Lets Cast - 'Guards! Guards!'

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Kladivo » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:52 pm

Sjoerd3000 wrote:Alan Rickman would be better as Vetinari :D

Nah... There needs to be something so inhumane about him that almost inhuman. And skinny. Vetinari definitely is skinny. I know it's oldskul, but Christopher Lambert's got good eyes for Vetinari. Isaacs's good but only works with snow white hair :P

What about Peter Weller? He's right age now. Agent Smith of Rivendell?

David Bowie :?:
Duvvelsheyss!
Kladivo

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:34 am

Kladivo wrote:What about Peter Weller? He's the right age now. Agent Smith of Rivendell?

David Bowie :?:

I think you mean Hugo Weaving don't you Kladivo? He was Agent Smith and Elrond (believe me I know this as my main writing partner is totally nuts about him :lol: ) He's certainly excellent in political assassin roles (V for Vendetta) so it's a good match but I'm not absolutely certain if he's physically right as I think he's not too tall :twisted:

David Bowie - tempting but he's too quirky I think. Maybe for the Horned Man? Although again there I'm seeing Tim Curry as he loves the ham (Legend remember?) :lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Kladivo » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:56 am

Jan Van Quirm wrote:
Kladivo wrote:What about Peter Weller? He's the right age now. Agent Smith of Rivendell?

I think you mean Hugo Weaving don't you Kladivo?

They were supposed to be two separate candidates, sorry, I didn't make it clear enough :)
And Hugo as V is not a great recommendation, after all he's not done so much acting, as miming there :)
Duvvelsheyss!
Kladivo

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:03 pm

It wasn't the talking parts I was thinking of there with V :wink:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby chris.ph » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:10 pm

i loved the v speech in v for vendetta absolutely brilliant :D
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Dandelion » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:23 pm

I have to admit, that ever since I've seen Blackadder II, I imagined Vetinari to bear an awful resemblance to how Rowan Atkinson looked in that role.

And Stephen Fry - Lord Melchett in Blackadder II - would be my Archchancellor Ridcully.

If there ever has to be done a casting for Nanny Ogg one shouldn't need to look further than to Patsy Byrne - Nursie in Blackadder II.

I also deem the humor in Blackadder II (especially the first szenes..) quite... Pterryesque...

"So young man, you got yourself a job.. what do they call You?" - "Kate." - "Kate? Isn't that a bit of a.. girls name?" - "Oh.. it's uhm.. short for... Bob"
Fabricati Diem, Pvnk!
Dandelion

Postby Soong » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:26 pm

Dandelion wrote:I have to admit, that ever since I've seen Blackadder II, I imagined Vetinari to bear an awful resemblance to how Rowan Atkinson looked in that role.

Genius :)
Soong

Postby chris.ph » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:30 pm

welcome to the site soong :)
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Cheery » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:30 pm

Welcome Soong!
Cheery

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:49 pm

And welcome from me too! :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Dotsie » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:59 pm

Welcome Soong - go on, give us another word! :D
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby chris.ph » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:08 pm

Watchman44 wrote:Rob Terry in action....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJJwx1O5HsI
He's almost got the costume already :lol:

if you read this a while ago you will know i used to train with this jammy git, he is now part of the tna's british invasion and doing very well the git :lol: :evil: :lol:
chris.ph

Carrot

Postby Zee Zee » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:52 pm

Suddenly realised I had seen Carrot on TV last night, or the actor that could play him, reasonably well known in the U.S. & Canada but not not so much here. The Canadian Actor Micheal Shanks who is best know as Dr. Danial Jackson in the Series Stargate SG1. quite a versatile Actor who although tends to play academics and nerds is tall and built like a brick youknowhat house. Veternari I would really want Alan Rickman. For Vimes, Colon & Nobby you could not go far wrong with the e characters from Life on Mars Gene Hunt (Phillip Glenister0 ,his 2 sidekicks Ray(Dean Andrews) and Chirs (Marshall Lancaster)
Will somebody get all the Tribbles of the bridge
Zee Zee

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:01 pm

Hi Zee Zee, welcome to the site. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Cheery » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:17 pm

Hi Zee zee! I really like your choice for Nobby. He would be brilliant!
Cheery

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre