I've Just Had An Email From Del

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: I've Just Had An Email From Del

Postby Del » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:44 pm

pip wrote:that is Halloween to be fair :D

and then there is Christmas, Easter, St Pats Day.... just wait til he hits school. You will need a costume cupboard for him.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby pip » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:51 pm

Well he loves capes so a superhero theme will work. :D
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:57 pm

:lol: Hi there Del - I thought this thread had suddenly had a lot of activity... :twisted:

Horrible for Truly and so glad she's out of danger now - and at least there's an upside for those scars on the neck for her zombie (or vampire) cozzies :shifty: :D

More news on novel v. soon as it's due out on Kindle imminently now (keep on checking Amazon every hour on the hour... :snooty: ) but having v.g. feedback from all kinds of readers who wouldn't normally have gone near it but found they really enjoyed it despite the 'challenging' content :P
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby pip » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:00 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote::lol: Hi there Del - I thought this thread had suddenly had a lot of activity... :twisted:

Horrible for Truly and so glad she's out of danger now - and at least there's an upside for those scars on the neck for her zombie (or vampire) cozzies :shifty: :D

More news on novel v. soon as it's due out on Kindle imminently now (keep on checking Amazon every hour on the hour... :snooty: ) but having v.g. feedback from all kinds of readers who wouldn't normally have gone near it but found they really enjoyed it despite the 'challenging' content :P

Lovely review on Amazon for it ;-)
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Del » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:19 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote::lol: Hi there Del - I thought this thread had suddenly had a lot of activity... :twisted:

challenging content... Jan would you rather write "down" for readers? Its good you are getting some good feedback from other readers who dont have ... a biased interest? Like being your friend? Told you it was good. I have to contact you.about ordering a copy. I have too... since i have been telling everyone here about it.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Catch-up » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:27 pm

OMG! OMG Del! :shock: Thank goodness Truly is alright! Give her a huge hug from me. One for yourself too. I cannot even imagine what you must have been going through. :( I felt like I couldn't breathe when I read that. I'm so glad you were in touch with Batty and Toothy through that.

Now that I can breathe again..... YAY! You're back! :D Hope we get to hear from you more often here.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Batty » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:11 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:Batty has 2 new babies, so she's not around here very much. I believe she may now be an expert on The Teletubbies, though!

Image Came as a surprise to me! I thought the bump was caused by me overindulging at Christmas!! Image

Thank Goodness Del now has a decent enough phone to access this site. My fingers have shrunk with all the typing and the 'keeping up to date' and everything! Image
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby wicked woman » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:07 pm

Hugs Del, I am so glad Truly is ok now. Great to see you back. :D
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:41 pm

Always good to see you, Del. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:03 pm

Just seen your posts Del nice to see you back, glad your family is Ok. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Quatermass » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:19 pm

And nice to see you back too, Del. :)

But will you be posting here on a regular basis again? :|
All you need to understand
Is everything you know is wrong!

-Weird Al Yankovic
Quatermass

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:59 pm

Del wrote:

challenging content... Jan would you rather write "down" for readers? Its good you are getting some good feedback from other readers who dont have ... a biased interest? Like being your friend? Told you it was good. I have to contact you.about ordering a copy. I have too... since i have been telling everyone here about it.

I believe you Del - you read Booker prize books after all! ;) You can get it in paperback here or your 'local' Amazon page ;)

No - I really meant one of my sisters actually, as she can't handle 'funny names' and whose favourite author was Jackie Collins (nothing wrong with Jackie BTW - just you tend not to have to use a dictionary or your imagination too much. :twisted: ) She read it a while ago when there were only about a half dozen chapters and didn't like it at all so I wasn't sure if she'd want another go and she loved it this time and even made herself go back a reread one bit because it made her cry :lol: Also she knows the bits that 'really happened' - like getting a putzi (botfly) maggot in your pants... :evil: :oops:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Sister Jennifer » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:16 am

Hey Del, :romance-grouphug: & :romance-kisscheek: for you and the children. It's good to read your posts.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Penfold » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:41 am

Hey Del, so good to have you back with us! I'm so glad Truly is ok and pulled through alright. :D
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Len Brook Photography
Penfold

Postby chris.ph » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:29 am

As above :D
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum