Doctor Who 2013

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Doctor Who 2013

Postby The Mad Collector » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:46 pm

I have enjoyed all the anniversary specials, it's a pity 5ish Doctors isn't listed as on any of the DVDs it would be good to have that as well
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:44 pm

Well, it should be, since Moffat gave Davison a budget and a crew to film it, it should come under official anniversary, and turn up (at the very least) as an extra on the DVDs.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:35 pm

The Doctor Who Christmas special will premiere on BBC One on Christmas Day (Wednesday December 25th) at 7:30pm, it has been announced.

In the special, titled The Time Of The Doctor, the massed forces of the universe’s deadliest species gather, drawn to a mysterious message that echoes out to the stars – and amongst them, the Doctor. Rescuing Clara from a family Christmas dinner, the Time Lord and his best friend must learn what this enigmatic signal means for his own fate and that of the universe.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Slantaholic » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:16 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:
The Doctor Who Christmas special will premiere on BBC One on Christmas Day (Wednesday December 25th) at 7:30pm, it has been announced.

Yay!
Slantaholic

Postby Quatermass » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:14 pm

Just for a change, here's a very nice fandmade trailer for Doctor Who: Genesis of the Daleks. I saw this on YouTube ages ago, but it was deleted. However, it seems that the guy who did it managed to re-upload it after some edits...

All you need to understand
Is everything you know is wrong!

-Weird Al Yankovic
Quatermass

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:11 pm

According to a report on Digital Spy, Moffat has said that there will be NO SPLIT in the new series when it airs.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Jack Remillard » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:07 pm

Well, I'd be very happy with that. :)

Moffat has tried to spin the split seasons as being a good thing (and I've got used to it now), but I used to really enjoy the fact that there were 3 solid months of Who a year. Let's hope it's true. :D
Jack Remillard

Postby Quatermass » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:03 pm

Good. I didn't mind the split season for season 6, but splitting season 7 over two years...

BTW, the missing episodes rumours continue unabated. Rumours abound that Marco Polo has been recovered. I reckon that if any such announcement will be made (and while the announcements for The Enemy of the World and The Web of Fear has made me more hopeful than usual, it's still a very slim chance), it'll be at the Missing Presumed Wiped thing at the BFI on the 21st. Of course, it's still a bloody slim chance, and more than likely, nothing will be announced.

Even so, Marco Polo is one of the more plausible potential finds of missing episodes. That story was sold to so many countries, it's not funny, and what records exist suggest that it may yet still exist in some archive or another overseas. :think:

-Weird Al Yankovic
Quatermass

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:31 pm

The Moff confirms that Matt's Doctor is No. 13.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/docto ... offat.html

Bouncy Castle

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:31 pm

Peter Jackson "serious" about doing Doctor Who.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/docto ... aland.html

Bouncy Castle

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:59 pm

Barry Jackson has died. Famous (mostly) for his role as the pathologist in Midsomer Murders, he also played 3 roles in Doctor Who over the years.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/obitu ... 93934.html

Bouncy Castle

Postby Quatermass » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:24 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:Barry Jackson has died. Famous (mostly) for his role as the pathologist in Midsomer Murders, he also played 3 roles in Doctor Who over the years.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/obitu ... 93934.html

I know. :( He was good as Bullard in Midsomer Murders, and I've seen two of his roles in Doctor Who. He played a mute assassin in The Romans (gets the s*** beaten out of him by the Doctor and Vicki :lol: ), and a rather dodgy but ultimately good-hearted Time Lord called Drax in The Armageddon Factor. Unfortunately, his second role in the series is in an episode currently missing.

-Weird Al Yankovic
Quatermass

Postby Catch-up » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:52 pm

Except for Day of the Doctor, I've caught up. Really enjoyed this season and The Snowmen. I thought Clara was fun and I'll be really sorry to see Matt Smith go. Skimmed through this thread and saw that he was filming in Detroit! :shock: I had no idea we were in the same state. If I'd known, I might have tried to go watch. Actually, that's probably a lie. We are talking about Detroit after all.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Ghost » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:19 pm

Waxing is not a cure for lycanthropy
Ghost

Postby Jack Remillard » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:00 pm

That was possibly the most moving scene involving a malfunctioning
Spoiler: show
disembodied Cyberman head
that I have ever seen.