Werewolf - what do I do now?

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Dotsie » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:54 am

Blame Jan for the sneakiness. I was just following her lead :twisted:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:35 am

:?: :oops: :lol:

:twisted:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:39 pm

i was worried to have played it terribly, the lone wolf definitely is not my type of role!
no werewolves in Lancre, right? :lol:
CrysaniaMajere

Postby poohcarrot » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:11 pm

You didn't play it terribly Crys. :P

At the end of the first round I was 100% convinced it was Jan. Here's the obituary I wrote for her;

Good Gods! I'm still alive! I'M ALIVE!!
The fresh air has never tasted better than the birds have never sung so beautifully.
And I owe it all to one person. Jan Van Quirm. What a woman!
I will cherish forever our brief time together.
As a symbol of my eternal gratitude to you, Jan, here is a solitary blood-red rose...

....which I will kiss lovingly, before tenderly placing it on your unmarked grave, deep in the forest.

It pains me to say this, but my dearest darling Jan is a werewolf.

She gave herself away on Tuesday, but I couldn't be completely sure until last night.

I'm truly sorry Jan, from the bottom of my heart, but your biggest mistake was not realising or considering that I was Lady M

So with heavy heart, and cherry blossom tears splashing on my keyboard, for the sake of the good folk of Bonk, I must write;

I VOTE FOR JAN
I VOTE FOR JAN
I VOTE FOR JAN

Farewell my one and only true love

Poohcarrot aka Lady M

(That'll teach you for playing with your food!)

At the end of the second round I was 100% sure it was the Librarian. Here is the Librarian's Obituary.

"Dear Librarian

I said in the last round that it'd be an honour to vote for such an accomplished pro as you, so that's exactly what I'm now going to do. :lol: Like last time, there is absolutely no reason for this vote whatsoever.

I VOTE FOR THE LIBRARIAN

However, earlier on in the day you claimed ignorance of the rules. Yet later, in our friendly banter, you said you'd played games like this 30 times. Therefore;

I AGAIN VOTE FOR THE LIBRARIAN

Lastly, as a cross-dressing, black-ribbon, vampire bibliophile, I had a little problem with cataloging and indexing a pile of my tomes, so I bet you'll never guess in a million years who I invited over to my castle to help me last night. :twisted:

I CAST MY FINAL VOTE FOR THE LIBRARIAN

Nice bit of banter, but you really shouldn't play with your food! :twisted:

Yours fatally,

Lady Margalotte"

Unfortunately Crys, you were the logical choice in the third. But until you made your little "protection" mistake, I never knew for sure
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:31 am

I wrote:Crys we were truly surprised and very nearly completely foxed when we got another no kill scenario with you as we were fully expecting you to be a 'rescue' rather than a blocking job and to have a positive wolfie ID with pooh's overnight guest instead. Even when we went full tilt with the lynch vote for you we weren't completely convinced (well I wasn't :P ) and had a contingency plan for the next night phase, which should have covered the remaining peeps we weren't sure of. I admit I started to get rather paranoid about the tranny vamp - again! :twisted: You were our strongest suspect though and so our duty was clear :P

*Nods at pooh* We were both almost speechless after the 2nd night phase when the pooh the investigator came up with an innocent clearance for thelibrarian.

As for pooh's obits - I was quite touched by mine... as in I wanted to put my finger as far down my throat as poss :lol: :twisted:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby thelibrarian » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:18 am

Yay, we won :D I did poke my head in the other day and saw then, but this cold turned into flu and I've been rotten since the weekend :(

Pooh wrote:However, earlier on in the day you claimed ignorance of the rules. Yet later, in our friendly banter, you said you'd played games like this 30 times.

I've only played a handfull of times (and like I said, the rules are very different), I think you'll find I said that I play games that have 30 players in, lol. The reason I mentioned playing the other games was because I thought I had picked up that Jan was the cop and I wanted her to investigate me to find out my innocence. Luckily you were the cop instead, and my plan worked perfectly anyway :lol:

I wanted to ask something about the rules in this game, the 3 votes thing still confuses me. I've played games where you can change your vote a set number of times before, but it's only the last one that counts. I thought that this was the case when I started playing here, but then we were encouraged to use all our votes up, even thou they could all be for the same person. Do all the votes count then?
thelibrarian

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:17 pm

Only the last vote counts if you're waivering TL (or winding people up :twisted: ) and if you want to stick to your first one that's fine.

With so few of us playing and with some people not able to get in more than a couple of times a week, I thought that we needed to be fairly flexible with the 'lynch' votes in view of that to allow people to get in and use them or alternatively follow what was going on whilst they were out in case they needed to change - also sticking to the same C9 format (for now) until everyone knows the gameplan. :wink:

On busier sites I suppose they need more control (I did look at the spoilerTV Mafia forum when I first asked if people were interested in trying a Discworld version of the game) but on here that degree of regulation just wouldn't work because of

1. pooh
2. pooh and his overwe'ening urge to make pacts :roll:
3. other people being driven mad by pooh :P

The other reason was that I wanted to test the format for my own site when we put a Discworld RP forum up in the spring :)
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohcarrot » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:05 pm

Oi! :twisted:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby thelibrarian » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:09 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:Only the last vote counts if you're waivering TL (or winding people up :twisted: ) and if you want to stick to your first one that's fine.

Ahh, cheers Jan :)

On busier sites I suppose they need more control (I did look at the spoilerTV Mafia forum when I first asked if people were interested in trying a Discworld version of the game) but on here that degree of regulation just wouldn't work because of

1. pooh
2. pooh and his overwe'ening urge to make pacts :roll:
3. other people being driven mad by pooh :P

The other reason was that I wanted to test the format for my own site when we put a Discworld RP forum up in the spring :)

You checked my forum :o lol. Yeah, unfortunately things got out of hand there in a previous game which is why we had to set up a regulated section :( I recently handed in my Mafia modship there because the level of regulating has gotten to a ridiculous level, friendly banter should just be friendly banter, not be taken as a personal insult :roll: That's one of the reason I decided to join the games here, they seem much more fun 8)
thelibrarian

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:50 pm

One of my co-mods on a previous site belongs to spoilerTV too and we played it about a year ago now where she'd themed it to Lord of the Rings really beautifully (Frodo had his eyes pecked out by crebain for our first lynching :shock: :lol: ) so I had a good rootle in spoiler to get some ideas and tried to get sign-ups back along on here, but not enough takers. So thanks for giving us a prod! :wink:

The first time I played it was on a busy site and it was literally murder as people started flouncing around getting cross because the secret roles weren't themed as we were already roleplaying our own characters and it was really quite dull, even though I was a killer along with the 'kingdom' mod :roll: so of course no one would vote for her and we won the game but I got banged up on the second night and told not to post so it was seriously boring :roll: :lol: So I'm not so fond of high capacity games - they do go quicker with 24/48 hr rounds etc but the amount of rowing and organisation really drains the fun out of it I think - that and we're all show offs on here :lol:
Jan Van Quirm

Previous

Return to Games