last game. :oops: :lol:

However the premise stands on a no-show's involvement (in this game Bikkit naturally) - if they're not 'here' to post, vote or otherwise discharge their role if they have one then the surrogate no-show must not influence the game in any way. We all decided that was the best way to beef the numbers up so we got a decent number of 'players' but that the no-show, non-active player would have no other stake in the game. Not playing means exactly that - if they also have a role it's completely mute and inactive unless they're part of the killing partnership and the role's partner has been eliminated.

Even that is more than would happen in a full participation orthodox game where an inactive player was involved as their participation simply lies dormant (as did kladivo/Wolfgang - Crys/Fangua did all the work herself). These suggested modifications to our 'spare' this time, aside from the abysmal timing after the game has started, are counter-productive to Bikkit's role as the game runner which really should not be compromised that far, irrespective of how her player status stands, as she should have no bias or interest in the gameplay because she allocates the roles, including her own, whether or not she adopts a random allocation method.

In retrospect I think this token no-show option is against the spirit of the game anyway, but we agreed it so no going back on it now. However, by the same token we shouldn't at this stage be fiddling around with the conditions especially when it's being suggested by someone who so desperately needs a lifeline... :roll:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohcarrot » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:56 pm

As I promised not to post on the other thread, I'll post here instead coz there appears to be a bit of a problem. :roll:

Tha fact that Dotsie was under the impression that she protected people is irrelevent. I asked Bikkit what my role was and was told I protected. I protected Crys and we were all told of this.

POSIIBLE SCENARIOS

If Crys votes for Me, Bikkit or Sjoerd the elves win. :(

If Crys votes for Jan, Sjoerd will cast his last vote for me and it's a tie. :P

I propose that in the event of a tie, the game ends and elves and innocents all live to fight another day. It would be unfair to decide this game on a coin toss.

or

If it's a tie, Dotsie can have the deciding vote. She can read the thread and I would trust her with her impartial decision. 8)
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:37 am

Neat alternative option on the draw situation pooh (without accepting your voting breakdown on win status in any way) so I agree with the no coin toss solution, however it breaks down on the basis of you being Jason and without arguing yet again as to who're likely Elves depending on whether they vote for you or not rather than looking at all options and likelihoods. :P

I do agree on Dotsie/Agatha's not having the protector role having now re-read the run of posts and clearly someone was protecting Crys so that fits with Dotsie not being able to make her choices or vote even though she was under the impression she was the protector. :)

Much as I agree Dotsie's capabilities, she has been an active player and so Bikkit, as the game runner and officially neutral throughout is the only acceptable arbiter (in my opinion anyway). In view of what's gone on, your first proposal on the tie situation is fairer on everyone concerned :P
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohcarrot » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:00 am

So do we all agree on a draw then? It's a fair result. We can all live to fight another day. :lol:

It IS Xmas and I'm sure you Elves have to bugger off and help Santa.

And if there is now no more Elf problem in Lancre, I'm off to Ankh-Morpork to start a clothes peg manufacturing company utilising all my blacksmith skills. :lol:
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:08 am

I just posted in the other thread to ask Crys and Sjoerd to come here first before they do anything in there. :wink:

To be crystal clear I'm agreeable to what pooh's saying - Santa doesn't need any help with Xmas day being mostly over now, but sweepers are much appreciated to help with the clearing up and he apparently gives the best 'wrap' parties as our elves will no doubt confirm... :twisted:
Jan Van Quirm

PreviousNext

Return to Games