mobile phones

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby bikkit » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:21 pm

Minr has a little green, cute dragon hanging off it.

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby cols » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:51 am

chris.ph wrote:
im having a nokia n97 :)

that's a really nice phone Chris . :D

I'm getting the samsung tocco lite for christmas :D
cols

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:13 pm

Is that the mini n97 or n97 Chris there is no much difference between them except the screen size,with the mini fits in your pocket easily.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby poohcarrot » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:44 pm

Dotsie wrote:I am completely at a loss with this thread. Can someone explain what's going on for thickie Dotsie please?

Ditto! :?
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:45 pm

poohcarrot wrote:
Dotsie wrote:I am completely at a loss with this thread. Can someone explain what's going on for thickie Dotsie please?

Ditto! :?

Ugh - getting deja vu here.... :roll:

Something about phone 'charms' I think - so glad mobiles are not and never will go OCD for me :evil:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohcarrot » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:51 pm

OCD? :?
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:00 pm

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder - we all have it on here I think :lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohcarrot » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:08 pm

Does that mean that anyone who watches TV for 3 hours a night, or goes to the pub for 3 hours a night, or does anything for 3 hours a day has OCD? :?
poohcarrot

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:19 pm

As long as mine can make/receive calls and texts, that's all I need.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:36 pm

My current phone cost nine quid. I don't need a camera or anything fancy - I just wanted a phone that I could occasionally send texts on. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:11 pm

pooh wrote:]Does that mean that anyone who watches TV for 3 hours a night, or goes to the pub for 3 hours a night, or does anything for 3 hours a day has OCD?

Not really. OCD can be anything you have to do - over and over and if you can't do it for some reason it makes you crazy until you can do it again. So its a kind of addiction

It doesn't really matter how long you do it for, just how mad you get when you can't do it. 3 hours doing anything is a just habit if you can miss a day without feeling bad - it's having to do it no matter what that makes it OCD.

I have to take my meds in certain order of size and colours - if I get it wrong then I have to put them back into that order before I take any of them. I can make myself take them out of order, but if I do that then I'm beyond worried that I've missed one, even though I know I haven't. Other ones are having to log onto forum sites at a routine time and maybe looking at the forums in a certain order every session or leaving your keys in the same place and even the same position on the chain or having to check lights are turned off dozens of times and thinking they're blown even if you just turned them off - so you turn them on to make sure they're still working :roll:

If I had a mobile fixation I'd be a real pest making sure people were where they said they'd be all the time and checking I'd saved texts properly - stupid stuff like that :?
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Lord Ponsamby-Smyth » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:01 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:Lord P
But when the string gets wet it's buggered, the same as the the cans when they get rusty and find religion (get holey). :lol: Image

You paint one can red and the other can green or whatever, and the rust does not seem to effect them, as for the string, this is a good point, as society has yet to develop a sting that does not soak in water when it rains, if that could be invented, all other phones such as O2, and TMobile would be redundant.

The cans are not really set up for sending texts, or for takng photo's, even playng Soduku, but they dd a mighty fine job for what they were invented for....my daughter uses one as a child monitor, course the grandchild is now in her teens, but its still used to this day.
Back in da house....
Lord Ponsamby-Smyth

Postby bikkit » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:13 pm

I have a nokia 5220 expressmusic. It's a funny shape. I woud post a picture but can't be bothered.

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:40 pm

:lol:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Danny B » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:54 am

I've got a touch-screen one with a 5MP digital camera, built in MP3 player, Java for playing games, functionality for emails and an FM radio. I'm led to believe that I can use it as a telephone as well. :roll:

I've got it, because as monumentally unfussed as I am about mobile phones, my wife is constantly attracted by new ones, meaning I regularly receive hand-me-down mobiles. On this occasion, I found it to be quite handy, since I no longer need pockets full of gadgets for music/photos/communication. I certainly wouldn't have paid for one for myself on that basis, but well... you know how it is. ;) The one belonging to Mrs B. has even more bells and whistles and fancy-pants applets. There comes a point where all the additions just make it confusing and fiddly to use and hers is treading that line. I'll stick with what I have until it breaks from now on.

Added bonus? These are my wallpaers for it...

Image Image Image Image Image

... So at least looking at it makes me smile. And yes, I really am that geeky.;)
Danny B

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum