Clarecraft Figures

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Clarecraft Figures

Postby kizkiz » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:42 am

Any progress on this one yet mad?
kizkiz

Postby The Mad Collector » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:11 pm

The way I was going to do it has been scuppered by the way Flickr has been changed which means the searchable photo album style isn't going to work anymore. Plans are afoot to launch a new website once I stop arguing with HMRC about paying VAT on things that they won't allow me to charge VAT on. Yeesh it's non-vatable so why do I have to then pay 20% VAT on all of it going back 2.5 years but was not allowed to charge people the VAT in the first place :shock:

rant over
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby simmonds91 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:28 pm

take the (swear)'s to court! the thieving (swear)'s!!!
Well, you know what they say. The past is a foreign country - - With an outdated military and huge oil reserves!
simmonds91

Postby petegolva » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:38 pm

Hi The only and best guide to the terry pratchett discworld/clarecraft colection is a loose leaf book by TRISH BAKER who used to work for clarecraft it is also a priceguide its called the colectors guide to discworld figureines ...theres allways one on ebay but dont pay more than £15 for one some silly buggers got one on for a hundred at the moment lol...
petegolva

Postby petegolva » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:49 pm

Im New here so hello everyone:} Iv been colecting sir terrys books and discworld figures for 10 years now and i have one which has me baffled can anyone help?? Its death and granny playing cards all the ones iv seen on ebay ant the photo in trishe's book show the cards face down the cards on the piece are white but mine has little hearts spades and diamonds on them...i spoke to joe patterson who remembers the piece (he made it!) but he wasnt sure about the cards he said that the girls in the paintshop used to get up to allsorts of funny business !! can anyone help please this might be a very rare 1 off ..ps its impecably painted and matches all my others so its not a paint your own..
petegolva

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:56 pm

Welcome to the site! :D I have no idea about your question, but I know a man who might.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby The Mad Collector » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:01 am

petegolva wrote:Hi The only and best guide to the terry pratchett discworld/clarecraft colection is a loose leaf book by TRISH BAKER who used to work for clarecraft it is also a priceguide its called the colectors guide to discworld figureines ...theres allways one on ebay but dont pay more than £15 for one some silly buggers got one on for a hundred at the moment lol...

The problem with the guide is that Trish only issued pages for a peice that was discontinued which means that there are lots of gaps. Also it was meant to be updated regularly but I think only 2 updates ever came out before Clarecraft went bust. The database I have is complementary to the book as it includes the missing figures and has quite a lot of photos but doesn't go into the level of detail of the book.

The Mad Collector

Postby The Mad Collector » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:16 am

petegolva wrote:Im New here so hello everyone:} Iv been colecting sir terrys books and discworld figures for 10 years now and i have one which has me baffled can anyone help?? Its death and granny playing cards all the ones iv seen on ebay ant the photo in trishe's book show the cards face down the cards on the piece are white but mine has little hearts spades and diamonds on them...i spoke to joe patterson who remembers the piece (he made it!) but he wasnt sure about the cards he said that the girls in the paintshop used to get up to allsorts of funny business !! can anyone help please this might be a very rare 1 off ..ps its impecably painted and matches all my others so its not a paint your own..

I think mine also has the cards painted, this is a link to a large photo of the peice where you can just see the cards on the table. I'm at work so cannot check the database or my peice closely

http://www.flickr.com/photos/djj_pictures/5422314986/sizes/o/in/set-72157624882715206/

The Mad Collector

Postby The Mad Collector » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:04 pm

Only an hour to go but this is a rare and very impressive peice if anyone is after it

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251426308115?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_234wt_1119

The Mad Collector

Postby chris.ph » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:40 pm

6 bids , 511 quid and 20 mins to go......... how much should it go for issshhhh mad?
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:30 pm

I take it you have that one Mad. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby The Mad Collector » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:37 pm

Yes I do have one and it made £569.51 which is probably about right for one without the box or tent card. I think it was originally £250 standard retail when I bought it although I got a discount from the shop as a regular customer

The Mad Collector

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:51 pm

Surprize, surprize. :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby chris.ph » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:02 am

how much would a boxed and carded one be worth approximately mad :?: :?:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby The Mad Collector » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:08 pm

They tend to go for between £750 and £850 although I saw one that only made £500 so somebody got a bargain

The Mad Collector

PreviousNext

Return to Terry Pratchett