Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Osiris Ritual George Mann

Postby Lady Vetinari » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:11 pm

Going to try a new Author found in the Sci Fi

There is one book before this so not too out of sync -

George Mann

Osiris Ritual

Death Stalks London ...
and the newspapers proclaim that a mummy's curse has been unleashed. Sir Maurice Newbury, Gentleman Investigator for the Crown, is drawn into a web of occult intrigue as he attempts to solve the murders. And he soon finds himself on the trail of a rogue agent - a man who died to be reborn as a living weapon. Newbury's able assistant, Miss Veronica Hobbes, has her own mystery to unravel. Girls are going missing from a magician's theatre show. But what appears to be a straightfoward investigation puts Miss Hobbes in mortal danger. Can Newbury save his assistant, solve the riddle of the mummy's curse, capture the deadly man-machine - and stop the terrifying Osiris Ritual from reaching its infernal culmination?

The second Newbury and Hobbes adventure is a thrilling mystery featuring rooftop chases, swordfights, an exhilarating steampunk car chase, and a race through the London Underground.

Depending on how engrossing it is my review should follow shortly!
Who Watches The WatchMan?

Lady Vetinari

Postby chris.ph » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:57 pm

that sounds like the first pax brittania novel i will go and have a look to see if i can find it.

i like steampunk novels :)
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby chris.ph » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:44 pm

no i havent read them so ive ordered the first one "affinity bridge" to see wot its like :)

and will people stop recommending authors on here as i am murder for ordering them to have a nose and i think the boss is going to ban me from amazon again shortly :lol: :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Lady Vetinari » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:56 pm

Really sorry Chris' Boss... I try not to but I read the first few chapters last night and so far so good.
Who Watches The WatchMan?

Lady Vetinari

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:02 pm

chris.ph wrote:no i havent read them so ive ordered the first one "affinity bridge" to see wot its like :)

and will people stop recommending authors on here as i am murder for ordering them to have a nose and i think the boss is going to ban me from amazon again shortly :lol: :lol:
Chris is that the boss at home or at work. :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby chris.ph » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:36 pm

im the boss in work so its definately the stroppy little italian i live with :lol:
chris.ph

Postby chuffed » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:31 pm

Read that just after Christmas and since got the Affinity Bridge too, very enjoyable books and looking forward to the new one coming out.

one down side to them is the heroes "problem" I use this to make sure I don't spoil it for anyone who is about to read them!
chuffed

Return to Non-Discworld books