Hogswatch 2013

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Hogswatch 2013

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:03 pm

For anyone thinking of going, I will see you there. :D :mrgreen:

Here we are folks, it's official! Hogswatch will be on 29th Nov - 1st December, and we'll be doing our very best to celebrate Discworld's 30th birthday, so delve into the Discworld canon and get thinking about those costumes!
http://www.discworldemporium.com/inform ... tion_id=16
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Re: Hogswatch 2013

Postby Catch-up » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:50 am

I've always wanted to go to a Hogswatch! Does anyone in town rent cottages?
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:05 am

Susanne Best person to ask would be Vikki aka Rentawitch, but I believe there is some to rent outside of town as it's not a very big place. it will be the 30th Anniversary of Discworld event it would be great to see you there. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Catch-up » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:16 pm

Would love to try to make it over for something! Once we get back from our trip and the girls are settled into school (how can we be thinking about school already?! :? :( ) then I should be able to figure out when/if I can make it work.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby YoungSam » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:49 am

I wish I could join you guys :-( I went to my first ever discworld related convention earlier this year (NAIV in Melb, Aust) and had a fantastic weekend. It was kind of 'otherworldly' or 'alternate realityesque' if you get my feeling. I met a great bunch of people and am visiting some of them in Adelaide in October (im based in Brissie). Sadly Hogswatch and UK con in 2014 are out for me as Im saving up for NAV in Sydney in 2015.
YoungSam

Postby Bickaxe » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:23 pm

I'll be there

Its about now attendees think 'Oh, its only 11 weeks til Hogs watch, I've plenty of time to sort a costume' (not a requirement but it does add to the fun)

And in 9 weeks time, eBay records bigger sales.....
Fiendish til the en-
:twisted:
Bickaxe

Postby Jason » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:28 pm

I'm planning to be there :)
TCOM-12 - Ludeum in tympanus
Editor Discworld Monthly
Jason

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:20 pm

Just booked my flight. :D :mrgreen:
Who's Wee Dug

Postby BillDoor » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:12 pm

Hey all!

I'm very much looking forward to joining in the festivities this year - I'm curious as to how it'll work between the planned events. If we stayed in WIncanton, would the day consist of fans getting together in town? I'm just trying to picture how it'll work in between any events going on!Obviously, the more people around, the merrier :)
BillDoor

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:39 pm

It all takes place in town, at the Bear and the Dolphin and visiting the shop, check the link below. :mrgreen:

http://www.discworldemporium.com/Hogswatch%202013
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Katblossom » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:53 pm

I've just booked a room, got time off - looking forward to this. :D What can I expect though? I know what the Emporium says will be going on but what happened last year?
Katblossom

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:56 pm

Good do last year, some people went on a minivan coach trip with Pterry. :mrgreen:
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Jason » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:22 pm

Katblossom wrote:I've just booked a room, got time off - looking forward to this. :D What can I expect though? I know what the Emporium says will be going on but what happened last year?

There is usually entrainment on the Friday night. Usually ghost stories by Harry in one of the pubs. There is usually quite a lot of quaffing going on. Quite a few of us bring board games along to play. The will be a market place where you can purchase Discworld and other items. There is usually various activities during the day on Saturday such as games, sometimes a sport event of some type. Some people will dress up. There is a sausage supper on the Saturday night and usually some kind of entertainment either a live band or something more amateur.

There will be a charity auction - probably on the Sunday morning. I can't remember what else happened it was nearly a year ago. You could look at my review of Wincanton Hogswatch events over at http://www.discworldmonthly.co.uk/
TCOM-12 - Ludeum in tympanus
Editor Discworld Monthly
Jason

Postby Katblossom » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:06 pm

Thanks for that, yes I will have a look. The new witches board game looks good doesn't it? Looking forward to this event.
Katblossom

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:27 pm

Margi from this site is going as she lives in Wincanton. It would be great if some of the regulars on here could introduce themselves to each other. Oh and PHOTOS please! :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Next

Return to Terry Pratchett