To give you a couple of days to familiarise yourselves with the rules and characters before gameplay begins (although we are following the same format as before), this is how it's going to look:
Wolfgang ~ A vicious and seemingly indestructible werewolf. You were head of a pack of werewolves that has now dwindled to a mere two, biding your time prowling the forests of Uberwald. Desperate for the taste of human flesh once more, you have returned to the town of Bonk, where no-one remembers your day time face…
Fangua ~ One-time lover of Wolfgang, and now the only family he has left. A merciless killer, you would follow your man anywhere - even into the town of Bonk, and the jaws of death.
Lady Margolotta ~ A teetotal vampire, who has sensed the proximity of the werewolves. Concerned for the townsfolk, you invite individuals to your castle during the night phase in order to learn more about your guest. You will discover whether or not your choice is a killer, BUT you will not be able to stop the killing during the night phase. You may not invite the same person twice in a row.
Igor ~ A master with a scalpel and an expert at stitching people up, your master Dr Dotsie Von Finkelstein (mad scientist and genius) has given you special instructions and each night you will choose one of the townspeople you consider most at risk to guard. Whoever you choose to protect will survive any attempt at werewolf attack for that night only. However, if you’ve chosen a person who also has some ability of their own, then they cannot use that ability for the night you’re protecting them. You cannot choose to protect the same person twice in a row, nor are you immune to attack yourself.
1. No arguing with the Narrator in the main thread. All queries, post mortems or requests for elaboration to be done in the “What do I do now?” thread or by PM if it’s something you cannot discuss in public.
2. When formally voting for someone to be treated as a prime suspect (and taken into safe custody) please make this crystal clear as in “I vote for Mr/Ms X as prime suspect” - or use block capitals etc etc. Do the same sort of thing if you change you mind and want to vote for someone else or to abstain/withdraw your vote - remember you can change your vote up to 3 times during each day phase.
3. Make sure you never reveal your true role to anyone (unless you’re a killer in which case you will know who you’re working with) unless the Narrator says you can – else you’ll end up dead or locked up much quicker…
4. Try not to get too upset with what happens once the killings start - it’s a fun game to play so keep it light-hearted. If you do get lynched you can still take part as a Gawper! – Dr Dotsie Von Finkelstein reanimates those who have been lynched so you can gawp, but not take part in voting of course.
5. Gawpers you may post during the Day Phases, but you may not vote for anyone
6. No posting during a night phase – Gawpers this means you too!
7. Anyone revealing the contents of a PM will be lynched immediately! PMing is really against the spirit of the game, but I can’t stop you… just don’t talk about it, and don’t come running to me if it turns out you’ve been cosying up to a werewolf.
8. Anyone taking part will be a candidate for a special role. This includes:
Jan Van Quirm
Tina a.k.a. Susan Sto Helit
Day phases: These last between 4 – 7 real time days to allow the players time to post and to vote for a likely suspect to be taken into safe custody. If everyone has voted by the 4th day then the Narrator will close the voting and announce the start of the…
Night phase: These will generally last up to 48 hours to allow all 4 special roles to PM the Narrator with their decisions.
You have been warned!
Further information on gameplay will available in a “What do I do now?” thread where you can post if you need to do so away from the game thread.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!