Discworld Mod for Skyrim

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Discworld Mod for Skyrim

Postby ddproductions83 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:26 am

Sooo two things on todays update
We received our first user submitted citizens, only one of which I put in so far (I only got the second one like 20 min ago and I'm going to bed so weee)

Secondly, I believe we have made the third area in our first introductory dungeon maybe a little too easy

We promise to up the difficulty in further dungeons

As a 'pat ourselves on the back" note, the moving platforms with physics was a 6 hour long endeavor that we are almost positive no one has ever really pulled off correctly, including Bethesda themselves. Figuring them out took 6 hours, that room took less than 60 min lol.

Once again, we could really really use writers. I am only writing one quest at a time then implementing it. And my knowledge of discworld is minor due to my ability to forget everything ever. We could really use some people on board to write and think up quest ideas and scenarios that would work.

As it sits now if you can think it we can do it.

Our quest with Sam Vimes will be helping solve a goblin murder and part of it will be reliving the goblins harrowing escape from a fort where you play as the goblin ALA assassins creed how they live through the memories. We are breaking the failed scripting language of the game one day at a time so we are relatively sure we can program almost anything into it at this point :)
ddproductions83

Postby ddproductions83 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:40 pm

Well we have another spell to add to the persistent sidequest of "Librarians Going Bananas" Where you collect bananas as a currency to get spells from the librarian

Possession is still in alpha stages but working
And now we have magic meteor

This one was like all f'ing me so I'm proud of my self

Meteor shower coming soon
ddproductions83

Postby ddproductions83 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:17 am

Took a break from writing the script to work on another function we can call anywhere to add more puzzle solving to the boring hack and slash of skyrim, Discworld is shaping up to at least have very awesome dungeons even if I fubar the dialogue

ddproductions83

Postby ddproductions83 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:13 pm

Update
Scripts and roles are up for first few quests if anyone is interested in voice acting

http://voiceacting.proboards.com/thread/26807/skyrim-discworld-tested-pratchett-approved
ddproductions83

Postby ddproductions83 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:54 am

Ok I really need help here
As far as the main quests etc I am handling those but what I am lacking is conversation lines, combat lines idles hello goodbyes that would be appropriate for the characters

There is relatively no limit to what I can add I just lack the ability or confidence to do the random dialogue, especially after bastardizing whole books into a few hours of quests, it's painful.

So if anyone wants to help and think up things the player would say to a character and what they would respond with etc or just idle lines or combat taunts etc, I am getting the following characters into game in the next week or two and have a lot of voice actor roles filled so they are ready to record

And remember you have to take it from a perspective of someone who has no idea what is going on, so you cant just bust in and have the player ask a question they wouldn't have a clue to ask :P

Thanks in advance, and trust me adding lines is easy as shit writing them is a nightmare for me. Takes approx 1 min for me to put a line in game so be creative

Cohen
Bethan
Nobby Nobs
Sam Vimes
Angua Von Uberwald
Moist Von Lipwig
Rufus Drumknot
Fred Colon
Maybe some for Vetinari
ddproductions83

Postby Bickaxe » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:00 pm

The possibilities for lines are endless and if I had more time I would jump on board and send you lines, quests etc... as I already run a few rpg's DnD style.

Whats your time scale for this and what are the chance of it waiting a while until I finish a few projects I'm already involved with? I ask as I have hardly any free time at the moment to do a decent job on it.

Can it wait until May for instance?
If I send you some material I've written for a Pathfinder game, would you be able to adapt it?
Fiendish til the en-
:twisted:
Bickaxe

Postby ddproductions83 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:16 pm

I could probably adapt a lot of stuff. I am good at messing around with shit to get it to fit just for some reason I am overly nitpicky on my writing skills and it physically and emotionally drains me. I honestly don't get it but to each his own my brain just hates writing apparently. Building whole game worlds and programming it a go, writing /wrists lol

The timetable is pretty long honestly. We are probably implementing 6 hour sor so of game every 1.5-2.5 months and gettting voice actors for the roles needed and getting old voice actors to record new lines for the characters already in place in each stage so lines whenever shouldn't hurt too much. I am trying to vet the VA's pretty decently so we have ones that are around to stay and do more lines in the future as we add more quests etc

A lot of the quests have multiple parts to do After the main part is completed it's just we are focusing on all the main parts first, optional after.

So TL:DR
We got time, sooner is always better as VA's tend to take their time lol but we should be ok
ddproductions83

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:56 pm

ddproductions83 wrote:Ok I really need help here
As far as the main quests etc I am handling those but what I am lacking is conversation lines, combat lines idles hello goodbyes that would be appropriate for the characters

There is relatively no limit to what I can add I just lack the ability or confidence to do the random dialogue, especially after bastardizing whole books into a few hours of quests, it's painful.

So if anyone wants to help and think up things the player would say to a character and what they would respond with etc or just idle lines or combat taunts etc, I am getting the following characters into game in the next week or two and have a lot of voice actor roles filled so they are ready to record

And remember you have to take it from a perspective of someone who has no idea what is going on, so you cant just bust in and have the player ask a question they wouldn't have a clue to ask :P

Thanks in advance, and trust me adding lines is easy as shit writing them is a nightmare for me. Takes approx 1 min for me to put a line in game so be creative

Cohen = where ish the soft lavy/toilet paper
Bethan
Nobby Nobs
Sam Vimes
Angua Von Uberwald
Moist Von Lipwig
Rufus Drumknot
Fred Colon
Maybe some for Vetinari
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby ddproductions83 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:07 am

Well mini update, about to start rickrolling the first 3 major quests so will update more often, been waiting on assets and roles etc
Meet Inma the mended drums innkeeper

ddproductions83

Postby ddproductions83 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:59 am

Well long time no update
So far The COhen Questline is implemented and Going Postal is partway done for part 1
Snuff will be next and already have the framework in for a Nobby/Colon Sidequest that is pretty epic on its own and involves fiery chickens of death
Also have a sidequest in that involves a Small God of mudcrabs and another to get a existential sword
And last but 100% not least
Meet Dr Daisy

And something Involving the Nobby/Colon Sidequest spoiler
ddproductions83

Postby ddproductions83 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:26 am

MWAHAHAHAHHAHA
All in game 100%

Cohen and Vetinari coming soon
Vimes, Angua, Moist, Nobby and Colon soon to
ddproductions83

Postby ddproductions83 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:32 am

Vetinari Intro
Almost 100% how I want it weeeee

ddproductions83

Postby ddproductions83 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:08 am

Cohen Intro

ddproductions83

Postby ddproductions83 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:26 pm

In my constant diarrhea of updates
Finished the setup for intro credits, once again 100% ran in-game not a video edit or anything
ddproductions83

Postby ddproductions83 » Wed May 14, 2014 8:40 pm

Trailer May 14
ddproductions83

PreviousNext

Return to Games