Frustration Thread 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Frustration Thread 4

Postby TinatheConfused » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:05 pm

HUGE HUGS TO ALL OF YOU !!!

:romance-grouphug: With Cheerleaders like you, I shall get through this. Thank you So MUCH! I am shedding the scar tissue from inside, that helps me to see it better. It is too easy to get bogged down in all the crap from the past :

:happy-cheerleadersmileyguy: :happy-cheerleadersmileyguy: :happy-cheerleadersmileyguy:

I got on this morning fully intending to remove my shame from this board, and found more healing. How did I ever get by without you? I am so glad that Terry Pratchett brought you into my life. I am printing this out, very good idea. It is hard to "say" the words without feeling terribly immature.

You see, I had been taught/told all my life that I had a wonderful existence and should always be grateful for it. When real life made that "truth" come into conflict, my mind was trained to shunt those feelings away. I am learning... sometimes as slowly as Treacle, that it is ok to remember these things as being wrong. Forgiving is another part of the process. My father asked for forgiveness several years before he passed on. That made a huge difference. I am having to come at it from the other side with my mother. We have not spoken for almost 7 years now, my choice and Huge need. I hope to make that hurdle. SWReader had suggested Myofacial Release as a part of therapy and now that I am on medicare, I may be able to take advantage of that.

Penfold, you are so sweet!! TYTYTY
Vampires have risen from the dead, the grave and the crypt, but have never managed it from the cat. ~ Witches Abroad
TinatheConfused

Postby wicked woman » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:28 pm

Hugs Tina, please vent on here if you need to.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby chillicamper » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:26 pm

HUGS, HUGS and more HUGS for you Tina. Feel free to shout, vent, cry or whatever you need to do. Better out than in as my Nan used to say.

My frustrations sound very minor in comparison. Jose disgraced himself yesterday and broke down on the way home :( It was raining dark and I tried to fix him, but couldn't. Called the AA man who thought it was a dodgy battery lead causing voltage drop. He managed to bodge a repair to get me home but I now need to get a new lead sorted and installed. Should only be about 25 quid - it's just the buggerance factor of sorting lifts to work until I can get the parts.

It's -1C outside tonight and I have spent the evening crawling nunderneath Jose to get the old lead out to measure up. Its worn right through and could have shorted and started a fire - a lucky escape :shock: :shock:

Last edited by chillicamper on Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby TinatheConfused » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:28 pm

So glad you dodged that one Chilli!!
Vampires have risen from the dead, the grave and the crypt, but have never managed it from the cat. ~ Witches Abroad
TinatheConfused

Postby Ghost » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:36 pm

is it me or does Jose always seem to break down in the worst weather
Waxing is not a cure for lycanthropy
Ghost

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:51 pm

Ghost wrote:is it me or does Jose always seem to break down in the worst weather

ALL cars break down in the worst weather - it's what cars do. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:53 pm

Can you get some plastic sheathing around the part where it chafes to stop wearing the strap wearing away. :?:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Sister Jennifer » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:54 pm

Get well soon Jose!

Love & Kisses for you, Dear Tina.

Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby raisindot » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:09 am

Tina, you are damned brave and resilient to be able to keep going on with all that has happened to you. I admire your perseverance and your candor--it takes a lot to courage to reveal all this--even among virtual 'friends.' I hope whatever these doctors do will provide relief for you.
raisindot

Postby TinatheConfused » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:15 am

Ty again guys. I am thinking Chilli may want to use a "sleeve" guide with screw in holes to guide the lead where it won't rub so much, or at all.
TinatheConfused

Postby chillicamper » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:09 am

Ghost wrote:is it me or does Jose always seem to break down in the worst weather

:lol: I think is because he came from a warmer climate - Mexico. So when the weather gets manky he has a bit of a huff. It also seems to mean that its compulsory that I draw blood in one way or another whilst fixing him - he seems to need his blood sacrifice. :shock: :lol:

Who's Wee Dug wrote:Can you get some plastic sheathing around the part where it chafes to stop wearing the strap wearing away. :?:

TinatheConfused wrote:Ty again guys. I am thinking Chilli may want to use a "sleeve" guide with screw in holes to guide the lead where it won't rub so much, or at all.

The hole through the bulkhead had a rubber grommet (which was knackered) but where it was rubbing ther was nothing. S as Dug says it may be a bit of pipe pushed over it to protect it. Judging by the corrosion on the copper wires its been like it for some time.....which is even more scary :shock:
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby Catch-up » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:20 pm

Huge HUGS Tina! I can't beat the advice that's already been given, only echo it. Never hesitate to share your concerns with your doctors. A good doctor will look for ways to help you get through it. I hope this procedure helps!

Chilli, really sorry about Jose's betrayal. It's always cold and wet when you have to work on him. So glad the AA guy got you home though!
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:53 pm

Hugs to Tina.

Poor José.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:00 pm

For the past few days I had problems with my dongle had it reloaded and it has not worked properly since been back to the shop three times, one of the guys put extra on it but still can't access the net,new sim card and still not on even though I'm connected. :evil:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby TinatheConfused » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:20 pm

Sorry to hear that Dug... even though I don't know what a "Dongle" is... :?
TinatheConfused

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum