Dr. Who books

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Dr. Who books

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:55 pm

Just been in The Works bookshop, they are selling eight different novels with the cover depicting each of the Doctors, starting with Hartnell. £1.99 or three for £5.00.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Re: Dr. Who books

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:42 pm

Don't tell Q. He'll come over all peculiar! ;)
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Ghost » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:57 pm

I walked into a book shop a few months ago that had a wall of doctor who including
a illustrated creature guild which I had to stop myself from buying
Ooh you cheeky little sea winkle
Ghost

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:52 pm

Ghost wrote:I walked into a book shop a few months ago that had a wall of doctor who including

OUCH.......who put that bloody bookshop there. :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby simmonds91 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:12 am

Can't stand dr who books. I don't know why i hate them exactly but reading them make my eyes bleed (haha)
Well, you know what they say. The past is a foreign country - - With an outdated military and huge oil reserves!
simmonds91

Postby Ghost » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:19 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:
Ghost wrote:I walked into a book shop a few months ago that had a wall of doctor who including

OUCH.......who put that bloody bookshop there. :lol:

have you taken your dried frog pills today Dug :roll:
Ghost

Postby Sister Jennifer » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:46 pm

My best Dr Who book haul was at a school fete a few years ago. There was a couple of dozen Target published Dr Who paperbacks & you could fill a plastic bag for $2. We got the lot of course, they're fantastic!
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Quatermass » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:48 pm

Lemme guess, WWD, they were Ten Little Aliens, Dreams of Empire, Last of the Gaderene, Festival of Death, Fear of the Dark, Players, Remembrance of the Daleks, Earthworld, Only Human, Beautiful Chaos and The Silent Stars Go By?

I have all but one of them. I have the 50th anniversary reprint ones (the ones WWD is probably talking about) of Ten Little Aliens, Dreams of Empire, Festival of Death, Fear of the Dark, Eathworld, and The Silent Stars Go By. With the exception of Only Human, I have other copies of the other books.

They're reprinting another whole bunch next year, each with a different monster. The ones some fans have confirmed (being on Amazon) are The Scales of Injustice (Silurians), Corpse Marker (Voc Robots), The Sands of Time (Osirans and their Mummy robots), Illegal Alien (Cybermen), Shakedown (Sontarans and Rutans), Sting of the Zygons (duh), Prisoner of the Daleks (duh), and Touched by an Angel (Weeping Angels). I have The Scales of Injustice and Illegal Alien, and have read Prisoner of the Daleks. Can't wait for this lot to be republished, though... :)

Oh, and Sister Jennifer? You lucky *insert expletive here*! Even so, a few weeks ago, at a 50th anniversary do at Brisbane, I bought a few Doctor Who books for a cheap price. I got a (now) rare Handbook relating to the Second Doctor, as well as the novel of the never-made story Mission to Magnus, and the Eighth Doctor Adventure Kursaal. :D
Last edited by Quatermass on Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All you need to understand
Is everything you know is wrong!

-Weird Al Yankovic
Quatermass

Postby Ghost » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:53 pm

I have a first edition of an unearthly child in storage somewhere
Ghost

Postby Quatermass » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:10 am

I actually bought a couple of the above: Shakedown, and The Sands of Time.
All you need to understand
Is everything you know is wrong!

-Weird Al Yankovic
Quatermass

Postby chris.ph » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:15 pm

I had about 60 target Dr who books and gave them all to my nephews when they got into it, they were then taken to a leukaemia charity sale as Rosanna lost her older brother to the illness and a very nice lady bought them all for her young son for 2 pound each which Imo was much more than they were worth but the Anthony Nolan trust was very pleased to receive the money :D
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby lazecraze » Thu May 22, 2014 6:13 am

I remember we were in India for a holiday and my dad whipped up a Doctor Who book he found in one of those old book sales. It was a really old copy of "The Keeper of Traken" and had a little love note inside. Now my boyfriend has bought me the 50th anniversary set but they sold at £7.99 a piece! YIKES!
lazecraze

Return to Non-Discworld books