The "I shall wear midnight" thread

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

The "I shall wear midnight" thread

Postby Tristan » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:51 pm

This is the official thread about the next Discworld book, the final story about Tiffany Aching, "I shall wear midnight".

When do you think it will be published? What do you expect from it? And if someone has any details (Who's Wee Dug :twisted: ), give them as soon as possible!

Personally I can't wait to read the book! I love Tiffany and the witches, and I'm really curious about what Pterry will think of next! And I hope it's published before the summer next year! :D
"...my father is the Emperor of Klatch and my mother is a small tray of raspberry puddings."
Tristan

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:52 pm

Terry has said that Esk will be making an appearance in the book. :)

There has been some talk of Tiffany taking over from Granny. I don't think so as Tiffany is tied to the Chalk and will always have to go back there. She is the 'Hag o the Hills' and that's where she is most powerful.

I wonder if her relationship with Roland will get stronger or weaker. :?
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:37 pm

I have never read the Tiffany novels :oops: beter get starting :P
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:42 pm

OMG Tristan I LOVE that saying in your new avatar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to print a huge copy of it for my brother in law! I truly enjoyed Dorfl and Constable Visit and ALL the priests arguing that athiests MUST believe in Gods in order to refute them. His reasoning was that a True Athiest would not have to worry about BEING an atheist as there would be nothing to refute.
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:45 pm

Sjoerd3000 wrote:I have never read the Tiffany novels :oops: beter get starting :P

If you start with The Wee Free Men Sjoerd, and stick through it, I can promise you will actually like them. The Pictsies are unbelievably funny and have had me running to the bathroom in order not to mess meself. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Tiffany is also an incredibly smart witch from the start, she just does not know it yet.
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:51 pm

Thanks Tina probably will visit the bookstore tomorrow :D
The Tiffany novels and the amazing maurice are the only Discworld novels I haven't read yet :oops:
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Bickaxe » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:04 pm

Terry talked a bit about the book during the weekend.

Not saying anymore than that though :twisted: :P
Fiendish til the en-
:twisted:
Bickaxe

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:52 pm

Sjoerd3000 wrote:I have never read the Tiffany novels :oops: beter get starting :P

Oh no, you Must read them, they are really something! You can't go on living without knowing Rob Anybody and his horde !!!
Start from the wee free man and go on in order, to see Tiffany and her relationship with Granny and other witches grow.
I love Miss Tick!!
I really can't wait to read I shall wear midnight :)
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:42 pm

Bickaxe wrote:Terry talked a bit about the book during the weekend.

Not saying anymore than that though :twisted: :P
Except Tiffany get tae go tae AM. See you Bigjobs wur lips ur sealed an the book gonna be a stottur. :twisted: :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:46 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:Except Tiffany goes to AM.

:D :D can't wait :)

ehm, what's a stotir?
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:11 pm

Its a Scottish slang word (literary meaning bouncing) which means really good which is how the Feggles speak if you have read the books so far you may come across similar words you have a problem with. :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:18 pm

CrysaniaMajere wrote:

Oh no, you Must read them, they are really something! You can't go on living without knowing Rob Anybody and his horde !!!
Start from the wee free man and go on in order, to see Tiffany and her relationship with Granny and other witches grow.
I love Miss Tick!!
I really can't wait to read I shall wear midnight :)

I ordered a second hand version of The wee free men today, hope it gets here soon :P Now I can go on living :wink:
Sjoerd3000

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:57 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:Its a Scottish slang word (literary meaning bouncing) which means really good which is how the Feggles speak if you have read the books so far you may come across similar words you have a problem with. :lol:

Thanks, as a matter of fact I had some difficulty reading the free-men-talking, but I managed to understand them eventually, even if I've no idea how, thinking of it now I hope I really understood them, the sure thing is that I loved them totally, funny and adorable :D (well, if they're not in your home obviously) :lol:

Sjoerd3000 wrote:Now I can go on living :wink:

And I'm very happy about it!!!! :P
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:11 pm

If you need any help just ask, being Scottish I don't have a problem with the meanings, even though Terry used some glaswegian slang and some Scots dilect spoken in the venacular ie! local dialect. :)
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tristan » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:55 pm

Come on! You have to tell us everything! Otherwise... you'll change the destiny of millions of people, causing a major... well, major problems to our world. The last time someone decided not to tell something, he caused the Financial Crisis to happen. :lol:
"...my father is the Emperor of Klatch and my mother is a small tray of raspberry puddings."
Tristan

Next

Return to Latest books