Wyrd Sisters - Tower Players - Oct 2012

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Wyrd Sisters - Tower Players - Oct 2012

Postby amoseley » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:00 pm

Hello folks

I am a member of a Midlands based amateur dramatics group who will be putting on our first Terry Pratchett play in October 2012. Not only is it the first Discworld play we have put on, it is also the first play I have directed (having previously only being responsible for turning lights off and on!!) and I'm hoping to reach out to the legions of Pratchett fans out there for help in delivering not one, but two of the biggest audiences we 've ever had for one of the biggest shows we have ever done.

Below are details from the tickets page of our website, click the link and book your tickets now for a great night in the company of Granny, Nanny and Magrat (with a special cameo by Death himself). Tell your families. Tell your friends. Tell your enemies. Tell your colleagues. Tell the person sat next to you on the tube / train / bus. Tell your taxi driver. Tell random strangers in the street. Tell everyone!!

(If anyone has any advice on who else we can tell, and how else we can inform the world in general of our mission, please let me know)

Here's the blurb:

This October 19th and 20th, Tower Players will be transporting their audiences to a distant and second-hand set of dimensions, in an astral plane that was never meant to fly, to a world where Terry Pratchett has taken Shakespeare's Macbeth and then turned it up 'till the knob comes off!

It's all there - a wicked duke, a power-hungry duchess, the ghost of a murdered king, dim soldiers, strolling players, a land in peril.

And who stands between the Kingdom and destruction? Three witches. Granny Weatherwax (intolerant, self-opinionated, powerful), Nanny Ogg (down-to-earth, vulgar) and Magrat Garlick (naive, fond of occult jewellery and bunnies).

The Rose Theatre – Rugeley, Staffordshire
Adults £7 : Concessions £6

Tickets can be booked via http://www.towerplayers.co.uk/tptickets.html
Box Office 01889 584306
Enquiries : towerplayers@live.com

Doors open at 7pm : Performance Starts 7:30pm

...amd the poster...

Poster.gif

Thanks for your time
Tower Players
amoseley

Re: Wyrd Sisters - Tower Players - Oct 2012

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:54 pm

Welcome to the site, amoseley and good luck with the production! :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:25 pm

Welcome to the forum, amoseley and good luck with your play, you could also post it on the Cunning Artificers site on the Kitchen Table, link below

http://www.discworldstamps.co.uk/forum/ ... m.php?f=26
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby amoseley » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:39 pm

Thanks for the Welcome and for the tip Who's Wee Dug. I'll have a look at it now
amoseley

Wyrd Sisters - October 2013

Postby JaneWebb66 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:31 pm

Code: Select all
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yyRk7WXP08I?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.guildhallartscentre.com/shows/wyrd-sisters

St Peter's Hill Players are putting on Wyrd Sisters from 31 October - 2 November 2013 at the Guildhall Arts Centre, Grantham.
Tickets are only £7.50. Come along and join the fun!
JaneWebb66

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:00 pm

Thanks for the info, Jane. Good luck with the production! :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Return to TV, film, theatre