Good Omens.

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:32 pm

I bought Neverwhere, and got about a quarter of the way through, before I gave up.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Kladivo » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:05 pm

As far as I can remember the original proposed cast for Gilliams' GO included Robin Williams and Johnny Depp. Just can't figure out which one was supposed to be Azirafal and which one's Crowley ;)
As for Death there could be only one choice of course. Christopher Lee and no one else.

And if we're talking about Gilliams' ability let me just remind The Fisher King...

There's one thing I really can't understand. It's the whole 'the film would spoil it for me' approach. Well, there's a very simple solution to this problem - for crying out loud - do not watch! :P If the film existed you can still opt out from watching while as long as it doesn't exist I can't opt for watching. It's not so difficult to figure out which situation would leave more people happy :>
Duvvelsheyss!
Kladivo

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:32 pm

Depp'd good for both Crowley and Azirafal (I so wanted to type Falafel there :roll: ) - can't really see Williams as either really. Genies he's v. good at, but angels, fallen or otherwise - nope doesn't work!

How about Keanu Reeves and Depp - they're supposed to be similar aren't they though one of them would have to go blond of course... :twisted:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Phoenix » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:56 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:
How about Keanu Reeves and Depp - they're supposed to be similar aren't they though one of them would have to go blond of course... :twisted:

Oooh, I could see that working well! I'd quite like to see that :D

Bouncy Castle wrote:I bought Neverwhere, and got about a quarter of the way through, before I gave up.

See, I really like Neverwhere, although I did find it took a while to get into :) What was it that made you give up?
Phoenix

Postby mystmoon » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:39 pm

I used Good Omens as a way to get my friend into Terry Pratchett, I believe I said it was like Dogma but better...
"Why is that gas stove wearing a hat?"
"He's going out"
mystmoon

Location: York, England, Europe, Earth, The Solar System, Milky Way, The Universe

Re: Good Omens.

Postby lacottlealpha » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:32 am

Good Omens movie- Has anybody considered Joss Whedon if Good Omens is made into a movie? His wit and one-liners from Buffy the Vampire Slayer seem very similar.
lacottlealpha

Re:

Postby chris.ph » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:57 am

Bouncy Castle wrote:I bought Neverwhere, and got about a quarter of the way through, before I gave up.

try roofworld by chris fowler bouncy its similar but an easier read, but i did enjoy both :D
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Majblast » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:37 pm

Warning: NEVER loan Good Omens to anybody. I've had to buy the damn thing three times already. Though I think the ebook may have solved that problem. Also, Kevin Smith's movie Dogma specifically credits Good Omens in the end credits. The movie is very funny itself.
Majblast

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:46 pm

You did not learn after the 2nd time. :shock: :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Penfold » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:53 am

I only learned after the third time for 'Good Omens' and the fifth for 'The Unadulterated Cat'! :lol:
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:52 pm

Penfold wrote:I only learned after the third time for 'Good Omens' and the fifth for 'The Unadulterated Cat'! :lol:

It happened once for me and when I seen the state of the books were in I told her to keep them been blacklisted ever since, even when promised they would be taken care of. :evil:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:52 pm

https://twitter.com/terryandrob/status/ ... 16/photo/1

The same picture as I've posted on the Terry & Neil thread, but look at the comment from Terry that goes with it!!
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:01 pm

I've always thought the two on this cover look like Gabriel Byrne and Sting. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Sister Jennifer » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:48 pm

That's the book cover I have. They don't remind me of either of those two though ;)
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Sister Jennifer » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:59 pm

But now I'm thinking of Sting.

Oh no.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Previous

Return to Non-Discworld books