ELF!!

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby bikkit » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:47 am

some townies did, but i forgot to send you yours. You MAY OR MAY NOT have a role.

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:47 am

:lol: Well Bikkit -you would say that woulnd't you! :wink:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohcarrot » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:50 am

Well I may or may not have a role, and I may or may not have received a pm telling me we had started. :?
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:25 am

Sjoerd3000 wrote:It´s payback time! :twisted: I vote for Pooh :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Ok decision time :twisted: I want to change my vote I vote for Dotsie
Dotsie clearly enjoyed being a killer and her former partner in crime Bikkit might have made her a killer again :twisted:

so, no payback? :roll: Well, okay, maybe you're too nice, or maybe you're just nice as an elf would be, who could say the first round, so let's try it I vote for Dotsie too, sorry Dotsie, this is only my first vote, waiting to see how things go, what TL has to say when she comes back, so right now we have 2 votes for Dotsie and two for Pooh (his vote for himself counts right? he might be confessing :P )
maybe Pooh voted for himself so we all would think "he cannot be the killer if he does that", so you change your vote and he goes free=calculated risk?
CrysaniaMajere

Postby poohcarrot » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:18 am

...but maybe I am an elf and that by saying I am means I'm not, but I really am, so I'm not, unless I am, which I'm not.
poohcarrot

Postby poohcarrot » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:52 pm

Time to hunt me some elves! :lol:

I think the two elves are so immersed in their roles that they are unaware that their subconscious minds want to tell the whole world and gloat.

If you look at the smiley icons, this one :twisted: looks like an elf. It has pointy ears and an evil elf-like grin.

Therefore whoever is using this icon a lot, is obviously an elf.

Counting the elf icons so far, I see that Sjoerd has used 6 and Jan has used 5. These two are clearly elves and should be voted off immediately. :P
poohcarrot

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:19 pm

No payback just wanted to scare pooh a bit :wink: (or maybe no payback yet :twisted: )

In the first game I was Teatime according to pooh because I used the :wink: smiley a lot. So clearly Jan cannot be an elf and I am ofcourse innocent as always :wink:
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby thelibrarian » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:27 pm

I'm not totally convinced by Pooh's smiley reasoning, thou they are no stranger than some day one tactics I have seen :lol:

I'm gonna throw my first vote at Dotsie for this post

Dotsie wrote:
Sjoerd3000 wrote:Ok decision time :twisted: I want to change my vote I vote for Dotsie
Dotsie clearly enjoyed being a killer and her former partner in crime Bikkit might have made her a killer again :twisted:

I can only assume I'm not, since I haven't heard anything. But I don't mind, you can vote for me if you like.
thelibrarian

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:47 pm

poohcarrot wrote:If you look at the smiley icons, this one :twisted: looks like an elf. It has pointy ears and an evil elf-like grin.
Therefore whoever is using this icon a lot, is obviously an elf.
Counting the elf icons so far, I see that Sjoerd has used 6 and Jan has used 5. These two are clearly elves and should be voted off immediately. :P

I don't know, Jan uses that smiley pretty often, that would mean she had been an elf all this time? :o
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:59 pm

what about the Gobby co-efficients pooh? :wink:
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Dotsie » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:36 pm

I don't care if I get voted off. You townies can be left to fend for yourselves again :twisted:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:35 pm

:evil: is classified as 'evil' :twisted: is classified as 'twisted'.

I will not deny I am an elf, because I am - a lot. But not on this Forum. I am in fact several different Elves on my other forum but only one is slightly twisted as she nearly got turned into an orc... (long story short - she's kind of an albino, kind of a vampire in that she only eats raw meat but never sentient non-orcs). The rest include Elrond and Glorfindel who are definitely not evil at all. I have never portrayed a Discworld elf - although they do sound kinda fun... :twisted:

However this is not a roleplay game this is a logic game so I would be pretty silly indeed to try to act Elvish - but if I was an Elf (Legless really does sound like fun right at this very moment) I would say that wouldn't I? :roll:

:twisted: AND :evil: are not Discworld Elves, even though they have pointy ears. They are 'normal' smiley devils who're supposed to be evil and twisted and naturally like that it way (especially the twisted one :twisted: ). Discworld Elves are not Evil unless you think cats are evil - like devils. Elves are amoral and incapable of understanding that anyone else matters except them. That is not Evil. Elves just Are. They're not Twisted either - they are perfect on their own terms, highly egotistical and find other life forms entertaining and fascinating. If Greebo didn't have fur and four legs he would be a Discworld Elf - ask the skinny aristo lady in Witches Abroad :P

By the way I'm not making this up, but paraphrasing Terry's own definition of What Elves Are. Using the smiley theory is just plain lazy and altogether recycled, unstylish, uninspired and frankly rather tedious... so
pooh most likely isn't an Elf, unless he's trying to spread the blame as far as possible in the 1st round - as usual :roll: when everyone knows it's pointless to point finger OR ears in the 1st round.

I'm very tempted to vote for you again for being soooo predictable smartypants but I'll guess I'll wait and see what thelibrarian has to say when she gets back in 8)
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby thelibrarian » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:21 pm

Dotsie wrote:I don't care if I get voted off. You townies can be left to fend for yourselves again :twisted:

Us townies? Meaning you're not one? :wink:

My vote stands for now, when does voting close?

I'm getting a very different vibe from Pooh this time round, I can't quite put my finger on why but his posts feel a bit different.
thelibrarian

Postby poohcarrot » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:13 am

I've been proccupied of late with Xmas things.

I also think I'll be voted off or killed. :(

If I get through the first round, you'll see the normal Pooh. :twisted:

Plus I haven't made any pacts with anybody because it all started too suddenly. :(

Judging by the posts so far (excluding the elf icons) I'd guess at Sjoerd and Jan as the nasty elves. Jan coz she's gibbering on like an idiot - if she says one more time "but I would say that wouldn't I" I think I'll kill her myself :roll: . Sjoerd coz he started off how I'd suspect by going for me, then suddenly had an epithany and became nice. :?

When does the first day end?

Plus it's too early to make any gobby co-efficient calculations apart from a new one which states that to try and negate the gobby test, some people are posting too much ie; Sjoerd and Jan (again!)
poohcarrot

Postby bikkit » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:23 am

NIGHT PHASE HAS BEGUN (I think)

Pooh-1
Dotsie- 4

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

PreviousNext

Return to Games