What have you seen recently? 3

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What have you seen recently? 3

Postby Quatermass » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:58 am

Jack Remillard wrote:Oh yes, I love that line. :lol: There's some great dialogue in that one.

Revelation of the Daleks? Yeah, that's good.

Here's the relevant scene, Sister Jennifer. Warning, spoilers...

"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Sister Jennifer » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:05 pm

^ That's great. Concentrated protein eh? Nice one Soylent Green. I'll def put that one on the recommended list. Thanks for the PG warning, my kids are old enough to handle that stuff though. My daughter Perry, she's 16, (not named after Dr's assistant) loves all things Dr Who.

I didn't watch Dr Who during the 6th & 7th Dr's, it'll be good to see those episodes.

Quatermass wrote:Yeah, that's good. The Daleks are smart enough to consider fitting themselves with bog-standard guns when their blasters fail.

Smart enough? Daleks are the supreme beings of the universe... so watch it. ;) :)
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Quatermass » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:11 am

Sister Jennifer wrote:Smart enough? Daleks are the supreme beings of the universe... so watch it. ;) :)

Yeah, and The Twin Dilemma is a timeless masterpiece from Doctor Who... :roll:

Actually, a lot is discussed about what would happen if the Daleks actually won in the excellent audio story Jubilee. The Doctor points out that eventually, the Daleks would turn on each other over small, petty differences, until there is only one Dalek left in the entire universe.

It's an argument that a Dalek scientist called Yttral in the excellent webcomic Second Empire agrees with, and I wholeheartedly recommend it, Sister Jennifer. I recommend both the Big Finish audio story Jubilee (order it before the CD is out of stock) and Second Empire.
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Catch-up » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:44 pm

Finally got season 6 of The Big Bang Theory! :D I have my Leonard back. 8-)
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Sister Jennifer » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:33 pm

Watching S3 of The Walking Dead. Really enjoying it so far.

Against my better judgement I watched the Evil Dead remake. Everyone involved in the making of that should be ashamed of themselves.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby michelanCello » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:19 am

Watched Scarecrow, it was... interesting.
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Catch-up » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:46 am

Just started watching Season 2 of Grimm. Not terribly impressed so far and we really enjoyed the first season.

And just found out that Season 8 of Supernatural has hit Netflix streaming. :D
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
Catch-up

Postby Barchester » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:23 am

Watched "Sinister" the other day, which was a more scary film than I thought it would be, being someone who's not easily scared. I have also finally started watching Breaking Bad, and am racing through the seasons right now. Didn't expect it to be that good.
“It is so shocking to find out how many people do not believe that they can learn, and how many more believe learning to be difficult.”
Barchester

Postby Sister Jennifer » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:05 pm

Barchester wrote:I have also finally started watching Breaking Bad, and am racing through the seasons right now. Didn't expect it to be that good.

Hellooooooo! Glad you're enjoying Breaking Bad.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Barchester » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:49 am

Sister Jennifer wrote:

Hellooooooo! Glad you're enjoying Breaking Bad.[/quote]

Hellooooooo yourself! :D

I'm glad I overcame my hype aversion this time. Usually I just try to ignore whatever the new thing is everyone's going crazy about (like the rabid drooling over Game of Thrones on the internet; it's not a bad series, it's just not that crazy good in my opinion), but Breaking Bad is something else. Thoroughly engrossing telly.
“It is so shocking to find out how many people do not believe that they can learn, and how many more believe learning to be difficult.”
Barchester

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:10 pm

Tonight I went to see R.I.P.D IT WAS QUITE FUNNY IN PARTS (storyline reminded me of Men in Black) all said and done enjoyable. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Catch-up » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:18 pm

Glad you enjoyed it Dug! I want to see it.
Catch-up

Postby janet » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:12 pm

Well. I've now watched every TV episode of the X-Files and consider myself to be slightly older but not a whole lot wiser. However, there's some rockin' good entertainment to be found in there and some very interesting characters well played.
Have just bought An American Werewolf in London on DVD (very cheap) and a very good movie if memory serves well. Might wait to watch this when daughter comes home next week.
Reliving the first series of Outnumbered this week. Brilliant!
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby raisindot » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:12 pm

Sister Jennifer wrote:
Barchester wrote:I have also finally started watching Breaking Bad, and am racing through the seasons right now. Didn't expect it to be that good.

Hellooooooo! Glad you're enjoying Breaking Bad.

Add me to the list. I have no idea of why I didn't watch this when it was on, since it's a show that's right up my alley. The minute the last episide aired (which I did not watch for spoiler purposes) I bought the first five seasons on DVD for me and the missus to watch. So far, we're totally hooked.
raisindot

Postby michelanCello » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:08 pm

Watched The Family, it was all right, great casting and there was a time when the tension was so high I almost couldn't bear it but thankfully less bloody as I excpected :)
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre