Abominations Unto Nuggan.

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Abominations Unto Nuggan.

Postby Catch-up » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:03 pm

Little girls who complain and are sassy about everything, even when they're being given something good or someone is trying to help them, are an Abomination Unto Nuggan. :evil:
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:08 pm

Hmmm . . . let me guess. Her name wouldn't happen to start with a V would it? :think:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Catch-up » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:14 pm

You are so very right Tony. She has been pushing me to my limits lately. Just one example: She's been wanting to try cheerleading for ages, so I signed her up for this Little Cheer program. It's three days of practice to learn the cheer and they get to perform at the high school girls basket ball game. All good, right? Wrong. She's teary because it's not what she expected, she spent two days (of a four day program) debating whether she wanted to go through with it. After I wrote the check of course. :roll: I could deal with all that if she just said she wasn't enjoying it and wanted to stop. But, she had a hard time deciding (she's going through with it, today is the 3rd practice) and she somehow has made it ALL MY FAULT! :evil: She's a huge blamer and that is one of my biggest peeves.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
Catch-up

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:28 pm

Sounds like she's going through her teenage early. :?
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Catch-up » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:34 pm

Doesn't it?! I live in fear of what she's going to be like as a teenager. If it's worse than this, one of us won't come out of it alive. I really got angry with her last night, and again this morning. We're on a zero tolerance policy right now.
Catch-up

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:19 pm

Next time she asks for something like that say yes, but add you will be paying for it yourself may make her appreciate how easy thing's are. ;)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Catch-up » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:13 pm

I like it! I'm definitely using that one next time.
Catch-up

Postby hnorwood » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:20 pm

janet wrote:Careful now!

Kippers, smell of, an abomination when you had them for breakfast and it's still hanging around at nearly lunchtime.
(Actually, I think I've got rid of it now)

A friend recently told me he had discovered how to cook kippers without smell - I'll have to ask him to remind me, but if I recall correctly you put them in a casserole dish, cover with boiling water, put the cover on and wait.
Huge Neuroid

Angst-Lesspork
hnorwood

Postby chris.ph » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:47 pm

the easy way is to go to a cafe and have them cook the kippers :whistle: :whistle:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby TinatheConfused » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:12 pm

Husbands who are too silly (translate that into stubborn gits) to allow the wife to address an axe wound, then over a month later when it does get worse, MUCH worse, and then say "Honey, we might have to go to the doctor about my thumb" EGADS, it just creams my corn to have him show it to me and find it all purple, doubled in size and with an abscess are a LARGE abomination unto Nuggan.

The only positive side is that I was able to Force him to get a tetanus shot the day it happened. grrrrrrrr
Vampires have risen from the dead, the grave and the crypt, but have never managed it from the cat. ~ Witches Abroad
TinatheConfused

Postby janet » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:14 pm

hnorwood wrote:
janet wrote:Careful now!

Kippers, smell of, an abomination when you had them for breakfast and it's still hanging around at nearly lunchtime.
(Actually, I think I've got rid of it now)

A friend recently told me he had discovered how to cook kippers without smell - I'll have to ask him to remind me, but if I recall correctly you put them in a casserole dish, cover with boiling water, put the cover on and wait.

Now you mention it hnorwood, I remember a method involving a tall jug and boiling water. The jug must be as tall as the kipper is long so they stand upright without their little tails protruding. The boiling water comes up to the top and I guess you cover the thing with cloths or something to keep the heat in. Dunno how long you leave them though :lol:
The offending kippers were packaged in plastic and were microwaved according to the instructions. Weren't all that special and won't be having that kind again :roll:
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:31 pm

What I have done is wrap them in foil then put them in the oven, even the microwave smells for a few days after that, but I do like kippers but not for breakfast too early.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby hnorwood » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:32 pm

Tea-leafs are an abomination unto Nuggan!

Earlier on this evening, Mrs N returned from Sainsburys and asked if I had had a visitor - as she was approaching the gate a young man came out carrying a large bag and pushing a cycle. Mrs N asked if he had been visiting, but he ignored her and cycled off. Well, I had not had a visitor, so we looked around and found the wheel trim missing on our car! (Why would anyone want to nick plastic wheel trim? It's only a Skoda anyway..)
Huge Neuroid

Angst-Lesspork
hnorwood

Postby janet » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:41 pm

Really hope you're not short of a bicycle also :( Flamin' toerag :evil:
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:16 pm

They're total scum :evil:, hnorwood I hope you don't find anything else missing.
Who's Wee Dug

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum