Frustration Thread 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Frustration Thread 4

Postby michelanCello » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:54 pm

Why don't you? Or at least you could tell them you're happy to help as long as they give you a hand aswell? You can't let them ignore you like that, having a big heart is a good thing up until someone like this comes along :shock:
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby pip » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:02 pm

Its bloody annoying but I know i'll need them on side next year when I've a couple of massive projects I'll need information for so I can't afford to go too nuts yet. But next few times I'm asked for help I'll count how long this request takes and point it out in each email.
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Catch-up » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:56 pm

Pip, that stinks. Perhaps when they call for help you could give a polite reminder that you're still waiting for some help yourself?

Argh. Stupid mortgage people. We got an offer to lower our APR from a big bank. Not by a lot, maybe half a percent, but worth it considering they're paying the closing fees, (genuinely paying, not rolling it into the principal) so it wouldn't cost us anything. All we need to do is gather a few documents and sign a few papers. I didn't expect it to be as stress free as advertized, because these things never are, but they have managed to irritate me and it's only day 4! :x I've already had to ask a dozen questions to clarify information and have pointed out mistakes in the paperwork, and have had to deal with conflicting information. I would really like to make this happen because it's all gain, but, we're already at a really decent APR and if this gets too stupid I'll drop it.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby michelanCello » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:04 am

Hold on there, Susanne! It'll be over before you notice :) hugs!
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby chillicamper » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:47 am

Pip.....hope they see sense and help you out. I can never see the point in not helping if you can. It just makes the orld tick along a little easier for everyone.

Hope the bank stuff gets sorted Susanne. We went back to our provider (a local building society) once we were out of our tie in period and they gave us a new deal and saved us half a percent, still pretty much the best rates around. It's not much in actual pounds, but every little helps. Half hour meeting at the local ofice, a few signatures and we were done. So lucky that we weren't changing providers - the amount of paperwork gets silly!
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby pip » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:03 am

I'll see how it goes.Think i'll be a little cheekier when approached for help from them in the future
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Catch-up » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:56 am

Thanks guys! I hope it works out and is behind us soon. I'm trying not to let myself get too irritated over it, but it's not easy.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
Catch-up

Postby Catch-up » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:29 pm

Just found out that the cost to see Thing 1's doctor has tripled. :evil:
Catch-up

Postby wicked woman » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:17 pm

Catch-up wrote:Just found out that the cost to see Thing 1's doctor has tripled. :evil:

:shock: How does the doctor justify that? Can you change doctors?
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Catch-up » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:21 pm

He's part of the University hospital and health system, so I don't think he's setting his own rates exactly. When I called the billing dept. (because I thought this HAD to be a mistake :roll: ) I was told that the changes in health care laws have forced them to bill things differently. I completely buy that it forced them to break apart the billing for different services, but I don't for a minute believe that it forced them to inflate their bills. I wrote a complaint to the hospital. This was right after giving feedback to Chase on how the re-mortgaging was going. And for good measure I had to write a complaint about the McDonalds down the street too. I shut down for the day after that. I'm not a complainer and too many issues at once stresses me out. But, I cannot stay quiet when someone isn't playing nice.
Catch-up

Postby Ghost » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:27 pm

Ooh you cheeky little sea winkle
Ghost

Postby Catch-up » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:37 pm

Thanks Ghost! :D I'm just fussing. It will all get worked out one way or another. It's just occasionally astonishing how some of these places try to conduct their business. :roll:
Catch-up

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:09 pm

Catchup, Would it have anything to do with Obama's healthcare project that they have inflated their prices seems unreasonable, just like the power companies here just greed. :x
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Catch-up » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:29 pm

Well, they're blaming healthcare reform, but I'm not buying it. I didn't push it with the person I spoke to, because she's just someone in billing with no control over any of this stuff. But I did make a formal complaint with the hospital health system.
Catch-up

Postby Catch-up » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:38 am

OMG! I gave feedback on the bank's website about the frustrations I've experienced so far in the refi process and you will not believe the response I got!

Hi IGETTHATYOUREHAVINGAROUGHGOATTHISBUTYOUREGONNAHAVETOSUCKITUP, I sincerely apologize for your experiences throughout this process, it seems to have been pretty frustrating for you. I've contacted your home loan team, and you should hear from them shortly if you haven't already. Best,

Please note the line all in caps and squished together at the top. :shock: :lol: Obviously this is some help desk type guy and this was a big oops. I'm sure he typed that and meant to delete it. So..... how would you respond to something like this?
Catch-up

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum