Irish Convention

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:54 pm

Tina I have a funny idea he may be a little known Author, wonder if he will be at the Convention. :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:07 pm

Ahhh, I wondered. I certainly would have offered to clean up. :lol:
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Catch-up » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:09 pm

Great photos Beth! :D Didn't know you were at the '08 con. Loved the skirt!
Catch-up

Postby Beth » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:02 am

My mother ordered that for me from pyramidcollection.com. I've gotten two or three great dresses from there since. The quality is surprisingly good. I've ordered a heavy purple velvet dress in case I decide to do Lady Roberta Meserole in November. And by DO I mean BE.
"If I'd known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself!" Eubie Blake on turning 100
Beth

Postby cols » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:01 am

I can't go to the con and I could almost cry. :( :(
I was holding out hope till today but it's a no go, maybe next time :(
cols

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:27 pm

Thats a shame cols,there is the Birmingham one next year. :D
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Re: Irish Convention

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:52 pm

Dotsie wrote:
cols wrote:don't want to embarass myself there...

That might in fact be impossible to do :D

It's fair to say, that with hairy bikers dressed up as ladies, nothing you could do would be considered embarrasing.

LOL

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby cols » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:27 am

Who's Wee Dug wrote:Thats a shame cols,there is the Birmingham one next year. :D

Here's hoping someone gives me a job some time soon so I can start saving!
Had really cool (corsets and all )outfits and was finally going to get to wear them!
cols

Postby Beth » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:46 pm

The Irish con is going very well. What a beautiful beautiful country and this part of it is just lovely.
"If I'd known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself!" Eubie Blake on turning 100
Beth

Postby poohcarrot » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:02 pm

cols wrote:Had really cool (corsets and all )outfits and was finally going to get to wear them!

:shock:

Well, if it'd make you feel any better, why not wear them, take a photo and post it here? I'm sure we wouldn't mind. :twisted:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:47 pm

:lol: :lol:

Postby cols » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:40 am

poohcarrot wrote:
cols wrote:Had really cool (corsets and all )outfits and was finally going to get to wear them!

:shock:

Well, if it'd make you feel any better, why not wear them, take a photo and post it here? I'm sure we wouldn't mind. :twisted:

Maybe some night when I'm drunk, :wink: :wink: besides that there's no hope.I have my suspicions that the outfits may have been part of the reason I did not get to go,(I was going on my own as OH hates TP) it was supposed to be my anniversary pressie but the OH said he totally forgot :roll: and it was too late we couldn't afford it :( I got a wooly jumper instead which is 3 sizes too big

Next time I'll just save up myself and bugger off to a con
cols

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:49 pm

Hmmm!!forgot, :shock: methinks that statement is the equivalent of that stuff that excretes from a bulls behind, I do feel a bit sorry for you.

Be determined to go to the next one regardless. :) He has plenty of time to save for a pressie next year in Brum even if it's a bit early.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby cols » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:01 pm

:D :D
Hope you had a good time at it wwd and Beth :D
cols

Postby Beth » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:27 pm

Oh my I had so much fun and Ireland has so captured my heart. I fully intend to go back and drive drive drive. What a beautiful place. Here is the link to my Facebook photo album but I'm still uploading photos. I also dropped my camera just before the gala dinner and had to rely on my in camera phone and on the photos of others until a new one could be purchased in London.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=122490&id=637429032&l=10deec1df1

That's a public link so even if you aren't on Facebook you should be able to view. Also I did go overboard on buying photos by the pro photographers that were there. They were SO good! I usually take weird looking photos but these two really knew what they were doing.
Beth

PreviousNext

Return to Terry Pratchett