GUILDTY! the Ankh-Morpork Whodunnit Game

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby poohcarrot » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:52 am

poohcarrot wrote: If Sjoerd IS innocent, then I will shave my head, put on sack cloth and ashes and become a monk.

Just an update.

I shaved my head - I do every month.
I tried to buy a sack cloth, but they didn't have one in my size.
And ashes are just sooo last year!
I went to join a monastry but they wouldn't let me in coz I don't belive in God. Bl**dy elitism, I call it!
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:56 am

Thank you Jan :D
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:36 pm

Well pooh - you wouldn't want to belong any religious community that'd let you join would you? :lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohcarrot » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:51 pm

They let me join this one, didn't they? :lol:
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:51 pm

but it ain't religious here is it - unless you count Om? You're safe here poor little lost lambikins or was it a goat...? :P
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohcarrot » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:19 pm

Isn't atheism a religion?
poohcarrot

Postby Lady Vetinari » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:22 pm

If you believe in it strong enough ... I suppose so ...In DW you could create the first God in Denial ... (what me guv? I never dun nuffin!) :twisted:
Who Watches The WatchMan?

Lady Vetinari

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:44 pm

Atheism? If there's no god there's no religion is there - can't have it both ways smartypants. :lol: You can be a fanatic about there not being a god which can grow to Torquemada proportions (only still not believing in a god(s) naturally).

Personally I find it easier to just take the p*ss rather than have stand up rows about it - but I do tend to reserve that just for Catholics since I know the score there and leave other sects to themselves as they don't really interest me as such. Atheism is about god and the lack of them - that's why it has the 'THE'.

If you believe in evolution or UFOs or whatever then those ain't a god either are they, but it's still belief of a kind though you can get 'religious' about if it approaches religious fervour but it's still not a god so it ain't religious at all. Just something you're fanatical about. Fanatics of any type tend to be hugely boring I find, but that's just me - I haven't got the energy or will to argue it... :twisted:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Dotsie » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:11 am

Jan, why would you say "evolution or UFOs or whatever". Evolution isn't exactly on a par with UFOs or whatever you know!
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:32 pm

One man's Oojamaflipinsaurus is another man's ET antennae - those little green b*ggers get around you know! :wink: Have you not seen Stargate? Those aliens with their Chariots of the Gods have been around dipping their pinkies in wizard's sandwiches and slurping primeval soup like it's going out of fashion since the dawnatime :P

I could decide to worship my PC monitor (and I do actually it's really nice!) but it's not a god and I know it. Very confusing thing is belief when it comes to deities - you gotta have faith whilst suspending belief so if you're absolutely certain then off flies faith and you're out in the cold with your sandwich board... :shock:

Got any primeval soup on ya guv'nor? :?
Jan Van Quirm

Previous

Return to Games