wyrd stuff

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

wyrd stuff

Postby silverstreak » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:39 pm

On the homepage there has been an item flagged up called wyrd stuff details of which are 'coming soon'.Anyone know what this wyrd stuff is?
Dark in here isn't it.
silverstreak

Postby chris.ph » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:47 pm

i think thats a qustion for our mod with a big stick

ive got a weird one tho
my partner took my stepson to llanelli to buy a pair of jeans in the shop they went to there was an offer on get two pairs for £30 even tho some of the jeans were £50 a pair. the assisstant told my partner that the man whod just walked out of the shop had insisted on buying just one pair of jeans FOR 50 QUID when the fool could have bought 2 pairs for £30 bloody weird if you ask me :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby silverstreak » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:54 pm

chris.ph wrote:i think thats a qustion for our mod with a big stick

ive got a weird one tho
my partner took my stepson to llanelli to buy a pair of jeans in the shop they went to there was an offer on get two pairs for £30 even tho some of the jeans were £50 a pair. the assisstant told my partner that the man whod just walked out of the shop had insisted on buying just one pair of jeans FOR 50 QUID when the fool could have bought 2 pairs for £30 bloody weird if you ask me :lol:

He's probably a visiting jack.
Dark in here isn't it.
silverstreak

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:58 pm

:lol: PMSL!
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby chris.ph » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:27 pm

mmmmmm :lol: :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby PJ » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:48 pm

Hi, everyone. Just like a large turd, I dropped this into another thread, so apologies if you have seen it before and responded (already flushed!).

If anyone is interested, I am currently involved with a new production of Wyrd Sisters, to be performed at Kelvedon in Essex at the end of October / beginning of November 2008. Details can be found on our website at: www.kelvedonplayers.co.uk .

Our first night is on Friday 24th October, then on Saturday 25th, Friday 31st (Halloween - when we are asking our audience to come dressed in Halloween costume!), and Saturday 1st November (also a Fancy Dress Night - come dressed as your favourite Terry Pratchett character!).

It's been a real hoot working on the rehearsals, and we have arranged a number of other surprises for our audiences. TP and Simon Briggs have been invited, naturally, but I'd be staggered / gobsmacked / honoured if they turned up!

I'd also be very interested to find out how other amateur groups have put a production of this kind together, or to hear your views on any TP production you have watched from the audience.

I'll let you know in November how it went for us - wish us luck (or just say "break a leg")!! Whatever happens, as Duke Felmet would say, we're just - "a bunch of funny fellows in tights, but people seem to like it!"

Regards, PJ.
Alle thee Dysk's a Stage, and Alle thee Players are Pretty Wyrd, Too!
PJ

Postby silverstreak » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:57 pm

Hi pj.how did Wyrd Sisters get on.I trust you had them rolling in the aisles.
Dark in here isn't it.
silverstreak

Postby coppertopchopperhopper » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:05 pm

PJ wrote:If anyone is interested, I am currently involved with a new production of Wyrd Sisters, to be performed at Kelvedon in Essex at the end of October / beginning of November 2008. Details can be found on our website at: www.kelvedonplayers.co.uk .

Our first night is on Friday 24th October, then on Saturday 25th, Friday 31st

Hey there PJ and i hope the play went well, I'd have loved to have seen it but don't live anywhere near you! :lol:

Did Terry Come? He came to the Kennet Amateur Theatrical Society's 'Moving Pictures' - but maybe that was just because it was a new adaptaion. It was great and i hope yours was too.
"Show us yer Knickers!"
coppertopchopperhopper

Return to The Broken Drum