Its Hogswatch next week =O

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:34 am

You're forgiven Morty. :wink: You should hear me when it comes to punning. :lol:

Glad you worked out your meds - try not to do that again please! :shock:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Morty » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:47 am

Tonyblack wrote:You're forgiven Morty. :wink: You should hear me when it comes to punning. :lol:

Humph.....I'm going to ask Jason for a second opinion......You know how much I like playing with matches :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm going to go on Google to find one of those pill trays so I can get someone to put all my pills out each day for me and set a series of alarm clocks to go off when the next meds are due.

On second thoughts if I ham my illness up a bit maybe i can get one these for Christmas.....

is it just me or is it rather hot on the forum tonight :evil:

Knowing my luck I'd probably get one more like this......

Ooooooo Matron.........PMSL :lol: :lol: :lol:
Morty

Postby Batty » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:50 am

Mortimer Postlethwaite wrote:
Tonyblack wrote:Certainly not - banning's too good for him! :twisted:

I am hoping that you’ll all feel sorry for me and consider my punishment served. If not will setting fire to myself be an acceptable chastisement.

Image Image Setting fire to yourself may well be a cheaper option than putting the central heating on, but unless you invite the neighbours and hand them toasting forks and marshmallows, it won't make for a good social occasion.

Best just take the correct meds and dream of nurses attending you ... Although you sound like the sort of chap who would pull the short straw and end up with a male nurse in attendance!
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Morty » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:17 pm

Batty wrote:
Tonyblack wrote:Certainly not - banning's too good for him! :twisted:

I am hoping that you’ll all feel sorry for me and consider my punishment served. If not will setting fire to myself be an acceptable chastisement.

Image Image Setting fire to yourself may well be a cheaper option than putting the central heating on, but unless you invite the neighbours and hand them toasting forks and marshmallows, it won't make for a good social occasion.

Best just take the correct meds and dream of nurses attending you ... Although you sound like the sort of chap who would pull the short straw and end up with a male nurse in attendance!

Batty I just love the emoticon of the man on fire.....Can't think why!
My Nurse has just left after giving me a FULL bed bath. For some reason she insisted that I removed my glasses.
I could not see her properly but the CCTV camera in the lobby will have picked her up as she entered the building. I'll get the security guys to send you a picture of her.

Hello Hello Hello Security here.......Has requested for someone called Batty. A picture of the Nurse who Hattended to Mr. Postlethwaite....
He's a weird one that one and no mistakin....

Morty

Postby Batty » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:52 pm

Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Jason » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:14 pm

Once I finish work on Christmas eve, we'll be visiting Lisa's Dad's house in the afternoon. Then back home so the girls can put out all the paraphernalia for Santa. Then we will read The Night before Christmas before they go off to bed.

Christmas day starts with Lisa's Mum, step Dad and Sister visiting us for Christmas breakfast. Then we have Christmas dinner on our own before my family visit in the afternoon.

Not sure what's happening Boxing day.

The 27th is Emily's 11th Birthday so I am sure we will have a house full of relatives.
TCOM-12 - Ludeum in tympanus
Editor Discworld Monthly
Jason

Postby Jason » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:15 pm

Oh, and I support Tony's decision Mortimer you are forgiven. :P
TCOM-12 - Ludeum in tympanus
Editor Discworld Monthly
Jason

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:21 pm

Tonyblack wrote:You're forgiven Morty. :wink: You should hear me when it comes to punning. :lol:

Humph.....I'm going to ask Jason for a second opinion......You know how much I like playing with matches :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm going to go on Google to find one of those pill trays so I can get someone to put all my pills out each day for me and set a series of alarm clocks to go off when the next meds are due.

On second thoughts if I ham my illness up a bit maybe i can get one these for Christmas.....

is it just me or is it rather hot on the forum tonight :evil:

Knowing my luck I'd probably get one more like this......

Ooooooo Matron.........PMSL :lol: :lol: :lol:
What just one or is that one for each hand.Image
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Quark » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:49 am

Dug up a Christmas-related picture I thought worth mentioning:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Quark

Postby AgnesOgg » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:53 pm

We are celebrating on Christmas Eve, dinner is "pinnekjøtt" which is hard to explain, it is basicly lamb-rib that is dried for ages, then steamed for hours....sounds nasty, does it not? 8) served with bolied potatoes, stewed swedes (is that the rigth word?) and sauerkraut. Yummi! All my family is coming, I think it will be a long and funny evening! I have high hopes for the gifts too :lol:
no, it`s a hippopotamus!
AgnesOgg

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:13 pm

stewed swedes, :?:

Do you nip next door to Sweden and get some drunk ones Imageor is it turnips you use. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby AgnesOgg » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:40 am

Stewed swedes..... :lol: it`s not turnips, but similar, more yellow....I can`t find my vegetable dictionary. In norwegian it is called a kålrabi, if that is any help :shock:
no, it`s a hippopotamus!
AgnesOgg

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:42 pm

Ah right - kohlrabi is another spelling isn't it?

Also turnips/swedes are regional descriptions in the UK. Like in Scotland and I think Ireland down here in the Westcountry yellow and white turnips are lumped together but only the yellow turnips are eaten and especially used in pasties (never, never use carrot in those - it has to be a yellow turnip/swede! :evil: ) - white turnips are for cows. :lol:

The first time I tried to buy a yellow turnip in the south east (moved there right after I got married) I was almost in tears as I could see the greengrocer had them but he kept saying he didn't have any turnips which is what I knew them as of course. I'd never heard them called swedes before that, though in retrospect I'd happily have taken a tall blond mountain man instead of the poxy yellow turnip :twisted:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby chris.ph » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:01 pm

im frlom swansea not the mountains jan :lol: :wink:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby AgnesOgg » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:37 pm

whatever they are called (I think I`ll go for swede, just because the idea of a stewed one is funny) the dish is delicious (and traditional) :D
no, it`s a hippopotamus!
AgnesOgg

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum