What Film Did I See Over Xmas Please?

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

What Film Did I See Over Xmas Please?

Postby Slantaholic » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:23 am

I saw the Hunger Games over the weekend. It was baffling, utter baffling. The best film I've seen over Christmas was the Gruffalo and His Daughter.

The next one, I missed all but the end. There was this superhero called Titan and his mentor was trying to stop him thieving bicycles, rampaging over the city, and getting obsessed with his date. I didn't catch any names.

His date was a play on Lois Lane, Superman had retired, and the main character was the evil overlord - this big-headed blue guy who also was Titan's glowing father via a shapeshifting watch, and also this normal geeky guy - who was teased at school for being blue. His best friend/mad scientist was a fish inside a robot diving suit.

Can someone let on what i watched? *glances around* No one knows me here, and it's embarrassing to ask about kids' cartoons these days. I'm still obsessed with Vetinari and I need a (parody) substitute.
Slantaholic

Re: What Film Did I See Over Xmas Please?

Postby chris.ph » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:31 am

it was megamind matey :ugeek:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:54 am

About the only film I watched was Monsters v Aliens. I was most pleasantly surprised. :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Mycroft Vimes » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:31 am

The Blues Brothers was on on a Belgian channel here,came across it whilst surfing and decided it had been quite a while since i'd last seen it,so i stopped surfing and 'watched' it till the end.

Beautiful! :lol:

Also has one of the best lines in a movie ever still IMO :
"Use of unneccesary violence in the apprehension of the blues brothers has been approved..."
:lol:
Last edited by Mycroft Vimes on Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
'It's just like crop circles. No matter how many aliens own up to making them, there are always a few diehards who believe that humans go out with garden rollers in the middle of the night-'
Mycroft Vimes

Postby Sister Jennifer » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:54 am

It's funny, but The Penguin scared the bejesus out of me.

I was educated by nuns for most of my school years.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Return to TV, film, theatre