How do you feel today? 5

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby janet » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:38 pm

Careful now Con! Falling downstairs left me in such a state that I could hardly do my job for most of last year.
Really hoping your mum is better soon.

Out of interest I googled South M........, Chilli. Nope. Doesn't exist! But judging by the average house prices in your postcode, I can see why the pound signs lit up in the eyes of the developers round there.
(Nope, not a stalker but I still have your address from the postcard exchange!)

Susanne, I'm still counting the cost of the repair bills on my car last year and they weren't close to $2k or the £ equivalent.
The joys of motoring eh?!!
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby janet » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:40 pm

:clap: Hi Dug!
Nice to see you :D
janet

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:45 pm

Thanks nice to be back. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Penfold » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:49 pm

Glad you weren't too badly hurt Con but sorry about your mum's complications. I hope you both recover soon.

Nice to see you back Dug and I'm looking forward to seeing plenty of pics. :D
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Catch-up » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:48 am

Con, hope you and your mom are doing better soon. Take it easy for awhile!

Welcome back Dug. :D

janet wrote:Susanne, I'm still counting the cost of the repair bills on my car last year and they weren't close to $2k or the £ equivalent.
The joys of motoring eh?!!

This is our first big repair on this car. Certainly, I wouldn't be ok with doing this on a regular basis. I should be ok for quite some time (knock wood). Turns out the breaks needed to be done too, but can't fuss about that because the total bill with the additional work came out less than the estimate! :D So, of course, I went to TJ Maxx. :shifty:
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby chillicamper » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:01 am

Hope you're OK Con. Take it easy! :shock: Hope you Mum improves soon as well.

Good to see you are back Dug

janet wrote:
Out of interest I googled South M........, Chilli. Nope. Doesn't exist! But judging by the average house prices in your postcode, I can see why the pound signs lit up in the eyes of the developers round there.
(Nope, not a stalker but I still have your address from the postcard exchange!)

You're not wrong there Janet. I live in a 3 bed semi 1950's ex-council house - and even that was expensive- though not as bad as all the new houses being built. Trouble is there's hardly any 1&2 bed houses being built round here. The developers prefer building 3, 4 and 5 bed houses. The cheapest of these go for about 300K up to maybe 600K. So it means that even after buying land and development costs, they will make many millions if they get permission to build on the field. Plus the fact that green land is going to cost less to buy in the first place.
We regularly see old 3/4 bed bungalows with big gardens selling for 400-500K just to be ripped down so developers can build 5-10 houses in its place.
Trouble is, I was born and brought up in this area - I don't particularly want to move away just because it's now been discovered by developers and become an easy route to riches for them.
Last edited by chillicamper on Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby wicked woman » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:34 am

Good to see you back Dug. :D
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby The Mad Collector » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:58 am

Welcome back Dug and I hope you are feeling better Con
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Quatermass » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:15 am

How do I feel?

Watch this video. About 12 seconds in is how I feel, except substitute 'Super Saiyan' with 'great writer'.

I've lived for over 2000 years, and not all of them were good ones. I've made many mistakes. And it's about time I did something about that.

-The Twelfth Doctor, Doctor Who: Deep Breath
Quatermass

Postby janet » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:49 pm

:happy-partydance: Don't have to go to the place where I hate working ANY MORE. Sent my resignation about 3 weeks ago effective from when contract ends in December. Letter today says they no longer require my services. Hang on......does that mean I'm sacked?
Bugger!
:lol: :lol:
janet

Postby pip » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:56 pm

Don't know about the UK but for social welfare purposes its better to be sacked or let go in Ireland as it means you can get benefits straight away. If you quit it takes a fare while.
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Sister Jennifer » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:04 pm

Welcome back Dug :D
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby janet » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:17 am

pip wrote:Don't know about the UK but for social welfare purposes its better to be sacked or let go in Ireland as it means you can get benefits straight away. If you quit it takes a fare while.

I believe it's the same here Pip, but, not to worry mate, I'm self-employed and this was just a small contract I did that I wanted to stop at the end of the year anyway :D
janet

Postby Quatermass » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:33 am

How do I feel today? Like inside, I'm like a Francis Bacon painting, grotesque and perpetually screaming. :roll:
I've lived for over 2000 years, and not all of them were good ones. I've made many mistakes. And it's about time I did something about that.

-The Twelfth Doctor, Doctor Who: Deep Breath
Quatermass

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:14 am

pip wrote:Don't know about the UK but for social welfare purposes its better to be sacked or let go in Ireland as it means you can get benefits straight away. If you quit it takes a fare while.

Actually, if you get sacked over here, you are deemed to have "made yourself unemployed" and are therefore not entitled to any benefits for about 6-8 weeks, I believe.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum