ELF! what do i do now

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:57 pm

Might as well post this here too
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Dotsie » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:55 am

I have to say, I think we'll never get more than six. On the last two games, we had seven sign-ups but only six showed, and even fewer actually playing, so I don't think six starters will be too much of a problem. It would be better with more, but what can you do?
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:07 pm

Looking that way yes. The only trouble with that is the citizen/killer ratio as the town must outnumber the killer by a significant number else we'll only have a couple of rounds. However... :twisted:

We can up the ante a little bit and try a sub-configuration with a linked pair one townie and one killer who, like the killers are known to each other. That way we're left with same gameplan as before BUT there is 1 player on each side who's got another alliegance? The link partnerships that seem most elvish are the siblings or the lovers and basically they will protect each other (not vote for each other or choose to kill them) and so have 2 ways to win - by working with their proper partner OR with each other so that they win for themselves?

I'm not too sure how this can pan out (tl have you participated in this variation ever?) but what we could do is have the 4 roles as Bikkit has suggested - so the killer sibling/lover has to be either Legless or the Queen but on the town side the sibling/lover doesn't necessarily need be a cop (so Jason or Agatha could have yet another angle to consider). :twisted:

I think we're up to this degree of duplicity although I pity pooh and whoever he wants to make a pact with this time as paranoia levels will go through the roof with this one... :lol:

If people want to try this I'll point you in the right direction for this configuration Bikkit, so you can sort it when you do the draw for the roles :wink:

Alternatively we could do the serial killer option but that means just the one killer so it cuts down on the elimination process :evil:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohcarrot » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:19 pm

Why can't we just have a character who doesn't post - like Kladivo? They might be a killer, they might not. They might be an Igor or a Lady M, or they might not.

If by chance the non-poster were a killer, then if the other killer was killed, the original killer could be responsible for nominations of who the next victim would be, while at the time posting gawping comments.

And it would be funny if they won!
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:33 pm

What happens to no-shows pooh, real or imagined? :lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby bikkit » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:42 pm

actually, that could work

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:55 pm

The non-posting character? :roll: :lol:

What could be done is for you to be the 'silent' player maybe Bikkit? That way you can 'participate' as you can't really say anything or vote if you're running the thread and allocating the secret roles :lol: And being a non-combatant (rather than a no-show) it wouldn't be so tempting to get you out either... :D
Jan Van Quirm

Postby bikkit » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:45 pm

ok

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby bikkit » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:45 pm

IT HAS BEGUN!!! sort of- your roles will be allocated soon

bikkit

Postby poohcarrot » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:39 pm

These may seem like silly questions, but what special powers do Agatha and Jason Ogg have? Is Agatha like Lady M the vampire, and Jason like lgor, or is it the other way round?

And what happens if you are innocent and get killed? How do you die?

And what happens to the elves if they are voted off?
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:59 pm

I was wondering about that too, and also, if you're innocent and you are voted off, you get killed I assume, and than what, can you still gawp like in the other games or not, you're dead and that's all??
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Dotsie » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:40 pm

According to rule 4, you get lynched still, but you can then gawp. I PMd bikkit regarding the roles, but no answer yet.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:52 pm

i think maybe rule4 says "lynched" because she copied the rules of the last game :lol: no sense in writing everything again when you can just copy it :D
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:44 pm

Nods at Dotsie and Crys

Bikkit - I have a PM I sent to you when we set up again, which is stuck in my OUTBOX so I think your INBOX is full because you haven't opened it (as then the PM would be in my SENTBOX). Can you check it for us please and delete some INBOX PMs and then you'll get my PM which refers you a Mafia Help and FAQ site where you can get some ideas for this game if you want to try some different 'special powers' for the cops in this :wink:

If not then you can simply copy/paste Dotsie's or my rules and character info into one of the threads and adapt them slightly as necessary :D
Jan Van Quirm

Postby bikkit » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:33 am

@ pooh yes
@ pooh If you are killed by elves then you die or are abducted, something like that. If you are voted off, you get held in the castle dungeon with a load of iron. Unless youmean what they do. ded/Voted off people can gawp.

@ crys see above

@ jan got the pm. thanks

bikkit

PreviousNext

Return to Games