What have you seen recently? 3

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What have you seen recently? 3

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:48 pm

I re-watched my S1 DVDs of The Glades.

A nice little show. Pity the buggers at the network have cancelled it at the end of S4 - on a cliffhanger. :roll:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby MongoGutman » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:43 pm

Star Trek Into Darkness

loads of action, loads of drama, one of the best Treks yet
Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? ~~ Oddball
MongoGutman

Postby Penfold » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:21 am

I really enjoyed 'Into Darkness' as well. I was also pleasantly surprised by 'Jack Reacher' since I'm not a fan of Tom Cruise or the films he has been involved in. :D

I'm currently enjoying the creature features on the Sci-Fi and Horror channels lately. The acting, effects, and storylines have had me crying with laughter at some points ('Sharknado' is an absolute classic!). :lol:
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:19 am

The Walking Dead to get spin-off.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/24122967
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Dotsie » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:37 am

Wonderful! More zombies :D Although I'm surprised to read that this is to produce a show that isn't 'tethered' to the comic book storyline. Since it's very different :think:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Quatermass » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:06 pm

Not watched exactly, but I got the DVDs today of two Doctor Who stories: the 2003 animated story Scream of the Shalka...

...and the recently recolourised The Mind of Evil...

I also got two others recently. The special editions of Inferno...

...and The Green Death...

And I intend to get The Ice Warriors tomorrow...

"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:31 pm

Seen Kick Ass 2 today still good but I forgot about the trailer at the end of the credits until I was outside.

Saw Elysium(in the most comfortable cinema seats I've ever sat on or lain in full reclining leather with built in legrest all at the push of a button and really wide) no it was not in the UK just a local mall cinema) it was quite good you could tell it was by the same director of District 9 as it was in a similar style.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Sister Jennifer » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:36 pm

Watched Death to the Daleks, was very good. The extras are great as well. Interviews with a couple of the guys inside the daleks.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Quatermass » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Sister Jennifer wrote:Watched Death to the Daleks, was very good. The extras are great as well. Interviews with a couple of the guys inside the daleks.

Very good? I consider the Pertwee Dalek stories to be amongst the worst, though Death to the Daleks was the better one of the lot (and even that one had the 'fear of flooring' cliffhanger for episode 3). Day of the Daleks was screwed around by dud production values (the special edition is a marked improvement), and Planet of the Daleks was, as someone put it, 'The Daleks' Greatest Hits'.
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby raptornx01 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:12 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:The Walking Dead to get spin-off.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/24122967

Oh god. I do, and yet don't, hope they base it on the game. I love the game, but I dunno if i could bear to see that ending in live action. :cry:
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby michelanCello » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:51 pm

Saw Why stop now? this week, it was all right, I'm not particulary fond of that kid, whossisname... :think:
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby michelanCello » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:10 am

Last night I watched Damsels in Distress. It was... different :lol: not bad, quite funny at times, but I couldn't decide what the director's aim was with it...
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Sister Jennifer » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:11 am

Quatermass wrote:
Sister Jennifer wrote:Watched Death to the Daleks, was very good. The extras are great as well. Interviews with a couple of the guys inside the daleks.

Very good? I consider the Pertwee Dalek stories to be amongst the worst.

I don't really compare & contrast. I just watch them with my kids. I liked that one, the bit where the Daleks are using little models of the Tardis as target practice is priceless.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Quatermass » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:17 am

Sister Jennifer wrote:
Quatermass wrote:

Very good? I consider the Pertwee Dalek stories to be amongst the worst.

I don't really compare & contrast. I just watch them with my kids. I liked that one, the bit where the Daleks are using little models of the Tardis as target practice is priceless.

Yeah, that's good. The Daleks are smart enough to consider fitting themselves with bog-standard guns when their blasters fail. In fact, there's an element of dark comedy when the Daleks go out shortly after that bit, find a couple of savage Exxilons attacking them, and promptly try out their weapons on them. As the Exxilons fall off a cliff, riddled with bullets, one of them remarks "Weapons are moderately efficient." :roll: That sounds like Dalek-speak for "Meh, could've been worse, but I prefer the ray gun. Much more fun."

Watch Revelation of the Daleks, preferably not with your kids (it's PG, but it's a very dark and somewhat violent story). That has a certain amount of dark humour, especially Davros joking (yes, Davros does crack a joke!) about 'consumer resistance'.

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Jack Remillard » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:37 am

Oh yes, I love that line. :lol: There's some great dialogue in that one.
Jack Remillard

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre