What are you doing tomorrow? 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What are you doing tomorrow? 4

Postby Penfold » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:04 am

Have fun Susanne. Have you kept in touch with them at all since high school or is it going to come as a complete surprise as to how much they've changed, what they do for a living, etc.? :D
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Catch-up » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:09 am

Almost a complete surprise. :shock: A couple of times over the years I exchanged emails with the person from this group that I was closest too - she was my best friend for a couple of years before she had to move away. But the communication always sort of fizzed out, we didn't seem to have much to say to each other, then she'd drop off the radar again. I think she had a rough time of things for awhile, but thanks to my sister letting me use her FB sign-in, I've seen pictures of them and they look great! Most importantly, they look happy! :D So, tomorrow should be fun. I hope!
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby chillicamper » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:38 am

Sounds fun Susanne.

I've got to go to work tomorrow :( Nevermind. Once that's over with I'll have another 6 days off :D . I've got to strip the dashboard out of Jose at some point to get to a dodgy ignition swich and wiring. I've been assured by other fellow VW owners that 'it's about an hours job'.......which probably means that Jose will fight me all the way and it will take 4 hours. Just waiting for a day when the rain looks like it will hold off as I've not got a garage to work in (Santa didn't bring me one of those).
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby Catch-up » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:03 pm

Sorry you've got to work. :( Hope Jose gives you a break for a change.

We'll probably be working on taking down all the Christmas decorations today and tomorrow.

I did have a lot of fun visiting with old friends last night! :D Met their spouses and kids too. They have grown up kids! They started a bit earlier than I did. We laughed a lot and everyone was very easy to talk to. I was worried that it would be weird and we would run out of conversation, but that wasn't the case at all. The only thing that was a little bit weird was how much more they all remember than I do! I have a terrible memory. So I spent half the evening saying, "I don't remember that!" :oops:
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
Catch-up

Postby chillicamper » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:53 pm

Good to hear you had a good time. I've got friends with grown up kids who have kids themselves! It's scary! It's Ds birthday on Tuesday - he will only be 12.

Decided to have a go at Jose this afternoon. Found out I needed to remove the steering wheel, indicator arm, wiper switch, horn etc. Now I should be able to simply lift the aluminium casting out to get to the switch.......but Jose is not letting go of it!

This is how far I've got today

I'm working tomorrow so will have to borrow Karen's car to get there. Then I will have abnother look at the problem - hopefully with fresh eyes and see if I can see how it all comes apart......then its fit the new switch and rebuild it all....simples. :roll:
chillicamper

Postby Watchman44 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:18 pm

Yea, just like that rather bland paragraph at the end of each section in a Haynes manual, " Reassembly is the reverse of disassembly." :roll:
Who watches the watchman.......
FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
Watchman44

Postby janet » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:29 pm

After the windy conditions of Friday, I have a large ivy colony hanging down from a wall where it used to be a-clinging. Said ivy was close to becoming a nuisance before Friday, in terms of becoming too big for its boots, but it was giving shelter to a large number of small birds who used it as a roost. My plan was to get rid of it soon to stop it compromising the house eaves and roof but before the birds began to view it as prime nesting-estate. The weather gods have partially decided my course of action so I will probably be hooking down as much ivy as I can before the birds get seriously broody and this is far earlier than you might think folks. At least if I do this now it is less cruel to them than leaving it later when they've begun to build nests. If I take it down gradually it should give the birds time to find alternative accommodation.
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby Catch-up » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:54 pm

Sorry things aren't going smoothly with Jose, Chilli. And, yes, one of my friends is a grandma! :shock:

Janet, glad the wind gave you a good start on the ivy.
Catch-up

Postby janet » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:33 am

Sadly, the rain has put a stop to outdoor activities this morning.

Oh dear, Catch-up, it's kind of sobering when you discover your friend is a grandma :shock: Glad you had a good time :D
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby chillicamper » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:42 am

Frustrated......Waiting for a new ignition switch to turn up! I've eventually got the old one out and I had a new one ready to put in......except it's a duff one and the return spring doesn't work :evil: The car market is over run with cheap Chinese parts that don't actually work. I've ended up going to a different company and spending 3 times the amount in the hope that the part they send me will actually be a genuine part that works.

At least it's all ready to put back together once the switch arrives......and I got to do a few extra little jobs along the way, like replacing a rubber steering coupling (which I had in my stash of parts for just such an occasion :oops: :roll: ), cleaning the electrical earth lead that bridges the rubber coupling etc.
chillicamper

Postby Catch-up » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:59 pm

Sorry Chilli. :( It's never simple, is it?

janet wrote:Oh dear, Catch-up, it's kind of sobering when you discover your friend is a grandma :shock: Glad you had a good time :D

Especially when in my head this whole time I've seen them as the teenagers they used to be! Mind you, she sure doesn't look like a grandma. :D
Catch-up

Postby michelanCello » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:47 pm

Flying to...

I'm so exciteeeed! :D :D :D
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Catch-up » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:52 pm

So fun! :D Take lots of pictures please.
Catch-up

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:52 pm

Yaaaaaa! Have a great time, Mici. :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby The Mad Collector » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:26 pm

See you Friday Mici :D
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum