"What The Hell Do I Do Now?" Thread ~ GUILDTY!

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:47 pm

But a little sorry I didn't play angua... well, no matter, after all, given the circumstances I'm pleased I came out alive :)

To run a game like this is necessary to be available on line all week?? Or could two or three time be sufficient?
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:32 pm

Sorry Crysania - just lost the post I was replying to you :? Time/availability is an important factor, especially for the key roles which is why I decided to re-draw Angua as aside from being important to the game, because she has an investigative function ideally it needs the player to be able to follow the game closely and even then the player can get confuddled so, as you'd said you'd not be around the whole time I factored that into the deadlines and reassigned the part to someone else. With hindsight 'Angua' was fated not to played too much - it didn't matter too much but if pooh had been Angua for instance, then things might have turned out rather better - or worse, so my playing the odds was all for nothing really.

A random casting is really the fairest (and funniest) way so I've learned a lesson here too, but next time we set up the sign up will be more transparent so we can tailor the availability of those who do want to play a full part so we adjust the deadlines to allow everyone to get in and vote reliably and have a set starting deadline too. thelibrarian missed out there 'cos he was on holiday and if I'd know we could have been starting this weekend for instance...

GLad you enjoyed yourself anyway :wink:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:54 pm

:)

What I was asking is : to do what you did on this game one need to be available all week? (:) i'd like to do a game maybe, i was just thinking of it, but I won't be here more than three time a week)
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:01 pm

Yup. If I know when people can get in then we can pick a posting window that everyone can make and maybe get it going a bit faster :wink:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:28 pm

Ok i'll wait for your next game.

Hope next time we'll have much more players, because with seven it ends too soon
CrysaniaMajere

Postby poohcarrot » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:38 am

I think it would be fair if one of the winners organised the next game. They could also decide if they wanted to choose the characters at random or not. Also choose the place.

I'd like to have the opportunity to stab Dotsie in the back while she's sleeping, but couldn't if she organised it. :(

Howsabout it Mrs D?

(Then it would give me a chance to go after Jan Van Squirm. :twisted:)
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:38 am

Well the poll's getting to be conclusive now so that's a group decision more, but certainly if Dotsie or Bikkit would like a go at running it :lol:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohcarrot » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:32 pm

Dunmanifestin (can't be bothered to check the spelling) would be good.

It would also be funny if everyone chose a DW character and played as them. It'd be a bit confusing with the names though, coz of your avatar plus your character. Everytime you posted you could dress up (in the privacy of your own home) as that character. :lol:
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:20 pm

Why Master Pooh - that's alarmingly close to roleplay isn't it? Thought you didn't approve of that? :P :twisted: :lol:

Also do I get the impression that you don't like Uberwald as a venue? Does it help if I tell you that another name for this game is Werewolf? :D

But yes, that would be even more fun (as was 'doing Death' during the more formal raps on the knuckles and writing the faux press reports in the outcome posts for vote and night activities) - all adds to the contextual environment as we progress through the gameplay. :lol: In other words you get down and dirty with the story and become a more realistic part of the action such as it is. :wink:
It wouldn't effect the secret roles as we just wouldn't name them at the outset, only describe the killers and cops motivation or allegiances - in the last game I was in on an LotR forum I was Saruman (killer) but on the thread I was my usual Elf character and arguing as such and in another the same person in the thread covering an unnamed assassin role. Saruman was much more fun - especially as I 'accidently' managed to get Sauron lynched :twisted:

OK - enough sparring, let's see if Dotsie or Bikkit want to run a new thread rather than play it. What do you say to being games-mistress ladies? I can give you generalised help with the set up, a vague plotline and the types of cop/killer characters to throw into the mix or some of that if you have ideas of your own - so long as I'm not party to the secret role assignments it's 'safe' for me to play as it's the same 'detectoring' method for all of them :wink:

If you want to 'pass' on running the game and if people want to take the 'proper' or canon character option then I'm happy to run it again but I could gawp rather than play officially (this was more or less what I was doing anyway, except I was covering all the bases in argument), but as an official gawper character I can be more partisan... :lol:

Any other thoughts on this? :)
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Dotsie » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:21 pm

Well heck I don't mind. Anything to make sure doesn't stab me whilst I'm sleeping (what's he doing in the Dotsie bedroom anyway?) :P
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby poohcarrot » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:18 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:Why Master Pooh - that's alarmingly close to roleplay isn't it? Thought you didn't approve of that? :P :twisted: :lol:

I don't!

It was a joke.

:lol: :lol:
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:27 pm

WHERE'S THAT BLESSED SCYTHE?!!!!
Jan Van Quirm

Postby bikkit » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:03 am

Can I play? It's fun

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:33 pm

Course you can hon - :D

We'll need an experienced killer who knows when to zip it :wink:
Jan Van Quirm

Previous

Return to Games