How do you feel today? 6

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 6

Postby wicked woman » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:29 pm

Catch-up wrote:Hope you're feeling better today WW! :( Sit and read as much as you can. Holding still is the only way to get better.

I'm doing better today, so far, although not taking my own advice. :oops: Hoofed it all around to the downtown businesses passing out flyers for the Chamber of Commerce for our Hometown Holidays event. I'm sad because our sushi restaurant is closing. :( But happy because we have two new boutiques downtown and I got a sneak peek today! :D Just need to survive Thing 1's riding lesson, then I'll be able to kick back, have a glass of wine and watch Grimm.

Sounds like a good plan. :D
I had a busy day but hope I can take it easy over the weekend.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Catch-up » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:57 am

I hope you can take it easy too. That was my plan, but it looks like my mom wants to go to the Wine, Women, Shopping event downtown tomorrow. If I'm up to it, I'll go with her. I went to the event last year for the first time and wasn't horribly impressed. Shopping - check. Women - check. Wine - nowhere to be found. Not a big deal. Would be happy with the shopping, but didn't see any really impressive sales.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Quatermass » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:48 am

Tired, but happy. I woke up at 4 this morning because I was excited to go to Supanova. Been there, done that, got the autographs I wanted. Well, not all the autographs I wanted, but I could only stand being in that [EFF!]ing huge line for George RR Martin once and once only, what with the heat, and the crowd, and the noise, and the crowd, and the wait, oh, and did I mention the crowd? I'm sure I did. And budgetary reasons meant that I couldn't get autographs I wanted from the cast of Game of Thrones.

However, got to meet not only George RR Martin briefly, but also Dominic 'Merry Brandybuck' Monaghan, Terry 'Davros' Molloy, Joel Shepherd (author), and John Higgins (comic writer and artist, and the colourist on Watchmen). And I bought a brand-spanking new Doctor Who audio, Fanfare for the Common Men.
I've lived for over 2000 years, and not all of them were good ones. I've made many mistakes. And it's about time I did something about that.

-The Twelfth Doctor, Doctor Who: Deep Breath
Quatermass

Postby wicked woman » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:59 am

Quatermass wrote:Tired, but happy. I woke up at 4 this morning because I was excited to go to Supanova. Been there, done that, got the autographs I wanted. Well, not all the autographs I wanted, but I could only stand being in that [EFF!]ing huge line for George RR Martin once and once only, what with the heat, and the crowd, and the noise, and the crowd, and the wait, oh, and did I mention the crowd? I'm sure I did. And budgetary reasons meant that I couldn't get autographs I wanted from the cast of Game of Thrones.

However, got to meet not only George RR Martin briefly, but also Dominic 'Merry Brandybuck' Monaghan, Terry 'Davros' Molloy, Joel Shepherd (author), and John Higgins (comic writer and artist, and the colourist on Watchmen). And I bought a brand-spanking new Doctor Who audio, Fanfare for the Common Men.

Sounds like a good day, enjoy your purchases.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:48 pm

Happy that we won against Japan, but it was worrying at one point in the 1st half. :mrgreen: bring on the springboks. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby The Mad Collector » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:31 pm

You're welcome to them Dug after watching Wales this evening :(
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Catch-up » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:13 pm

Nice day Q!! :D

Went downtown to shop with my mom today. Didn't get as much xmas shopping done as I'd hoped, but did find something unexpected and perfect for one friend. :D
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
Catch-up

Postby TinatheConfused » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:26 pm

Glad you had at least a somewhat productive day Q!
Vampires have risen from the dead, the grave and the crypt, but have never managed it from the cat. ~ Witches Abroad
TinatheConfused

Postby TinatheConfused » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:55 pm

So far, 4 spinal epidurals in 4 weeks, gah, I hurt. I sincerely hope that this helps a bit. I am so tired of the fear of the pain of these damned shots. If it comes to the point where I can walk again without a cane, or make it through the tiny local market without needing the electric cart, it will be worth it. Even standing long enough to microwave some food or Heaven forbid, stand and cook, will be intensely wonderful. I am trying to soak up good vibes.
Vampires have risen from the dead, the grave and the crypt, but have never managed it from the cat. ~ Witches Abroad
TinatheConfused

Postby Sister Jennifer » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:20 am

Wishing you good, good, good, good vibrations, Tina. My condolences regarding your chronic back pain. As bad as they are, I hope the steroid(?) injections help relieve the pain & increase your mobility.

xxx000xxx
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Dotsie » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:02 am

Gentle ((((hugs)))) Tina
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Catch-up » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:50 am

Lots and lots of good, healing vibes from me too Tina.

I feel tired. Haven't been sleeping that great the last week or so. The good news is, I've had a couple of good nights recently. But, still don't quite feel rested.
Catch-up

Postby TinatheConfused » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:48 pm

Lost my cane in the doctor's parking lot. How embarrassing and somewhat expensive to replace. Found out that my "Parathyroid" gland, one or all four, have decided to 'go Rogue". Surgery is in my future there, but the doctor says it is no problem and should take care of my high blood calcium when removed, to the point that they will test during surgery and KNOW instantly if it is working. YaY. Simple laproscopic procedure, couple of nicks and go home that day or the next.

Back is not happy about the cane, but I shall survive.
TinatheConfused

Postby Catch-up » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:32 pm

Sorry Tina! Any chance someone may have found it and turned it in? Might be worth a call to their office.
Catch-up

Postby Batty » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:36 pm

Catch-up's suggestion is a good one, Tina. See if anyone has handed it in ... and if not, buy a skateboard and wheel yourself around!!!
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum