The Selling/Trading/Giving Away Thread - No Digressions!

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: The Selling/Trading/Giving Away Thread - No Digressions!

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:31 am

Does anyone here speak Czech? Would you like a double CD (MP3 format) of Niccoló Machiavelli "Vladaŕ" (The Prince - I think . . . :? ) audio book?

I accidentally purchased this in a charity shop, thinking it was something else. Let me know and I'd be more than happy to send it wherever and for free. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby michelanCello » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:16 am

You didn't accidentally buy anthing in hungarian did you? :lol:
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:01 am

No, but if I do, I'll be sure to think of you. ;)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:52 pm

NOW AVAILABLE ON AMAZON

& AMAZON UK

Opening chapter HERE available to view for free with other stuff about the book and publication route :P

Well - the deed is done and my first novel, Milele Safari - an eternal journey is officially published (in paperback only to start) and on sale as I write! :dance:

It'll also be available on other online and bricks and mortar bookstores over the next few weeks as it filters out from Ingrams - ignore the 'out of stock' notice as it's available on a 'print on demand' basis. I'll try and get the 'look inside' details up over the weekend as well :-)

You can also buy the paperback NOW from me direct for a special reduced price (£10 - є12 EUR - $16.25 USD - $17.95 AUD) - PM me for Paypal details with your real name and postal address and I'll put in the order with the printers to deliver direct to you on receipt
Last edited by Jan Van Quirm on Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby The Mad Collector » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:29 pm

Well done Jan, that's great news :D
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby pip » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:39 pm

Congrats Jan.
I'm a novice so what do I send for my PayPal. Is it the linked email.
Also are you signing em
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby pip » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:59 am

Ok misread that first time. I'll DM from my computer tomorrow
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:54 pm

pip wrote:Ok misread that first time. I'll DM from my computer tomorrow

DM Image me your full postal details as well Pip. I can order to post direct to you or via me so I can sign it first (doing the same for Pooh)

I've just added a 'taster' excerpt on the blog HERE so peeps can still have a peek while I'm getting the look inside set up on Amazon
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby The Mad Collector » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:49 pm

Jan I cannot read that as it is black writing on a black background, just a little too much Vetinari in the mix there I think :roll: ;)
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:12 pm

:roll: So much for aesthetics and the lovely close up of an elephant's forehead and ears! Image
I set it up so that there should have been a white (or semi-white) background behind all the main body text but obviously your browser mileage may vary wildly - have changed it to something more boring so hopefully you should see it all OK now :twisted:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby pip » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:11 am

Can't wait now. I'll give it a read over Christmas and come back with lots of fun criticism ;)
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:08 pm

Yes please! :lol: Also if anyone want to bung a review on Amazon (after reading it naturally) please do so! :D
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Sister Jennifer » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:34 am

Wow, congratulations Jan! What an achievement.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

My novel - Milele Safari

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:58 pm

Sorry :oops: Just wanted to share this review for the book from someone who doesn't know me at all but is also a new author I met recently on LinkedIn and agreed to do a review swap with him. He used to live and work in South Africa although he's a Yorkshireman, and so this review means a hell of a lot to me as it came completely out of the blue.

Ted Farrar, author of Dreamers wrote:Sophie Taylor has returned to Africa after a long absence, and is forced to confront the tragedies of her past – the murder of her fiancé and loss of her unborn daughter. Milele Safari records this spiritual journey of acceptance, healing and romance against the stunning, often savage and always unpredictable backdrop of Africa.

It is hard to believe this is Jan Hawke’s first novel – she is such an accomplished writer that you can almost taste the dust of Africa in your throat, picture the characters as if you’re sitting beside them around the campfire. The story takes you back and forth from past to present and back again, unflinchingly exploring the essence of Africa through Sophie’s experiences. Ultimately it’s a romance, but this is no Mills & Boon. It deserves no less than five stars because not only is it an engrossing story but seemingly accomplishes the impossible by revealing the soul of Africa, warts and all.

The e-book will out within the next 10 day I'm told - will post the link in here when it's available ;)
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Catch-up » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:18 am

That is a lovely review! I'm looking forward to reading it. :D
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Discworld books