Postby Watchman44 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:13 pm

SPOILERS!
Spoiler: show
Who watches the watchman.......
FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
Watchman44

Re: Doctor Who 2013

Postby Batty » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:18 pm

Image Woo-Hoo! ... or should that be Hoo-Who! ... He'll make a great number 12! (Providing he moderates his language) ... Image
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby The Mad Collector » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:22 pm

Well the betting on him went mad about 2 days ago so somebody leaked the name :roll:
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Jack Remillard » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:24 pm

Brilliant. :) I'm really looking forward to it!
Jack Remillard

Postby Quatermass » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:19 pm

Great. We've got, instead of Doctor Who, Doctor Swears-a-Lot. :lol:
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Sister Jennifer » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:52 pm

That's great news. I think Capaldi will be a fantastic Dr, he's a top shelf actor. I'm really looking forward to the next series now.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:06 am

Steven Moffat: "We are aware that Peter Capaldi's played a part in Doctor Who before and we’re not going to ignore the fact."

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-09- ... ppearances

The BBC has announced that on Nov. 23 it will simulcast the beloved science fiction show’s special 50th anniversary episode, “The Day of the Doctor,” in at least 75 countries, including the U.S., where it will be shown on BBC America. Meanwhile, details of 3-D screenings in select cinemas here will be announced in the coming weeks.

“The Doctor has always been a time traveler — now he’s traveling time zones,” Doctor Who executive producer Steven Moffat said in a statement. “On the 23rd of November, it won’t be the bad guys conquering the Earth — everywhere it will be ‘The Day of the Doctor!’”
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Jack Remillard » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:00 am

The Radio Times and a number of other news sources are reporting that the rumors that a number of missing classic episodes have been found are true. :) No official announcement from the BBC yet.
:)
Jack Remillard

Postby Barchester » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:33 am

At least two Troughton era stories, by the looks of it. I'm not holding my breath just yet, but I'm definitely keeping my fingers crossed.
“It is so shocking to find out how many people do not believe that they can learn, and how many more believe learning to be difficult.”
Barchester

Postby Quatermass » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:41 am

Jack Remillard wrote:The Radio Times and a number of other news sources are reporting that the rumors that a number of missing classic episodes have been found are true. :) No official announcement from the BBC yet.
:)

This rumour's been percolating for quite a while now. It's recently experienced a revival on the one Doctor Who BBS I frequent, and apparently, on a number of other forums, particularly those for missing TV episodes, there's been a recently-imposed ban on discussing the matter. Now, it could be that they're trying to tamp down on any potential flame wars, but more than one person is suspicious.

Me? Well, it will be great if they do find episodes, and some of the actions of those involved are suspicious, but to tell the truth, there is still the very great, if disheartening, possibility that the rumours are BS. Certainly, there's very little chance that the mythical 106 episodes were found in Ethiopia, as only 11 of the currently missing episodes were sold there (and one missing episode, The Feast of Steven, was never telerecorded, so in all likelihood, it was destroyed when its videotape was wiped). And I doubt that that many could have been found all at once. However, if they found one or two like they did a couple of years back (which were Air Lock, the third part of Galaxy 4, and The Underwater Menace episode 2), then I'll be happy enough. If they find a few complete serials, unlikely as that is, I'll be even happier.

If you're interested, Jack, there's an excellent book called Wiped! by Richard Molesworth, who is one of the Restoration Team. It's rather dry in style, but it's very informative about not only how so many episodes of Doctor Who came to be missing, but also how they were recovered. You'd be surprised at how many Pertwee stories were missing, for example.
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Jack Remillard » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:52 pm

I've been holding off from forming an opinion on this, but I've reached the point of thinking that it is almost certainly true. :D

Not sure whether I'd say 'beyond reasonable doubt' or 'on the balance of probabilities', but I think it's true. :D

Time will tell...
Jack Remillard

Postby Jack Remillard » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:19 pm

Jack Remillard

Postby Barchester » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:51 pm

Awesome! Can't wait to see which episodes they have found! :D
“It is so shocking to find out how many people do not believe that they can learn, and how many more believe learning to be difficult.”
Barchester

Postby Quatermass » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:15 am

Barchester wrote:Awesome! Can't wait to see which episodes they have found! :D

There's a major clue. Deborah 'Victoria' Watling has confirmed on her website that she and Frazer 'Jamie' Hines are going to be at the press conference on Thursday. That implies that at least one or more of the episodes are from one of the six incomplete stories of her tenure as Victoria Waterfield: The Evil of the Daleks, The Abominable Snowmen, The Ice Warriors, The Enemy of the World, The Web of Fear, and Fury from the Deep. One rumour that I heard on another forum states that it's episodes from The Enemy of the World and The Web of Fear that have been found. I'm taking those rumours with a very large pinch of salt, but exciting times regardless. :)

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Barchester » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:26 am

Definitely exciting times. I keep finding myself amazed every time something new/old turns up, just because you don't really expect anything to anymore. Glad I finally got into Doctor Who back in 2010 (being from the Netherlands, I only saw a handful of Peter Davison episodes back in the day and didn't understand any of it because I was too young).
Barchester

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre