What have you seen recently? 3

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What have you seen recently? 3

Postby Catch-up » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:01 pm

We decided to try The Walking Dead last night. Watched the first episode and that was all I could take. Not saying it was bad at all, just way too stressful for me. I was so tense, I couldn't enjoy it.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby michelanCello » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:35 pm

Watched Don Jon with a friend of mine today. It was VERY honest and rather good I think, although it's not a movie I'd pick to watch on a rainy Saturday afternoon when I've got nothing to do.
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Dotsie » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:56 am

Catch-up wrote:We decided to try The Walking Dead last night. Watched the first episode and that was all I could take. Not saying it was bad at all, just way too stressful for me. I was so tense, I couldn't enjoy it.

The more zombie films you watch, the better you get at spotting potential SZEs (single zombie events, such as when you're walking in the woods) and MZEs (multiple zombie events, you're in a hospital or other public building). Of course, in post-apocalyptic films, you don't get the benefit of "It's just a cat!" to forewarn you of impending doom :lol:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Ghost » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:01 pm

been watching Sleepy Hollow and for some reason it's been strangely
compelling viewing

I can't think why though
Ghost

Postby Catch-up » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:40 pm

Dotsie wrote:
Catch-up wrote:We decided to try The Walking Dead last night. Watched the first episode and that was all I could take. Not saying it was bad at all, just way too stressful for me. I was so tense, I couldn't enjoy it.

The more zombie films you watch, the better you get at spotting potential SZEs (single zombie events, such as when you're walking in the woods) and MZEs (multiple zombie events, you're in a hospital or other public building). Of course, in post-apocalyptic films, you don't get the benefit of "It's just a cat!" to forewarn you of impending doom :lol:

:lol: Actually, I think it was the post-apocalyptic setting that stressed me out more than the zombies.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Sister Jennifer » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:07 pm

Catch-up wrote:
Dotsie wrote:The more zombie films you watch, the better you get at spotting potential SZEs (single zombie events, such as when you're walking in the woods) and MZEs (multiple zombie events, you're in a hospital or other public building). Of course, in post-apocalyptic films, you don't get the benefit of "It's just a cat!" to forewarn you of impending doom :lol:

:lol: Actually, I think it was the post-apocalyptic setting that stressed me out more than the zombies.

SZEs & MZEs... love it.

I've always been a sucka for an apocalypse.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Dotsie » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:41 am

Me too! And do you know what always bothers me most? How can a person manage without toilet paper. Post apocalyptic fiction never mentions it.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby pip » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:52 am

You'd be amazed what can substitute as toilet paper. :shock: :shock:
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Jack Remillard » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:16 pm

I watched the season premiere of The Walking Dead yesterday before work. Good start to the season, I thought. :)
Jack Remillard

Postby BobtheDrog » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:46 pm

Went to the World Premiere of "The Duel" last night, I highly recommend seeing it if you ever get the chance. The animation will be entered into various festivals so won't be posted online in the near future.
BobtheDrog

Postby Sister Jennifer » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:55 pm

Dotsie wrote:Me too! And do you know what always bothers me most? How can a person manage without toilet paper. Post apocalyptic fiction never mentions it.

I have wondered about loo paper but I'd take my shirt off and use that if it came to it. What I do often ask especially since I've been watching The Walking Dead is, For the love of god, you will wash your hands before you eat something?! That's to the survivors not the zombies.

I think that's what'd bother me the most, not being able to get some soap & water on the upper extremities. In Zombieland the guy has the hand gel in his pocket. Love it, that'd be me for sure.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:35 am

What caused the Zombieness in The Walking Dead, anyway. Did we ever find out?

(I gave up after the first episode)
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Dotsie » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:47 am

The CDC had the virus isolated, but no news on where it came from. But then the CDC blew up.
Dotsie

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:54 am

As it does. :roll:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:38 pm

Sister Jennifer wrote:
Dotsie wrote:Me too! And do you know what always bothers me most? How can a person manage without toilet paper. Post apocalyptic fiction never mentions it.

I have wondered about loo paper but I'd take my shirt off and use that if it came to it. What I do often ask especially since I've been watching The Walking Dead is, For the love of god, you will wash your hands before you eat something?! That's to the survivors not the zombies.

I think that's what'd bother me the most, not being able to get some soap & water on the upper extremities. In Zombieland the guy has the hand gel in his pocket. Love it, that'd be me for sure.

It all comes down to how much you care about personal cleaning in difficult circumstances. :?:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre