I Shall Wear Midnight *Spoilers*

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: I Shall Wear Midnight *Spoilers*

Postby fids » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:34 pm

Tonyblack wrote:I'm also rereading it at the moment and thoroughly enjoying it. Appaently, Terry has said he's working on another Tiffany book. :)

There's a wee bit of me that enjoy's Tiff more than the Watch so I hope so :clap:
You may be a King or a simple road sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
fids

Postby Mixa » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:40 pm

About who is in the cover... I think is an older Tiffany as well (because she wears the silver hare).

About the play on words... Yes, it was clever! The Spanish translation can't reflect is so well because there are two diferent verbs for each action: when you “marry someone” (in the bride and groom way) in Spanish is (literally) “to marry with someone”, so they saved the play on words saying that yes, in fact Tiffany is with Roland when he marries Letitia.

About Esk appearance... For me is one of the best parts of the book (if not the best)!!!
Oh, I was SO happy and moved! Because “Equal Rites” really hooked me to Discworld so... Fond memories came to me! :D

About another Tiffany book... Why? I really liked how Pratchett finishes the plot and I thought it was the end of the series. Up to now I prefer ISWM as the last Tiffany book especially because, although I like it, her series is not one of my favourites.

Mx
The good judgement is in the little book
Mixa

Postby Discworldpadawan » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:26 pm

Mixa wrote:About another Tiffany book... Why? I really liked how Pratchett finishes the plot and I thought it was the end of the series.

I thought Tiff was given a good ending in this book, kinda will she - wont - she end up with Preston, - it could be left at that, but the scope is there for developement. But the reason I would like to see another Tiffany book is more for the Feegles shennanigans than to see what happenes to Tiffany next :lol:
A Nod is the same as a wink to a blind horse . . .
Discworldpadawan

Postby NineTenthsMadness » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:48 pm

I think Tiffany Aching is the sub-"series" of books I have read the most, even though she isn't my favourite. Tthat is not to say, though, that I don't like her - on the opposite, I absolutely adore Tiffany and the Feegles! Its just that reading Tiffany's personal story arc takes way less time than reading, Vimes, for example, or Granny Weatherway - okay, bad examples, maybe, since Vimes has almost as many cameos as Death and Granny Weatherwax's books include the TA books.

What I wanted to say, perhaps is: I love Tiffany Aching's books. In fact, the second Tffany Aching book was what got me back into Discworld after 10-15ish years of not having read another one (my previous experiences were, let's say, not crowned with success). I have to admit, the first time I read it I couldn't really appreciate "I Shall Wear Midnight" for reasons you all might guess (Tiffany/Roland *cough*), though I recently reread it, and it *is*, and always was, a great book. Even though I haven't yet read her book, I knew a fair bit about Esk, and so was thrilled when rumors said she'd return. In the end, I thought it was the perfect ending to Tiff's story arc, so I was a bit puzzled when a new book was announced, but I still look forward to it.
NineTenthsMadness

I Shall Wear Midnight

Postby Wyrdskein » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:07 am

Just about to start reading this, after Snuff (which I enjoyed). I have stopped listening to the audiobooks, as I think Pratchett is probably better read than heard, although Stephen Briggs does an admiral job with the difficult, later books.
Doomed to be free.
Wyrdskein

Previous

Return to Discworld novels