WEREWOLF! The Uberwald whodunnit game

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

WEREWOLF! The Uberwald whodunnit game

Postby Dotsie » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:21 pm

WEREWOLF!

Darkness has fallen in Uberwald. In the town of Bonk, the only light to be seen is coming from the windows of Castle von Finkelstein, where Dr Dotsie von Finkelstein is working feverishly to reanimate the corpse brought to her by her faithful servant Igor. The unfortunate man was Captain Tantony, chief of police. But Dr Finkelstein knows it is too late. She can also see what inflicted the wounds….

“IGOR! Get to the town, quickly. Protect those people, before we are overrun!”

“Yeth, mithtrethth”

“But first get me a towel, would you?”

“Ye-“

“No time to waste, Igor!”

With Igor gone to offer what protection he can, Dr von Finkelstein turns once more to the late Captain.

“But first to make sure this poor man stays where he is…”

THE CHARACTERS

Wolfgang ~ A vicious and seemingly indestructible werewolf. You were head of a pack of werewolves that has now dwindled to a mere two, biding your time prowling the forests of Uberwald. Desperate for the taste of human flesh once more, you have returned to the town of Bonk, where no-one remembers your day time face…

Fangua ~ One-time lover of Wolfgang, and now the only family he has left. A merciless killer, you would follow your man anywhere - even into the town of Bonk, and the jaws of death.

Lady Margolotta ~ A teetotal vampire, who has sensed the proximity of the werewolves. Concerned for the townsfolk, you invite individuals to your castle during the night phase in order to learn more about your guest. You will discover whether or not your choice is a killer, BUT you will not be able to stop the killing during the night phase. You may not invite the same person twice in a row.

Igor ~ A master with a scalpel and an expert at stitching people up, your master Dr Dotsie Von Finkelstein (mad scientist and genius) has given you special instructions and each night you will choose one of the townspeople you consider most at risk to guard. Whoever you choose to protect will survive any attempt at werewolf attack for that night only. However, if you’ve chosen a person who also has some ability of their own, then they cannot use that ability for the night you’re protecting them. You cannot choose to protect the same person twice in a row, nor are you immune to attack yourself.

Who could the werewolves be? Who can the townspeople look to for help? Any of the following could be a furry killing machine is disguise, or a saviour:
Kladivo
Jan Van Quirm
Lady Vetinari
Sjoerd3000
bikkit
poohcarrot
CrysaniaMajere
Tina a.k.a. Susan Sto Helit

THE RULES

1. No arguing with the Narrator in the main thread. All queries, post mortems or requests for elaboration to be done in the “What do I do now?” thread or by PM if it’s something you cannot discuss in public.

2. When formally voting for someone to be treated as a prime suspect (and get lynched) please make this crystal clear as in “I vote for Mr/Ms X as prime suspect” - or use block capitals etc etc. Do the same sort of thing if you change you mind and want to vote for someone else or to abstain/withdraw your vote - remember you can change your vote up to 3 times during each day phase.

3. Make sure you never reveal your true role to anyone (unless you’re a killer in which case you will know who you’re working with) unless the Narrator says you can – else you’ll end up dead or locked up much quicker…

4. Try not to get too upset with what happens once the killings start - it’s a fun game to play so keep it light-hearted. If you do get lynched you can still take part as a Gawper! – Dr Dotsie Von Finkelstein reanimates those who have been lynched so you can gawp, but not take part in voting of course.

5. Gawpers you may post during the Day Phases, but you may not vote for anyone

6. No posting during a night phase – Gawpers this means you too!

7. Anyone revealing the contents of a PM will be lynched immediately! PMing is really against the spirit of the game, but I can’t stop you… just don’t talk about it, and don’t come running to me if it turns out you’ve been cosying up to a werewolf.

8. Anyone taking part will be a candidate for a special role.

Day phases: These last between 4 – 7 real time days to allow the players time to post and to vote for a likely suspect to be taken into safe custody. If everyone has voted by the 4th day then the Narrator will close the voting and announce the start of the…

Night phase: These will generally last up to 48 hours to allow all 4 special roles to PM the Narrator with their decisions.

You have been warned!

Further information on gameplay will available in a “What do I do now?” thread where you can post if you need to do so away from the game thread.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:47 pm

It can't be bikkit because she was the killer last time. I think it's Jan or one of the new players. Maybe Kladivo is Wolfgang and Jan Fangua :wink:
Or maybe someone else, difficult to say at this stage :?
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:50 pm

Are you saying I'm a dog Sjoerd? A wild one as well? :evil:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo! Durr - as if. That would be just be sooo predictable! Unless its a double bluff of course? :P
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:03 pm

Sjoerd3000 wrote:It can't be bikkit because she was the killer last time.

but you don't actually know it can't be bikkit. maybe during the sorting her name came up, and since she had fun last time it wouldn't be nice to take the part away from her, so I can't believe that "SheWhoMadeTheDecision" would have done this to her!

P.s. we should all be glad there's you around otherwise who would start all these games? :wink:
CrysaniaMajere

Postby thelibrarian » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:25 pm

*waves her pitchfork menacingly* So who we suspect so far :?:
thelibrarian

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:09 pm

Well obviously it's NOT Capt Tantony - or could there be a clue in there? Tan-tony? :shock:

Nah! :lol: He didn't sign-up did he? :?
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Dotsie » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:11 pm

No, there's no Tony :lol: And all the choices were completely random - everyone had an equal chance.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:16 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:Well obviously it's NOT Capt Tantony

:lol: it would have been a nice strategy, make us think he cannot be the killer because he's dead, as if this could mean it was safe enough :lol: :lol:
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:07 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:Are you saying I'm a dog Sjoerd? A wild one as well? :evil:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo! Durr - as if. That would be just be sooo predictable! Unless its a double bluff of course? :P

No not a dog... a werewolf maybe :twisted:

I think Dotsie would give someone else the chance to play a killer but ofcourse I could be wrong :wink: (I was very wrong in the last game)

and thanks Crysania :P
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:56 pm

Actually, I still don't know how to do this so can 'thelibrarian' have my spot as a player? :oops:

*slinks off with a candle in a shuttered, closed up room all skeert*
Last edited by Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit on Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby poohcarrot » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:05 pm

'Ere, you've started!. A bit sneaky doing it while I was asleep. :lol:

It was Jan. She done it.
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:11 pm

It begins... :roll:

Of course I done it - who else would've done it? Only what - seven other people wot could've done it, so of course it was me... :twisted:

Remember this modus operandi fellow players? Most of whom have played with this learned gentleman before - he who shouts loudest very often knows b*gger all. :lol:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Dotsie » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:42 pm

Just to let you all know, thelibrarian is now playing instead of Tina.

I'm off to bed now, I shudder to think of the havoc pooh is going to cause while I'm gone :twisted: Just one thing pooh - I didn't do it 8)
Dotsie

Postby thelibrarian » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:27 pm

No longer a gawper :D But it's getting late and I'm off to bed, back tomorrow.

If the bad guys could slip up between now and then that would be great, thx ;)
thelibrarian

Postby poohcarrot » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:32 am

Well, I'm sticking to my whoever-posts-the-least-gets-my-vote principle, so at the moment suspicion falls on Kladivo, Bikkit & Lady V. :D
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Next

Return to Games