How do you feel today? 5

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby Quatermass » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:10 pm

That bit with the tape being dropped in the coffee was (originally) an accident, Sister Jennifer. I guess they decided to keep it in as an ad-lib.
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Sister Jennifer » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:15 pm

No way! So funny. Red Dwarf is an absolute joy. I don't know much about the 'behind the scenes' stuff. I've seen a few extra bits on dvd's but I hope they had as much fun making it as it is to watch.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Quatermass » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:22 pm

Sister Jennifer wrote:No way! So funny. Red Dwarf is an absolute joy. I don't know much about the 'behind the scenes' stuff. I've seen a few extra bits on dvd's but I hope they had as much fun making it as it is to watch.

Dunno about fun, but here's some of the improvised bits, courtesy of TV Tropes...

*The Red Dwarf episode D.N.A has a scene where Rimmer, planning to clone himself to come back to life, is examining some of his own dandruff under a microscope while the Cat looks over his shoulder. During a rehearsal, Danny John-Jules accidentally sneezed on the microscope at the end of the scene. The timing was so perfect that the writers put it in the episode.

*From Quarantine, when Lister, Kryten and Cat are using the luck virus to locate what they need to fight Rimmer and Mr. Flibble, Craig Charles collides with and almost trips over the second item. The DVD commentary suggests that wasn't intentional.

*Craig again, from Holoship. Lister eating the cigarette at the end of the confrontation with a hologram wasn't part of the episode script. Apparently he was sick after the scene.
"I don't know why I ate that ****ing cigarette!"

*For Holly's return to the cast in Nanarchy, he had to give a complicated explanation of the episode's events. According to a later interview, Norman Lovett couldn't pronounce a particularly difficult word in the script, which was Holly-ish enough to make it into the episode as 'that word I can't say'.
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Ghost » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:41 pm

the cigarette bit was either in smeg ups or smeg outs
Ghost

Postby Quatermass » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:43 pm

Ghost wrote:the cigarette bit was either in smeg ups or smeg outs

Yes, but he did eat the cig in the actual transmitted episode.

And it's not a good idea to eat a cigarette, either. Ingesting nicotine is a baaaaad idea... :?

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Ghost » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:44 pm

what I meant was the I don't know why bit
Ghost

Postby michelanCello » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:20 pm

Good luck, Q!
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Penfold » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:06 am

I love the 'Smeg Ups'. :lol:

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Catch-up » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:44 pm

Feeling kind of out of sorts. Don't know if I might be coming down with something, or if it's the result of being exposed to one of those home shopping parties. :roll: Went to a jewelry sale party at my neighbor's last night. Anyone else and I would have declined, but I adore Katie and couldn't say no. Of course I "won" a party of my own. :roll: Not gonna happen. The guests were fun, but the rest of it left me feeling slightly dirty.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby phalarope » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:11 am

Catch-up wrote: the result of being exposed to one of those home shopping parties

I'm sooooo sorry; I hate those things, too. I refuse to attend them - I can find any excuse, even for my dearest friends, not to go.
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.'
-- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips
phalarope

Postby raptornx01 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:43 am

Catch-up wrote:Feeling kind of out of sorts. Don't know if I might be coming down with something, or if it's the result of being exposed to one of those home shopping parties. :roll: Went to a jewelry sale party at my neighbor's last night. Anyone else and I would have declined, but I adore Katie and couldn't say no. Of course I "won" a party of my own. :roll: Not gonna happen. The guests were fun, but the rest of it left me feeling slightly dirty.

They still do those things? My parents had two of those. One was selling random nicknacks, music boxes, figurines, etc, the other was the classic tupperware party. Both times I was bored out of my mind.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Quatermass » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:38 am

How do I feel?

Like Hyde feels when he first appears in this clip...

:D

Why? I've just finished a draft of a novel which has been the source of many a mental constipatory moment. :dance:

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Catch-up » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:23 am

phalarope wrote:
Catch-up wrote: the result of being exposed to one of those home shopping parties

I'm sooooo sorry; I hate those things, too. I refuse to attend them - I can find any excuse, even for my dearest friends, not to go.

I guess it had been too long and I'd forgotten. I was thinking I could do a little early xmas shopping, but the jewelry was cheap and way overpriced. The necklaces were $100 and up and just costume! My sister loves turquoise and silver. I could easily get her something genuine in that price range. And then, the woman was charging sales tax on shipping! Not illegal in this state, but no one does it. I did buy a cute pair of earrings for Ava, but that's it.

raptornx01 wrote:
They still do those things? My parents had two of those. One was selling random nicknacks, music boxes, figurines, etc, the other was the classic tupperware party. Both times I was bored out of my mind.

It is surprising that they still do these parties, isn't it? You'd think online shopping would have done them in. I would have been happy to be bored. Instead the saleswoman tried to get us all excited about the jewelry by playing stupid games. Why couldn't it just be dignified? :? Why is it that when a group of women get together for something like this, or a baby shower, wedding shower, etc, that it's somehow mandatory to throw our dignity out the window and play stupid games? Sorry. Didn't mean to end up on a rant. :oops:
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
Catch-up

Postby raptornx01 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:28 pm

Been 20 years, but even then I didn't get it. Like, so let me get this straight, someone shows up at your door with a bunch of gifts, shows you all this stuff, but you have to pay them to keep any of it? It's like if Santa's operation was run by the mob.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Catch-up » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:26 pm

It's just bizarre. And, since I "won" a party of my own... :roll: .... this woman is now stalking me. It's never going to happen and I'll tell her that as firmly and politely as possible. The first time.
Catch-up

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum