I've Just Had An Email From Del

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: I've Just Had An Email From Del

Postby TinatheConfused » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:11 am

Just remember this Del... and all will be well.

I remember you telling us that your youngest was singing this song at the top of her lungs, and your joy that she was doing just that. I miss you Del, I have been worrying about the fires, the news media make it sound as if the entire continent is burning up or blowing over. I forget just how big it is. :auto-ambulance: So glad you didn't wind up in an ambulance...

:angry-banghead: This is what Not to do to the garage lift door, for future reference.

This :character-ariel: is my mental image of you and your lovelies in the pool. For future reference, These are Headbangers... do Not Attempt to mime them in Any way :character-beavisbutthead: This is my mental image of Batty's little post about you and the sea... :character-jaws: Perhaps, if your tech issues continue to be a problem Morse Code may help, although the pic in my head of you at the bus stop trying to Dit, Dot, Dash your way into the thread is too funny. :confusion-helpsos: The next cute lil puppy who follows you home will respond better to this ... :gay-imgay: unless that just gets his motor revving more :romance-hearteyes: These are the icons which express my sisterhood of frustration with gadgets as I was quite happy with my 9 year old flip phone, until it began to take on some of the attributes of HAL from 2001 A Space Odyessy :techie-computer: :techie-typing: Now, I am the dubious owner of a 4G Verizon Droid RazrM. It has come close to being chucked into the pipe leading to the septic tank more than a few times. However, I have discovered I can watch Netflix whilst I waste my time at the computer. This is my impression of you at work trying to make it into the Matrix. hehehe :techie-pressanykey: The IT department are the Lamers for being unable to get a damned widget gadget to recognize your thumb.

Purple Vibes and Hugs to you and yours!!
Vampires have risen from the dead, the grave and the crypt, but have never managed it from the cat. ~ Witches Abroad
TinatheConfused

Postby TinatheConfused » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:37 pm

Bump... not hard, won't cause a mark, I Promise ... :eusa-whistle:
Vampires have risen from the dead, the grave and the crypt, but have never managed it from the cat. ~ Witches Abroad
TinatheConfused

Postby Del » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:49 am

Sister Jennifer wrote:Smearing vegemite behind your ears stops drop bears from attacking... No worries.

ITS TRUE!

http://www.australiangeographic.com.au/ ... M.facebook
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Del » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:12 am

Stupid phone! Just wrote a long reply Tina and it fot wiped. ....later.

Just changed busses. Was in the underground tunnels in Brisbane central and alarms going off wveeywhere... the bus went straight through... heaps of police and fire engines screaming towarda the tunnel and this bus has the radio going frantic telling all busses to stay away from the tunnels... hmmmm.

Thank goodness I am now heading the other way.
Del

Postby The Mad Collector » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:42 am

Del wrote:
Sister Jennifer wrote:Smearing vegemite behind your ears stops drop bears from attacking... No worries.

ITS TRUE!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby TinatheConfused » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:30 pm

Del wrote:

ITS TRUE!

Oh dear... Quite ferocious.
TinatheConfused

Postby TinatheConfused » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:45 pm

Sent a PM... I hope you survived the Tunnel. :romance-heart:
TinatheConfused

Postby TinatheConfused » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:32 am

TinatheConfused

Postby The Mad Collector » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:42 am

Well that's a long, long way from Del, but it can surely only be a matter of time before she finds one in her kitchen :roll: :D
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Penfold » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:21 am

I doubt she would be able to fit it in her oven. ;)
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Ghost » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:47 pm

Barbecue :?:
Ghost

Postby TinatheConfused » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:48 am

Bump... not hard, won't cause a mark, I Promise ... :eusa-whistle:
TinatheConfused

Postby Del » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:03 pm

Hello :-D Igot a new phone today :) Not amazing but the screen.isnt in 2145 pieces and i dont have to stand up in the top.bedroom in the corner while adjusting the coathangers to get a signal :).

But at least it doesnt have a fit if i try to pull up anything other than facebook.

oh... i had someone come into my house while i was sleeping on the sofa amd they.stole my phone and money. it was in the middle of one of our heatwaves so i had everything open. And i was so exhausted. Argh why has this thing suddenly gone into super slow motion. ?

We are.back in another painful heatwave. YuCk.

Seems the UK and the USA have been copping it huh?

Been sort of in touch by Batty and Toothy on FB but ita not HERE.

Still loving the new house especially in this heat.and Hayden has been loving the pool since.she is home with mw this week. Even Morgan popped over for a night swim this week althoygh she is a bit spoiled with a huge pool outside her bedroom door at her boyfriends place.

Truly gave us a hell of a scare at the end.of the year. She had a wisdom tooth out and ended up in ICU on life support for a week. Yeah ... that was a bit busy. Still getting my head around it. So is she. She will take awhile to get back to square one. A gew notworthy scars around her throat and alot of healing that is cosmetic and will fade in time but SHE IS ALIVE!!!!!:):):)

Nothing else matters. Nothing at all. My work was amazingly supportive with time off. Batty and Toothy kept me somewhat.sane. It seems like a blur.

But wr had the BEST Christmas ever . A financially challenged one as it cost alot going up to the hospital all the time and living on takeout but we found all the Christmas decorations from years past in the house move so it was lights and tinsel wall to wall and it was perfect because it could have been so different and we were all truly grateful. I actually think it became a challenge to see who got the best bargain lol. Even Morgan who has never really shown restraint with a budget got me two brilliant preloved books i adore.
Del

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:08 pm

Woo. Great to hear from you again, Del.

Can you really have Toothy and Batty, and "kept me sane" in the same sentence?

Soooo sorry to hear about Truly. Must have been awful for you all. Glad she's pulled through OK.

Love and hugs.

J xxx
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby pip » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:10 pm

Welcome back. Sounds like you had a quiet time.
I'm glad all is well now .
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum