GUILDTY! the Ankh-Morpork Whodunnit Game

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Dotsie » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:53 am

poohcarrot wrote:Nice to have you back Dotsie. :lol:

For the last two weeks there's been an indecisive, inoffensive, girlie, wimpy imposter that's been claiming to be you. :twisted:

:lol: Whatever dude, we won! :P
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby poohcarrot » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:08 am

Yeah, but you're on the run, everyone else was banged up or bumped off, so the only person who can carry on with his life as before is me, babe. :lol:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby cols » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:34 am

Well played girlies and apologies pooh ,am chumping down on some humble pie now!!
cols

Postby poohcarrot » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:17 pm

Not all atheists are bad people. And vica versa. :lol:
poohcarrot

Postby poohcarrot » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:36 pm

If you get killed in the first round, it's purely random. This might sound strange, but I wouldn't mind getting the chop first go round. You could then be a gawper with a thirst for revenge and make as many comments as you wanted. You wouldn't have to lie and you would just look at the game objectively, as opposed to when you're a player.

You could be a Vetinari-like Puppet Master! :twisted:

For example in the last game you could have asked;

1. Why is Bikkit making loads of posts on other threads, but ignoring this one like the plague?
or
2. Why do Dotsie and Bikkit always vote together?

Just a thought. :P
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:01 pm

pooh wrote:If you get killed in the first round, it's purely random. This might sound strange, but I wouldn't mind getting the chop first go round. You could then be a gawper with a thirst for revenge and make as many comments as you wanted. You wouldn't have to lie and you would just look at the game objectively, as opposed to when you're a player....
And you STILL tripped yourself up? PMSL :D

But you're right - I had a ball just by chipping in and pointing out the logic paths, but the smaller the group the more illogical/noisy/protective the atmos gets. I was hoping Sjoerd would protect thelibrarian after the first vote off ousting cols/Angua, but he was more concerned that you were shouting your mouth off so entertainingly that you'd be in danger... :lol: Dotsie and Bikkit weren't interested in you at all at that stage and went for the one 'quiet' and unrepresented playing place which was obviously vulnerable, although I think Dotsie may have changed her mind by that stage as I'd made such a fuss about absentee places perhaps being of advantage to keep in and also gain a more active/'gullible' player in Lady Vee. :wink:

By knowing each other from the start the killers actually do have the advantage throughout, even though outnumbered and that's why the cop roles are so important, because they can then start to eliminate people taken in for questioning or protected during the night phases and using the info to influence the voting phases. :twisted:

It is a game but it's one where everyone can get very confused very easily... :D
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Dotsie » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:59 pm

poohcarrot wrote:For example in the last game you could have asked;

1. Why is Bikkit making loads of posts on other threads, but ignoring this one like the plague?
or

Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing? Loser :lol:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Kladivo » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:16 pm

Erm... I was just trying to work it out and am still not really sure. Is another game coming? Is it going to be in Uberwald? can I come?

And to add - have I just posted it in the wrong topic as well?
Duvvelsheyss!
Kladivo

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:20 pm

:D Course you can join in Kladivo - we're talking about it more in HERE just now and we also have a poll thread HERE for some other options and suggestions on venue. Haven't quite decided when it'll run but it'll be weeks rather than months :wink:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Kladivo » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:27 pm

Yep, voted already. I'll keep an eye then :)
Duvvelsheyss!
Kladivo

Postby bikkit » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:31 pm

I advise everyone to try to be the killer. it's fun!

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby poohcarrot » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:21 pm

Dotsie wrote:
poohcarrot wrote:For example in the last game you could have asked;

or

Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing? Loser :lol:

I really do prefer this version (Dotsie 1.0) :lol:

Were you feeling sorry for us and just trying to give us all a chance when you posted that ridiculous "I vote for Bikkit - oops - I can't find the erase button so I'll vote for Crysania instead" ?

Or was it over-cofidence?
poohcarrot

Postby poohcarrot » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:07 am

Ooh crikey! I've just realised something. :shock:

Amidst all the back-slapping, congratulating, apologising and forgiving, I forgot the most important bit. :oops:

THANKS JAN!

You were brill! :P
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:48 am

I know! :twisted: *bows*

Thank you all for playing so entertainingly :wink:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Dotsie » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:19 pm

Yes, thanks Jan :D

poohcarrot wrote:Were you feeling sorry for us and just trying to give us all a chance when you posted that ridiculous "I vote for Bikkit - oops - I can't find the erase button so I'll vote for Crysania instead" ?

No, that was a "I'll make them think that bikkit & I aren't in this together, so I'll vote for her the first time but then change it to the first poor sod that someone gives their last vote to, so that this person will definitely get three votes & me & bikkit will be safe". :P

PS I don't think you're supposed to erase votes. That's why you get three & only three, you cheeky pooh you.
Dotsie

PreviousNext

Return to Games