What Are You Listening To 3?

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What Are You Listening To 3?

Postby raptornx01 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:35 am

Holy crap. They even got the off model shots and slight flaws right. that's really detailed work.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Quatermass » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:30 am

raptornx01 wrote:Holy crap. They even got the off model shots and slight flaws right. that's really detailed work.

I guess the maker traced over the original for the most part, although you can see where he used CGI in a few places.
I've lived for over 2000 years, and not all of them were good ones. I've made many mistakes. And it's about time I did something about that.

-The Twelfth Doctor, Doctor Who: Deep Breath
Quatermass

Postby Quatermass » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:06 am

Anyway, might've posted this before, but here's the version of the Ridley battle theme from Metroid: Other M...

I've lived for over 2000 years, and not all of them were good ones. I've made many mistakes. And it's about time I did something about that.

Quatermass

Postby raptornx01 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:50 am

Going old school.

really picks up 30 second in.

"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:53 am

Prokofiev's Cinderella Suite. :)

"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Quatermass » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:02 pm

Well, raptornx01's avatar reminds me of Dragonball Z, so why not Vic Mignogna's version of Dragon Soul, the opening to Dragonball Z Kai?

Quatermass

Postby hnorwood » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:03 pm

Eva Cassidy
Huge Neuroid

Angst-Lesspork
hnorwood

Postby Mycroft Vimes » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:33 pm

Oh how time flies...

Happy birthday Joan! :romance-heartsthree:
Last edited by Mycroft Vimes on Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'It's just like crop circles. No matter how many aliens own up to making them, there are always a few diehards who believe that humans go out with garden rollers in the middle of the night-'
Mycroft Vimes

Postby Penfold » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:52 pm

I'm not quite sure how but from watching Joan Jett I started clicking on a few other videos and ended up with these guys. :shock:

I never realized Steve Martin was a musician as well as a comedian. :D
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby raptornx01 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:14 pm

I blame Q for this. :lol: got me listening to more DBZ stuff

This is the spanish version of the show's first opening theme, Chala Head Chala, Sung by Ricardo Silva.

Note: It's the spanish version cause I watched nearly the entire series in spanish as it aired on the channel telemundo here in the 90's.

Extra Note: No, I don't speak a word of spanish and it didn't have subtitles. :lol:

raptornx01

Postby Joolz » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:24 pm

Tune the world out, turn the radio up
Sing along to my freedom song
Joolz

Postby Joolz » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:43 pm

Tune the world out, turn the radio up
Sing along to my freedom song
Joolz

Postby Quatermass » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:41 pm

raptornx01 wrote:I blame Q for this. :lol: got me listening to more DBZ stuff

This is the spanish version of the show's first opening theme, Chala Head Chala, Sung by Ricardo Silva.

Note: It's the spanish version cause I watched nearly the entire series in spanish as it aired on the channel telemundo here in the 90's.

Extra Note: No, I don't speak a word of spanish and it didn't have subtitles. :lol:

Well, you're in for a treat, then, raptornx01. First, the 'English' version of Cha-La Head Cha-La, sung by the original artist, and using translated lyrics (which are [EFF!]ing weird)...

...and a better English version, with the lyrics based on the Filipino dub and sung by MidiGuyFDdp21, who does a few fandubs as well...

Quatermass

Postby raptornx01 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:36 am

Heh, I have the Engrish version. Also have his engrish We Gotta Power and angel. Even a spanglish version Rock the dragon. (didn't know about the Philippino version though.)

Back when I was bigger into anime I collected english anime songs. Either engrish or english covers, english songs used in shows or movies, or english songs from dubbed versions. Lots of Two-Mix songs, Inu-Yasha songs, songs from slayers, stuff from BoA and Maaya Sakamoto. and ofcourse cowboy bebop OSTs. Also have the american Pokemon (all 10), Sailor moon (all 3), Yu-Gi-Oh (both movie and series) and Tenchi Muyo (both movie and series) soundtracks (and I mean the physical discs). very eclectic group.

It's why my anime music collection includes stuff like Olivia Newton John's version of Take Me Home Country Roads, Ray Charles I can't stop loving you, Donna Burke's cover of What a wonderful world, and Dream Theater's Through Her Eyes.

And for a change of pace.

raptornx01

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:30 am

Sibelius: Lemminkäinen Suite :D

"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum